Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

25781 - 25800 of 25829 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
New battery. China-auto replaced one of the two new ones I bought in oct 2018 for free under warranty. I was pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Had a little battery scare the other day. Didn't realize when the dog jumped from the back seat to the front he bumped the little ceiling light and its been on for who knows how long. Truck started right up and got some lumber for new shelving just in case. Amazed how little options matter when it comes to cost. By the time you buy screws, 2x4s and plywood vs just buying the brackets and shelving its really kind of a wash. You don't pay much less for the labor in diy anymore. Guess lumber is just risen a little recently lol.
The battery saver circuit doesn't cut that light off after it times out or is it hot all the time?

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
The battery saver circuit doesn't cut that light off after it times out or is it hot all the time?

My running board lights seem to have the time delay. i.e. I turn the truck off and they stay lit for maybe 20 seconds or something but it appears the interior ceiling light only has two modes on the switch (auto and on) vs my other vehicles that have off, auto, and on. I think since the dog toggled the switch it would have stayed on as long as the batteries last (probably longer than I thought). It may have only been a day it was on but nice to know it didn't seem to affect the truck. I have been wanting to upgrade stuff with LEDs but i get migraines and LEDs are killer on my eyes. (My body always feels the new vehicles have their brights on) so I just have been avoiding led upgrades even though I feel it would be a nice upgrade on the truck lol.

·
Registered
839 Posts
My running board lights seem to have the time delay. i.e. I turn the truck off and they stay lit for maybe 20 seconds or something but it appears the interior ceiling light only has two modes on the switch (auto and on) vs my other vehicles that have off, auto, and on. I think since the dog toggled the switch it would have stayed on as long as the batteries last (probably longer than I thought). It may have only been a day it was on but nice to know it didn't seem to affect the truck. I have been wanting to upgrade stuff with LEDs but i get migraines and LEDs are killer on my eyes. (My body always feels the new vehicles have their brights on) so I just have been avoiding led upgrades even though I feel it would be a nice upgrade on the truck lol.
IF YOU REALLY WANT TO CHANGE TO THE L.E.D. LIGHTS.....MAYBE YOU COULD GET THE SOFT-WHITE L.E.D. LIGHTS AND COAT THE INSIDE OF THE LENSE WITH A TINT PRODUCT TO REDUCE THE EXTREME BRIGHT LIGHT.....

Reactions: JustinOOO9

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm curious, if you leave the courtesy lights on with the dashboard dimmer switch, do they go off with the battery saver? I've never tried it. I know they go off after about 10 minutes if you leave a door open.

The little overhead map lights are on a different circuit and fuse. The under hood light and glove box light are on the same fuse (#4 under dash in a 99). Fuse #4 is hot at all times, this circuit is not controlled by the courtesy light timer or battery saver feature.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
I'm curious, if you leave the courtesy lights on with the dashboard dimmer switch, do they go off with the battery saver? I've never tried it. I know they go off after about 10 minutes if you leave a door open.

The little overhead map lights are on a different circuit and fuse. The under hood light and glove box light are on the same fuse (#4 under dash in a 99). Fuse #4 is hot at all times, this circuit is not controlled by the courtesy light timer or battery saver feature.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow to be honest. Im pretty confident if i forget it wont destroy the batteries at least. Im curious too. I guess I didn't really expect a 21yr old truck to automatically turn off the interior overhead light since the dog actually changed positions with the switch. Just thought it was funny. It looked like the sun was reflecting off the neighbors wind-chimes when I looked out the kitchen window but when I moved to another window it was the same reflection angle even though I moved like 20 ft and thought. I don't think light reflections work that way but i've been wrong a million times before haha.

·
Super Moderator
19,330 Posts
I used mine for nutritional sustenance retrieval and then I washed the outside. Got the dust and bugs off. Not as detailed as I'd like, but it looks a lot better. It is in the upper 90s and I was sweating my...um...face off. 😆😆

Reactions: GETFURIOUS

·
Registered
839 Posts
I used mine for nutritional sustenance retrieval and then I washed the outside. Got the dust and bugs off. Not as detailed as I'd like, but it looks a lot better. It is in the upper 90s and I was sweating my...um...face off. 😆😆
SO.....HOW WAS THE ICE CREAM AND COOKIES?.... :D

Reactions: SuperCrutyPS

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
DId the oil change and lube job. Replaced fuel filter as well. Was getting water in fuel light on. Drained the fuel bowl a couple times, too. Light came on again today before I fuel up. Not sure what's up.

·
Super Moderator
19,330 Posts
SO.....HOW WAS THE ICE CREAM AND COOKIES?.... :D
🤣🤣🤣🤣 - Unfortunately, those were not on the grocery list! Maybe next time.

·
Registered
448 Posts
DId the oil change and lube job. Replaced fuel filter as well. Was getting water in fuel light on. Drained the fuel bowl a couple times, too. Light came on again today before I fuel up. Not sure what's up.
Will they check this under warranty? How is everything? I read mixed reviews on Jasper.

·
Super Moderator
19,330 Posts
Took the truck to dinner last night with the family. Son/wife, daughter and 5 grandkids! Always the best time.

Thought a lot about my Dad (lost him in 2011) today. I am who I am today because of his example of being a man. Wasn't big on the touchy feely stuff, but he made sure we had what we needed. It was later in life he did some hugging and saying "I love you." I found out a lot about him after he passed from my Mom. Stuff I wished I knew when he was still here. Miss that guy!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dad was working today, we'll celebrate another time.

But finished up replacing the rusted out rear brake lines (lost it on the highway, fun times). And figured, since I had the system void of fluid, I might as well put the new stainless lines on. Took me about 3 days to get it all finished up due to the amount of rusted hardware/fittings (even had to re drill both rear hard line bolt holes because the originals snapped)... But I shouldn't have a problem for years to come now.

Happy fathers day to all you dads on the forum. I'll join you some year.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Will they check this under warranty? How is everything? I read mixed reviews on Jasper.

I can have the mechanic check it out. I doubt it has to do with the engine, but rather with some fuel I put in before. I drained the bowl again when I was at the station to fuel up, so we'll see if it happens again. I might also add some fuel drying additive today now that I think about it.

·
Super Moderator
19,330 Posts

Washed, ceramic coating, new axel seals, calipers, pads ,rotors, front ujoints, sanded frame and under coated.
Geez, Louise - That's a shiny truck!!!
Is the Ceramic coating something you applied yourself or was it done professionally? I ask because I've been looking at companies like Turtle Wax who are coming out with Ceramic stuff that can be applied myself.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Geez, Louise - That's a shiny truck!!!
Is the Ceramic coating something you applied yourself or was it done professionally? I ask because I've been looking at companies like Turtle Wax who are coming out with Ceramic stuff that can be applied myself.

When I was interested in Ceramic coating I found this video to be super helpful. Explains the prep, application, mentions some brands but im sure everything should be taken with a grain of salt. These guys run a professional detailing shop to so i feel its mostly reliable.

The one stopping point was its about $100 for two 50ml containers and my truck is a supercab short bed so its pretty expensive but man im really temped to do it at least once hahaha.

25781 - 25800 of 25829 Posts