Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little tired of this KR interior so I'm looking at getting it re-done but I want to make sure the truck is in good working order before I go spend a small fortune getting my seats re-done.

What should I check and how do I check to make sure my truck is in good running condition? I drive about 130 miles every day and have no issues so I don't expect to find much, the only issue I run into is that sometimes it takes a long time to start, about twice as long as a normal 6.0L.

As far as my tools, I have basic hand tools to take things apart, I have Youtube to figure out how to take them apart, and I have a CTS 2 to monitor the vitals (coolant and oil are usually within 1-2* of each other).

·
Registered
603 Posts
Read the stickies. There is a lot to digest regarding the 6.0 and testing. Too much to regurgitate here....

·
Registered
964 Posts
If it's not puking out the degas bottle and all your vitals are good then I'd not worry (FICM voltage and diff temps, etc).

I'm at 145k and I haven't had to do anything besides normal maintenance items (oil, shocks, filters) since I did head studs. I figure the next thing I'll need is injectors but who knows, they might last for another 100k.

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
I'm a little tired of this KR interior so I'm looking at getting it re-done but I want to make sure the truck is in good working order before I go spend a small fortune getting my seats re-done.

What should I check and how do I check to make sure my truck is in good running condition? I drive about 130 miles every day and have no issues so I don't expect to find much, the only issue I run into is that sometimes it takes a long time to start, about twice as long as a normal 6.0L.

As far as my tools, I have basic hand tools to take things apart, I have Youtube to figure out how to take them apart, and I have a CTS 2 to monitor the vitals (coolant and oil are usually within 1-2* of each other).
Just buy the Outlaw interior. It will look good against the white and your interior unless Ford charges an arm and a leg. Ill give u my vin if u want it.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just buy the Outlaw interior. It will look good against the white and your interior unless Ford charges an arm and a leg. Ill give u my vin if u want it.

Thank you, I've been thinking about the red leather because it does look good and I already have red under the hood. I don't think it'd be right though just because the truck is a King Ranch, what I'd be doing is going to Katzkin (I think that's their name?) and getting seat covers that mimic the look of the new interiors with the KR color in the center and black around. This is what I'd be doing.

I am thinking about just doing the solid brown though because there is nothing else black in the interior so I'm going back and forth with that idea.

As far as health of the truck, I've read a few of the stickies (far from all of them lol), checked the deltas, temps are within spec, degas bottle has never given me issue, and the truck is 100% stock (EGR limited with the SCT and blue spring mod done). My only issue right now is the slow start thing, it'll start up fine but when it's warm it starts slow. I'm hoping / thinking it's a dummy plug issue.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Slow start could be dummy plugs or STC fitting. If the original STC has not been changed yet, you may want to fix it before it fails completey and leaves you stranded or worse yet, cracks the back cover requiring engine to be pulled.

Reactions: Red Ford
1 - 6 of 6 Posts