Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

25841 - 25860 of 25954 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,435 Posts
YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH FOOD WHEN GRANDCHILDREN ARE AROUND.....ESPECIALLY SNACK FOODS.....(HEALTHY OR UNHEALTHY).....
Right? HAHA

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Returned home from a short camping trip, and the dually did a great job, Love the KC turbo and PHP tuning makes easy towing now. The after I got home tackled the rear brakes on the F-250, one of the pads had actually slide in between the rotor and the caliper bracket, so new pads and rotors. Next project is to pull the dually wheels off and check the rear brakes before we head off to the Grand Canyon in Sept.

·
Super Moderator
19,435 Posts
I have my electric windows back! Whooooop! Some time back, they quit working. But, I could make them work if I opened the door and moved the rubber wire boot between the cab & the door....until yesterday when I almost didn't get the window to go back up. Spent several hours this morning looking for the broken wire. I finally found it in the boot and ran a new wire through the boot and connected it at each end. Tested it and it worked. Put it all back together, closed the door, lit the truck and I got Windows! Opened the door, works, closed the door...still works. One happy camper here! Because of places being shut down, I've been having to go through the drive-thrus. I had to use the previous method before driving in and after driving out. Probably exacerbated the wire problem.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
This was actually yesterday but the dually got new rear brake shoe's.

Reactions: oilcan1001

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yesterday I bought PowerStop Extreme pads for both axles and today pulled my wheels to find my pads are still A-ok so I'll just tuck them away until needed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Replaced parking brake sensor, regular brake sensor, passenger air bag off switch (code 27) and installed my stancor 200 amp relay.(dis not need new glow plugs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
425 Posts
I really love my 6.0 trans cooler. My temps never go above 185 when towing my 5’er , even with 100+ ambient temps

Reactions: 7.3_TurboDiesel

·
Registered
174 Posts
I really love my 6.0 trans cooler. My temps never go above 185 when towing my 5’er , even with 100+ ambient temps

Climbing out of Camp Verde, jockeying for position with a ton of traffic and big trucks, was not pleasant. I've heard nothing but great things about the bigger cooler. I have perhaps 10K on the transmission fluid, I'll check it when I add the cooler to see what the color's like, if it's not absolutely "like new" I'll probably just change it regardless after that heat.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Climbing out of Camp Verde, jockeying for position with a ton of traffic and big trucks, was not pleasant. I've heard nothing but great things about the bigger cooler. I have perhaps 10K on the transmission fluid, I'll check it when I add the cooler to see what the color's like, if it's not absolutely "like new" I'll probably just change it regardless after that heat.
Camp Verde, ha, apparently we are both lizards. (I'm in Phoenix also)

According to the go to guy, trans engineer Mark Kovalsky, Normal operating temperature is about 170-180F. You're fine up to 220F, and for less than a half hour you can go as high as 250F.
I think this depends if you're using a premium fluid type. He recommends Mobile1 full synth.

Also,there is a small in line filter to help protect the cooler from getting clogged that should be changed also.
" If your transmission has ever been worked on by a Ford dealer, you probably have a Magnefine in-line filter in the "rubber" part of the cooler return line, near the front axle. If so, you should replace that filter every time you change the ATF. You can get one from your Ford dealer, or for about $15 from Magnefine Filters--Online Order Form. Your cooler lines are probably 3/8th inch, so you want the 3/8th size Magnefine inline filter. "

·
Registered
174 Posts
Camp Verde, ha, apparently we are both lizards. (I'm in Phoenix also)

According to the go to guy, trans engineer Mark Kovalsky, Normal operating temperature is about 170-180F. You're fine up to 220F, and for less than a half hour you can go as high as 250F.
I think this depends if you're using a premium fluid type. He recommends Mobile1 full synth.

Also,there is a small in line filter to help protect the cooler from getting clogged that should be changed also.
" If your transmission has ever been worked on by a Ford dealer, you probably have a Magnefine in-line filter in the "rubber" part of the cooler return line, near the front axle. If so, you should replace that filter every time you change the ATF. You can get one from your Ford dealer, or for about $15 from Magnefine Filters--Online Order Form. Your cooler lines are probably 3/8th inch, so you want the 3/8th size Magnefine inline filter. "
I had the transmission rebuilt not too long ago (year or so) by Reliable so I would assume they replaced that filter. I double checked, they just told me that they use Mercon 3 non-synthetic.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had the transmission rebuilt not too long ago (year or so) by Reliable so I would assume they replaced that filter. I double checked, they just told me that they use Mercon 3 non-synthetic.
The magnefine filter may not even be there unless it was serviced at a dealership, but you can check for yourself.
It will be located in front engine area, down low, underneath fan where your trans lines go to the cooler itself which is in front of the radiator.

$20 peace of mind
e of mind

·
Registered
174 Posts
The magnefine filter may not even be there unless it was serviced at a dealership, but you can check for yourself.
It will be located in front engine area, down low, underneath fan where your trans lines go to the cooler itself which is in front of the radiator.

$20 peace of mind
View attachment 768518 e of mind
Ok. My new cooler should be here tomorrow, I will check for the filter when I'm under there.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Got new shoes today.
I stayed with BFG K02’s because they seem to hold up well for my useage

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
Got new shoes today.
I stayed with BFG K02’s because they seem to hold up well for my useage

Very nice! Im a fairly loyal BFG guy myself. Is that an edelbrock sticker on the shock mount lol?

Reactions: oilcan1001

·
Registered
425 Posts
Very nice! Im a fairly loyal BFG guy myself. Is that an edelbrock sticker on the shock mount lol?
As a matter of fact it is an Edelbrock shock. My brother works at an auto shop and a guy came in with a similar truck and didn’t like the shocks so they took them off and put different ones on and I got these for free

Reactions: GETFURIOUS

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Got fuel pujp replaced--again. The first new one (got back Monday) crapped out due to the intake fuel line hose being made for gasoline and not diesel, and eventually collapsing and killing the new pump. Original metal lines back on. The last one (another O'Reilly one) just deicded to go after a good 8 miles on it. New one now is from NAPA is not the one specifically for the 7.3 (NAPA doesn't have that specific one), but it has the same psi rating, etc--just needed adapters to fit it onto the fuel lines. Hoping this one lasts more than 2 days!

25841 - 25860 of 25954 Posts