Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 25901 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Mine received a much needed cleaning. Wash, wheel and wax. Today I’ll be running wiring to the fan I mounted in the topper to keep the dogs cool. That is if we ever get a nice warm day again before winter gets here.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Made it go from this

to this

Well technically I didn't do it "today". It was Sunday when I did it. But brought it back down to try and sale it.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Tested the coolant again today, Perfect :thumb: half a pint (I guess that would be a cup) of fleetguard DCA was the perfect amount to get my coolant back to where it should be. For $6, not to shabby. I plan on changing over to ELC when ever I reach 300k, so whatever I have in there now (I think its Dex-Cool :doh:) won't be in there too much longer :D

Also I washed my windows, loaded up my tool box, and put my tonneau cover on in preperation to go home :happydance:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I think an aftermarket company should make stronger, factory matching tailgate. Seems they get beat up so much, some reinforcements inside would make it much stronger and atleast wouldn't bend when you only put a little weight on it.

I know I'm on my 2nd one.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Dropped it off to get Recon cab lights installed!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Filled up on Sunday. It was just under $100, something like $99.34.

I HATE pumps that shut off a $75. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

BTW I just ordered my AE scanner :woot:

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I installed a ball valve on the coolant line that runs to the heater core so I can shut it off during the summer... much colder AC now. And I drove my truck today. That means I've put like 30 miles on it in 2 weeks. :hehe:

·
Beach Bum
26,655 Posts
I installed a ball valve on the coolant line that runs to the heater core so I can shut it off during the summer... much colder AC now. And I drove my truck today. That means I've put like 30 miles on it in 2 weeks. :hehe:
so that works?? ive been wanting to do that but i dont know how much of an effect it would do.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Well I got busy pulling my engine harness off today. Been having a random dying issue for the last few months. Found a couple bad wires so I swapped over a different harness that was in better shape. One thing I found was the rubber in the back of the ipr plug got so hot it melted. Has anyone seen this? Maybe I was getting a bad ipr signal and at random my ipr would shut therefore killing the motor like it cut the key off.

·
Registered
185 Posts
mounted some new tires today.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
so that works?? ive been wanting to do that but i dont know how much of an effect it would do.
It seems to work pretty good. Haven't had a chance to check the actual temperature yet though.

21 - 40 of 25901 Posts