Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

26321 - 26325 of 26325 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I pulled off drivers side intercooler pipe for more clearance I noticed it had a spot where it’s been rubbing on something. It looks like it’s about rubbed through so ordered a new set and new boots. Also ordered a new ac compressor, drier, expansion valve and condenser. This thing is costing some money.... I need a new battery cable set and probably new batteries too. I’m planning to take headliner and carpet out and take it to paint shop for new paint. Then I plan to install new headliner, carpet and Katskinz will be installed by auto trim shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,891 Posts
When I pulled off drivers side intercooler pipe for more clearance I noticed it had a spot where it’s been rubbing on something. It looks like it’s about rubbed through so ordered a new set and new boots. Also ordered a new ac compressor, drier, expansion valve and condenser. This thing is costing some money.... I need a new battery cable set and probably new batteries too. I’m planning to take headliner and carpet out and take it to paint shop for new paint. Then I plan to install new headliner, carpet and Katskinz will be installed by auto trim shop.

Check out custom battery cables LLC. Ford stopped making the oem ones for the 7.3l and I have had their kit for a few years now. Very high quality and heavy duty compared to the old cables I pulled off lol.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Helped a buddy install a new shift kit and rebuilt the clutch packs on his 4r100, I would not suggest tackling this on your own, man that sucked LOL! Drilling into the accumulator and all those plates was a little nerve wracking.
Please report back with how it came out after it is running again. I have a transmission that was supposedly working, and came out of a wrecked truck. I do my own 4L60 GM transmissions, but they are pretty simple and I know the pitfalls. I'm aprehensive about tackling the 4R100 because I know there are a whole LOT of things to know about them that I do NOT know. If you guys are successful with your project, I may ask to contact you for inside info.....

I had a 40 year friend that built automatics professionally. After I acquired my truck in 2013 I was at his shop in Reno for a deal with my Corvette. I asked him "I just got this truck. It has 125,000 miles on it. Anything I need to be thinking about?" "Well, there have been a bunch of improvements since that trans came out. When we do these, there's about 15 things on the list. You're OK for awhile, but we should probably do it by 150,000 miles. Let's do it next Summer." Sadly, the following April he went to bed and never woke up. I've been putting this off because I no longer have someone I trust to do it. I'm at 220,000 now. I've got to do something. I'm tempted to try it myself, the mistakes will be mine, and my buddy will be watching over my shoulder. But some input from another DIY'r that knows what's involved would be appreciated if you're willing to share.

Thanks for Reading.

·
Premium Member
8,775 Posts
Got a bunch of good links for ya ;)

noob transmission rebuild ... for the poor man
4R100 Rebuild Manual for the DIY - PowerStrokeArmy (TONS of Pics)

EXCELLENT 16 part YouTube ->

I've been preparing for eventually doing this myself too....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Got my redhead box on. Now I need to reinstall the intercooler pipe and air box along with battery. And then bleed ps.

26321 - 26325 of 26325 Posts