Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

25801 - 25820 of 25829 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Geez, Louise - That's a shiny truck!!!
Is the Ceramic coating something you applied yourself or was it done professionally? I ask because I've been looking at companies like Turtle Wax who are coming out with Ceramic stuff that can be applied myself.
I applied it myself, I believe it’s the Maguires in a fluorescent yellow bottle. If you do it every few days it builds up and gets a nice coating on it I wash it then apply it from the spray bottle and wipe dry with a clean lint less microfiber

·
Registered
839 Posts
Washed, ceramic coating, new axel seals, calipers, pads ,rotors, front ujoints, sanded frame and under coated.
GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE BACK.....I HAVEN'T SEEN A POST FROM YOU SINCE YOUR TRUCK WAS ADDED TO THE BANNER.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Getting the dogs crates setup in the bed. Have all the cap windows open minus the main back window, and that little Milwaukee fan on high. Stays pretty cool back there for them. Little man will be getting a crate to match his big sisters soon. The stall matting is amazing at keeping the crates in place with a single strap across the top, so having his the same size to match will make loading them up and securing them a breeze.

Also, let me know if these pictures are coming out massive on your computers to those that are on them. I just upload to original size on the tapatalk app on my phone.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Also, let me know if these pictures are coming out massive on your computers to those that are on them. I just upload to original size on the tapatalk app on my phone.
THE PHOTO CAME OUT JUST FINE.....IT FILLS THE WINDOW IN LINE WITH THE WIDTH OF THE TEXT.....

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
used the truck for some simple bush removal. Trying to simplify the front yard. Tired of trimming/edging around bushes so ripped them out and tomorrow getting some seed, fertilizer, soil to make some fresh lawn. It was funny they were too big to dig out but just kind of let the truck idle 5ft and the sheer weight of the truck yanked them right out. Didn't even feel it while rolling hahaha.

I have some trees in the back that I need to climb up a bit and hook a winch line to though later. They are growing more horizontal over the neighbors shed in one spot than im comfortable. Its still small enough to not cause bad damage but Id rather cut it now then just wait etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I finally used mine to do a little towing, had to use one addiction to feed another. It was about a 200 mile round trip with no issues. The only scare was I realized I hadn't done a good enough job of cleaning up the residual grease buildup when the seal went out on the hub in the rear end. After warming up the brakes on a couple stops it started smoking pretty good. I wasn't in a position to take it apart and clean it up, so we just kept going. It was cleared up by the time we got home, but will still take it apart this weekend to make sure to get everything.
20200624_182927.jpg
20200624_182942.jpg

·
Registered
448 Posts
New windshield. It had previously been repaired and had been fine for a few years but it finally started to crack.

$250 and they came to my house and did everything. $100 cheaper than Safelite. Windshield hub. Never heard of them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
448 Posts
Installed new dual bilstein 5125’s on the front, 5100’s on the back. Rough country dual stabilizer.
How hard is it to install the shocks? The shop wants like $200 a pop and I only see 2 bolts and 10 minutes per $50 shock. I haven't done it because I assume I am missing something. I'm worried that the new ones will uncompress and I won't get them to recompress or something.

Also, I understand that the shocks aren't even necessary since it's leafs all around. What's the point of new ones?

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
How hard is it to install the shocks? The shop wants like $200 a pop and I only see 2 bolts and 10 minutes per $50 shock. I haven't done it because I assume I am missing something. I'm worried that the new ones will uncompress and I won't get them to recompress or something.

Also, I understand that the shocks aren't even necessary since it's leafs all around. What's the point of new ones?

I could’ve probably installed the front and rear’s in an hour and a half if I didn’t snap 2 rusty bolts. Replacing the shock towers were super easy, I left the tires on the vehicle and didn’t lift it.

I don’t know about you in regards to running a vehicle without shocks or worn out shocks but I don’t like riding around feeling like I’m in a dump truck LOL

The Bilsteins kit that I bought came with four front shocks and two rear the four fronts are valved accordingly to make for a softer ride

I will never run single shocks on this truck again and more importantly I will only be buying Bilsteins.

I installed the top of the shock first cut the straps and walked into the bracket on the rear as it expanded, on the front I installed the top of the tower first then wrapped a small ratchet strap around the ends of the shock and compressed it to where I needed it to get the bulletin worked out really well.

The steering stabilizer took me about an hour and a half as My bolts were pretty rusted and covered in undercoating

·
Registered
839 Posts
The Bilsteins kit that I bought came with four front shocks and two rear the four fronts are valved accordingly to make for a softer ride
SO.....HOW MUCH WAS THE KIT AND WHERE DID YOU GET IT FROM?....

THANKS.....

·
Registered
460 Posts
I would argue shocks are still extremely neccesary for leafs all around. Leafs provide spring rate, not dampening like a shock does. I would imagine no shocks would be bouncy. Anytime I have driven a truck with no shocks, it's sponge city.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

25801 - 25820 of 25829 Posts