Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

25901 - 25920 of 25969 Posts

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Ha ha ha!

So since my truck has the after market bumper, there are unfortunately no front tow hooks. Maybe the move for me is to just get the blocker beam replacement one, and have a tow hooks insert for it, or weld some tow hooks to the blocker beam replacement hitch?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I got a little lost, if your truck doesn't have the blocker beam you wont be able to install the blocker beam receiver. Also the tow hooks are not needed but they are wider then the section that is sandwhiched so you don't even have to have them or put them on. Just removal for installation purposes etc.

I would reach out to etrailer or see if you can download the instructions. If your aftermarket bumper has the clearance or opening in the same spot as the oem foglights you may just need some longer bolts. But without seeing how yours is mounted its all guessing to be honest. If you have some fab skills you could always see what it takes to buy a 2in receiver tube and some angle iron and brace it to your current bumper. I wanted a winch style bumper for the looks but I don't use the winch but once or twice a year at max. I am going to the shop this weekend though so I can try and take some pictures but 90% is covered by the oem front bumper. Hopefully some will help with your future project.

I think etrailer even has an install video. They are usually detailed and may help more.

Reactions: SparkyF250

·
Super Moderator
19,445 Posts
Went out to wash the Ol' Guy today. It'd been a minute. Working, vacation (sitting @ the airport), being hot out (upper 90s) hadn't got to it. Looks much better.

Also noticed after the run last night to my son's house for my youngest grandson's 7th BD, the odo is showing exactly 266,000 miles. Still going strong!

·
Super Moderator
19,445 Posts
What? I know these trucks are good, but really 9 days? Record!! 🙂

·
Registered
428 Posts
I changed my ICP sensor. Now when I am on the freeway and I go to Pass and the transmission downshifts I get a big puff of black smoke. Before changing the sensor it was very minimal.

Also, it takes a little longer cranking to start the truck.

Should I be concerned ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
816 Posts
After 6 days in the hospital, I Did a basic coolant flush and fill. Oil change and fuel filters coming this week.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I changed my ICP sensor. Now when I am on the freeway and I go to Pass and the transmission downshifts I get a big puff of black smoke. Before changing the sensor it was very minimal.

Also, it takes a little longer cranking to start the truck.

Should I be concerned ?

Was it a motocraft or from fleabay or china-zone?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Been MIA for longer Spats than usual but next month going to do fuel, air, oil, tire rotation, overall inspection before things start getting cold.

Truck has been hooked up to a gooseneck for the past month so she’s been happy to be working so much lately.

also ordered those rain guard things for the side windows. Been wanting them for years and finally ordered them and they’ve been in the back seat for over a week 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
428 Posts
Been MIA for longer Spats than usual but next month going to do fuel, air, oil, tire rotation, overall inspection before things start getting cold.

Truck has been hooked up to a gooseneck for the past month so she’s been happy to be working so much lately.

also ordered those rain guard things for the side windows. Been wanting them for years and finally ordered them and they’ve been in the back seat for over a week 🤦‍♂️
I love my rain guards

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Couple days ago, dropped the tank a little bit and replaced the vent hose from tank to fill cap area. Yesterday did oil change and lube, and today got Eaton True Trac limited slip installed on the rear, with new ring and pinions and carrier bearings (one was really loose, too--probably what caused the noise I've been hearing for a few months).

·
Registered
555 Posts
Couple days ago, dropped the tank a little bit and replaced the vent hose from tank to fill cap area. Yesterday did oil change and lube, and today got Eaton True Trac limited slip installed on the rear, with new ring and pinions and carrier bearings (one was really loose, too--probably what caused the noise I've been hearing for a few months).
Damn dude. Engine, tranny, now rear. She's a new truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Ordered new fuel, air, and oil filter. 99% i stick to 5k for tire rotations/oil changes 10-15k for fuel, and 30-50k for the air filter since i run the AIS. every once in a while they all line up together for a more expensive weekend lol.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Replaced hvac blower motor and resistor with motorcraft parts.
$70 + 1 hr of time and good as new.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Picked up the dually after I had my diesel mechanic check the U joints and carrier bearing before we head out to the Grand Canyon in a few weeks, also had him drop the tank which was a good call the foot had broken off and the screens where 75% clogged. Amazing how much pep it put back in the truck having a clean fuel system.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Doing the 500 mile (about 450 on it now, and will be putting about 300 miles on the truck tomorrow, so I figure a bit early rather than late) oil change on the rear diff with that new Eaton LS in it. Putting in the MasterPro 85W-140 from O'Reilley's since I couldn't find any other gear oil in the 85W-140 range around here. What is the best gear oil for a LS differential? I might change this one out in another 500-1000 miles or so just as an added "break-in" precaution (I am a cheap SOB but also OCD when it comes to stuff like this). IIRC, I don't need friction modifier in it for the LS.

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Doing the 500 mile (about 450 on it now, and will be putting about 300 miles on the truck tomorrow, so I figure a bit early rather than late) oil change on the rear diff with that new Eaton LS in it. Putting in the MasterPro 85W-140 from O'Reilley's since I couldn't find any other gear oil in the 85W-140 range around here. What is the best gear oil for a LS differential? I might change this one out in another 500-1000 miles or so just as an added "break-in" precaution (I am a cheap SOB but also OCD when it comes to stuff like this). IIRC, I don't need friction modifier in it for the LS.

Honestly just about any properly spec'ed fluid is all you need. I am usually able to get Valvoline at walmart/napa or the auto parts places like autozone/o'riley but the fact you are even changing the rear dif is more than most truck owners frankly. If you have the limited slip just look at the fluid label. Some has it already added and some doesn't. Adding to much of the limited slip additive isn't good but like I said most don't change it so you'll be fine with 99% of the fluids out there.

Reactions: forthehalibut

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pulled passenger side front axles shaft after I found oil seeping around the dust seal...Looks like I'll be replacing the inner seal.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Pulled passenger side front axles shaft after I found oil seeping around the dust seal...Looks like I'll be replacing the inner seal.
Mine is the same, but the inner seal looks like a pretty involved job ya?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

25901 - 25920 of 25969 Posts