Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've got mine torn down to the block, waiting on heads. New o-rings and gaskets on injectors and everything above them. Replaced IPR screen, painted turbo and intake manifold Ford Blue, new black CAC pipes and intake elbow. About to cut the exhaust and install MBRP turbo back. Really anxious to get heads so I can install those along with IPR full flow coolant filter and oil cooler relocate. Still looking for the right heater hose for CCV reroute. Any suggestions?

Reactions: TwinExcursions

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Changed the train horn valve out.
Question : I have a clunk on my left side driver side. I was told it might be the sway bar. My ex is 2wd all I saw was the end link and a thick bar that goes side to side so maybe getting and replacing it with this might solve? Thanks in advance.
http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-k80043

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Changed the train horn valve out.
Question : I have a clunk on my left side driver side. I was told it might be the sway bar. My ex is 2wd all I saw was the end link and a thick bar that goes side to side so maybe getting and replacing it with this might solve? Thanks in advance.
Front Sway Bar End Link Replacement | Ford Excursion

Make sure to check the track bar and ball joints too.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Make sure to check the track bar and ball joints too.
Bll joints were done not to long ago and a beam bushing. I will probably get the track bar done later on. But this is cheap and seems simple and easy.

Reactions: BridgerMT

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Fixed ( I Hope ) t stat housing keeps leaking a little ..when its colder outside ..like below freezing which is everyday here now..

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Looked at mine sitting in the drive way where it has been for over a week now because it won't start. I have to find time to do some more troubleshooting but it's dark when I go to and dark when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
821 Posts
Put it up for sale....

Reactions: letsmow10

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Put it up for sale....
Wish I had of sold mine a few weeks ago. Now I couldn't give the damn thing away.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,686 Posts
Wish I had of sold mine a few weeks ago. Now I couldn't give the damn thing away.

Let's not be too hasty. Where do you live? If you want to give it away, I might come get it if you pay the fuel bill. :hehe:

Reactions: letsmow10

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Let's not be too hasty. Where do you live? If you want to give it away, I might come get it if you pay the fuel bill. :hehe:
My wife would probably take you up on that offer right now. Luckily she's not on here.

·
Registered
821 Posts
My wife would probably take you up on that offer right now. Luckily she's not on here.

It's only listed since it would be easier to sell rather then storing. My wife would agree with yours.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not today, but over the last few months? Lots!

At BPD HQ got studs, oil cooler, EGR cooler (although I'm having that removed soon), all new OEM injectors, HPOP, turbo rebuild, Edge display, SCT X4 tuner, Amsoil double bypass filter, and Bigg Dogg heads from PowerstrokeHelp Bill Hewitt out of GA.

Bilstein dampeners all 4 corners, Hellwig sways F&R, Skyjacker dual stabilizers, Pro Comp 17" diesel wheels with Michelin tires.

Aesthetically, I did the full 05+ front end conversion from Sinister Diesel with Harley Davidson style blacked out headlights. New tint all around

Then for ICE, had a JVC head unit installed and a Viper alarm with remote start.

That's about it! Although I'm going back to the somewhat local diesel shop to get the EGR re-deleted and have the AC system worked over before summer hits. So far everything has been good except the ride quality has taken dump for some reason. Constant subdued *** shuddering vibration that was NOT there before I did the sways and steering stabilizers. Not blaming them, but I can't seem to figure it out. But I used to be able to cruise at 80+mph and the ride was smooth as butter...now I hit 75 and am backing off the skinny pedal cuz something feels off. HATE ride quality problems

Would love to post pics but I'm still working up to that magic number of posts so I can show you guys my progress. I have a set of '17+ 20" SD wheels n tires that I'm going to mount up with Bora aluminum hubcentric 2" wheels spacers soon, too.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Not today, but over the last few months? Lots!

At BPD HQ got studs, oil cooler, EGR cooler (although I'm having that removed soon), all new OEM injectors, HPOP, turbo rebuild, Edge display, SCT X4 tuner, Amsoil double bypass filter, and Bigg Dogg heads from PowerstrokeHelp Bill Hewitt out of GA.

Bilstein dampeners all 4 corners, Hellwig sways F&R, Skyjacker dual stabilizers, Pro Comp 17" diesel wheels with Michelin tires.

Aesthetically, I did the full 05+ front end conversion from Sinister Diesel with Harley Davidson style blacked out headlights. New tint all around

Then for ICE, had a JVC head unit installed and a Viper alarm with remote start.

That's about it! Although I'm going back to the somewhat local diesel shop to get the EGR re-deleted and have the AC system worked over before summer hits. So far everything has been good except the ride quality has taken dump for some reason. Constant subdued *** shuddering vibration that was NOT there before I did the sways and steering stabilizers. Not blaming them, but I can't seem to figure it out. But I used to be able to cruise at 80+mph and the ride was smooth as butter...now I hit 75 and am backing off the skinny pedal cuz something feels off. HATE ride quality problems

Would love to post pics but I'm still working up to that magic number of posts so I can show you guys my progress. I have a set of '17+ 20" SD wheels n tires that I'm going to mount up with Bora aluminum hubcentric 2" wheels spacers soon, too.
Still working on my vibration issues years later. I'm a bit of a procrastinator. My issue I assume is that I'm 2wd on blocks. Should start 4wd conversion with an axle swap to 4wd.I don't want to be to lifted just stock 4wd is fine for me. Enough to keep my 33s.

·
Registered
88 Posts
New to me 03 Excursion in great shape. I was pulling a construction trailer, with a 65 HP bobcat yesterday. Very smooth effortless ride until I returned home, and started getting a slight shudder I could feel in the steering wheel, and was slightly shaking the whole truck. I hope it was just the stupid (acting up) trailer brakes on the rental trailer, and not something new on my ride.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Still working on my vibration issues years later. I'm a bit of a procrastinator. My issue I assume is that I'm 2wd on blocks. Should start 4wd conversion with an axle swap to 4wd.I don't want to be to lifted just stock 4wd is fine for me. Enough to keep my 33s.

I'm not going to last years! I'm barely hanging on after just a couple short months, and it's not even my DD! I think what's really galling about this whole situation is that I remember very clearly how smooth it drove before I did those suspension mods...I'm hoping against hope that reversing some of these mods will reign the ride back in *crosses fingers*

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
I'm not going to last years! I'm barely hanging on after just a couple short months, and it's not even my DD! I think what's really galling about this whole situation is that I remember very clearly how smooth it drove before I did those suspension mods...I'm hoping against hope that reversing some of these mods will reign the ride back in *crosses fingers*
I thought the same it's horrible. And my plans were to go back to stock if unable to resolve. My commute is all in the city so I only notice when I go on a highway. Or last night doing 90 at 2am

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Also at this point I think leveling which already puts stress on components like joints and links.Even more so on old parts.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Posted it for sale

·
Registered
611 Posts
Busted the taillight on mine. It got into a fight with our trash bin...and LOST! Driver put it down right in the driveway.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts