Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have a strong feeling that trucks should be trucks. They are nice and have seen some bad a55 ones but not my style.

·
Berm Buster
527 Posts
I love the lightnings. I want one as a project truck. I almost bought one right before I went overseas. I am trying to decide on building a lightning or somthing like this. Of course these will be projects after I get a new 6.7. Diesels always come first :thumb:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I like them and would own one .

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the lightnings. I want one as a project truck. I almost bought one right before I went overseas. I am trying to decide on building a lightning or somthing like this. Of course these will be projects after I get a new 6.7. Diesels always come first :thumb:
i would build a lightning .... have you heard them super chargers ? mmm mmm mmmm

i could understand how sum ppl feel a truck should be a truck but damn these trucks are sexy and pretty fast stock.

·
Registered
273 Posts
powerstroke lightning....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Actually i think to do a street truck like the one posted earlier, but with a powerstroke. so much better then a big block gasser

·
Registered
450 Posts
i have a cust that just put a 12v in his 1st gen lightning. thing is a screamer. i actually almost bought a 2nd gen before my dmax.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I had a black '93, wish I would have never sold it.:(

·
Registered
1,258 Posts

that truck is badass!!!!!!!!!!! is that a 67?

·
Registered
74 Posts
i love them. original owner of this 2003:

THIS is my real toy:

holset hx60 82mm t6 turbo. built motor, ported heads, cams, homebrew external variable vane system. it hauls ***, schools mustangs on road courses, and is still a half ton truck. much more comfortable than a mustang. i've put 70k on mine, and couldn't imagine ever selling it

·
Berm Buster
527 Posts

THIS is my real toy:

holset hx60 82mm t6 turbo. built motor, ported heads, cams, homebrew external variable vane system. it hauls ***, schools mustangs on road courses, and is still a half ton truck. much more comfortable than a mustang. i've put 70k on mine, and couldn't imagine ever selling it
I just got a boner.

Its funny cause I was walking to the gym today thinkin about taking a 66 f100 and putting a 12v in it instead of a built 460. Could you get some pics or vids of the 1st gen with the 12v in it. That would be cool to check out.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts

THIS is my real toy:

holy crap dude, that thing is SICK! how much power and TQ you getting outta that thing?

I was looking at a lightning before I bought my PSD. I almost bought a 03, with a kenne bell and chip in it. somewhere upwards of 550 HP. BUT, it wasnt all wheel or 4 wheel drive. thats what I like the most out of my PSD. and withthe snow we've had here this year and end of last year, its been a lifesaver!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts