Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

25721 - 25740 of 25752 Posts
236 Posts
Well, got frisky when I came home earlier and decided to toss the new bumper on and put the wire harness from my 2000 bed onto the new bed (2012 plug style is different. Didn't want to fight it, so I swapped mine in instead.)

Then before dinner got really frisky and got the bed on. No bolts yet, it's just resting partially in place for now. I have to repair a dent on the front of the bed so it will slide up where it's supposed to. Also have to check the fitment up front, hoping I don't have to shim it up to level it out. But finally, almost 4 months later, it's almost done.

It's definitely not the prettiest bed, but I paid $500 for a rust free Georgia bed. Hard to beat that in Ohio! I'll also clean it up and get the double sided tape removed.. That should be fun. Little by little.

I'd likely be further along, but my wife and I picked up a monkey (GSD) a few days ago, and he's taken up a lot of our time recently with potty training and such. But he's a blast.

EDIT: After looking closer at the pics... I see the beds lined up fine. The gold trim is lower on the newer beds. Fuuudge. Not sure what I'm going to do about that now.
You could run a gold pinstripe at the highest point of the cab gold color. Might look good like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
I got the oil cooler rebuilt/ sealed with a new cooler, o rings and gaskets with a new cooler itself reusing the ends. I used the ratchet strap tech I found on youtube, worked like a dream. I'm 3 flushes in with simple green and water.I probly have 1 maybe 2 more then to water then coolant once I'm satisfied its clean enough. I'm happy with the progress, but the flushing is very time consuming.

·
Super Moderator
19,256 Posts
I actually get to drive it tomorrow. :love: It's my day to go TO the office.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well, it's on. Still have a lot of work to do removing dents, removing the double sided tape from the old flares, and a general clean up on it. But I'm happy with how this looks. Little dudes first ride in it around the block.. He was not a fan

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oil cooler is complete. Took 4 Simple Green/ water cycles, 5 tap water cycles, 2 distilled water cycles and the it was perfectly clean for new coolant. I did new upper and lower hoses, themostat and a thermostat housing from Riff Raff diesel. That housing with a Ford thermostat secured and sealed with zero hassle, can't say that for the stock housing and Napa thermostat I used for the flushing cycles. However the leaking simple Green and water cleaned everything during the process.

·
Super Moderator
19,256 Posts
Well, it's on. Still have a lot of work to do removing dents, removing the double sided tape from the old flares, and a general clean up on it. But I'm happy with how this looks. Little dudes first ride in it around the block.. He was not a fan
Hopefully, before you know it, he'll be racing you to the truck to get a ride!

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
My radio's just not makin' it anymore.... :(

There's a YouTube channel I look-in on (StevenCox ~ originally for 7.3 stuff, but there's stuff there like the inside of a BMW's gas tank that will blow-your-mind) where he has installed this Radio (really, a Media Player and, So Much more!). This thing is pretty impressive, I guess what sold me was the Rear Camera which, like my car, will do that "Overhead View" thing that I like so much.

It's more like an in-dash Android Tablet and even comes with TorqueApp already installed (you add anything you want like Waze etc.) It will BlueTooth connect your Phone, has external WiFi & GPS antennas that work remarkably well, USB cables for Fast Charging or added content and a dedicated one for a Forward Camera if you want. Very flexible, lots of Music Apps, I'm gonna install Kodi on it!

Anyway, pretty straight forward install (I used an aftermarket kit, they supplied that nice trim-ring, Steven kinda butchered his install ;)) except that the Camera was kinda a Pain to find an out-of-the-way location where it wouldn't get kicked or stuff dropped-on. I bought it right from the importer (he sells on eBay, Amazon, & Direct) and best price was at eBay for $259 (surround camera + $84) and was glad I went for the top-of-the-line "Gesture" model (you wave your hand in front of it to do things like Raise/Lower the Volume - much easier than finding those little buttons as you're driving)

·
Registered
817 Posts
My radio's just not makin' it anymore.... :(

I bought it right from the importer (he sells on eBay, Amazon, & Direct) and best price was at eBay for $259 (surround camera + $84) and was glad I went for the top-of-the-line "Gesture" model (you wave your hand in front of it to do things like Raise/Lower the Volume - much easier than finding those little buttons as you're driving)
REALLY NICE RADIO.....

SO.....WHAT IS THE BRAND NAME.....OR DO YOU HAVE A LINK?....

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
REALLY NICE RADIO.....

SO.....WHAT IS THE BRAND NAME.....OR DO YOU HAVE A LINK?....

Ok - sorry the unit is an Atoto A6 Pro (there are several models this one is the Top ~ A6Y2721PRB-G).

Here's the Vid that I saw on it ->
(and, if you go there, you gotta see that BMW one too ->
:D)

Looks like Amazon's got a $25 Off coupon right now -> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMV84L2/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=sphinx4785-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07CMV84L2&linkId=6fac7dd6cfbdda17d7fc73c6d232dff4

Edit; Just to be clear, the bundle Amazon is offering does Not come with the Surround Camera system and lacks that video processing module. It was a little cheaper at eBay though for me -> Amazon.com: ATOTO AC-SC3601 Single-Camera-Based Surround View Rearview Parking System - Use Panoramic Image Stitching Tech - Bird's-Eye View of Surroundings - Easy Installation: Car Electronics

One of the coolest things it did, while setting-up the surround camera, was it's self calibration. The camera kit comes with a 60sqft "Checkerboard Cloth" you layout behind the vehicle. When viewed thru the camera those checks "Smile" at you (FishEye lens). You put it into Calibration Mode and video processing module straightens them Out!

Lotta Tech there....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Called Dad and wanted to see if he was up for a little road trip. We both needed to get out of the house, and I had a call from my FFL that my newest addition to the family was ready to pick-up 😉. Did about a two hour round-trip on some nice wide open South Georgia 4-lane, set cruise about 74 and truck was thanking me for stretching its legs. Oil temp was highest at 213, Trans hardly got over 155, 80 degrees ambient air-temp. Next drive to town I should roll over 170,000 miles.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got to replace a locked up caliper in the local target parking lot. What a fun time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got to replace a locked up caliper in the local target parking lot. What a fun time.
Me and a friend had a caliper lock up on his 6.0 in the boat ramp parking lot. We got out at the lake to get the boat ready and then we smelt it, we decided to back the boat in, go fishing and fix it when we got back. We caught a 2 man-limit of crappie that day too, his wife went and picked up the parts we called in and brought them too us. Day I'll never forget.

·
Registered
817 Posts
MUCH CHEAPER THAN A TOW BILL.....

Me and a friend had a caliper lock up on his 6.0 in the boat ramp parking lot. We got out at the lake to get the boat ready and then we smelt it, we decided to back the boat in, go fishing and fix it when we got back. We caught a 2 man-limit of crappie that day too, his wife went and picked up the parts we called in and brought them too us. Day I'll never forget.
GOOD WAY TO MULTI-TASK.....

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Got my front window regulator w/motors in the mail today. The back two was in a few days ago, along with my tailgate latch. Now I gotta figure out how to take off the covering from the inside since it failed in the shut position.

Anyone know where good interior carpet fro my crew cab is sold? I saw one a while back that has extra padding for noise reduction, but I can't seem to find it again. I want to get that and combine it with the sound-deadening material I plan on buying (when I get some more money coming in). The noise level in my cab while running down the highway goes from 71-75 db.

·
Super Moderator
19,256 Posts
Got my front window regulator w/motors in the mail today. The back two was in a few days ago, along with my tailgate latch. Now I gotta figure out how to take off the covering from the inside since it failed in the shut position.

Anyone know where good interior carpet fro my crew cab is sold? I saw one a while back that has extra padding for noise reduction, but I can't seem to find it again. I want to get that and combine it with the sound-deadening material I plan on buying (when I get some more money coming in). The noise level in my cab while running down the highway goes from 71-75 db.
Try LMCTruck - I believe they have carpet.

·
Super Moderator
19,256 Posts
Actually got to drive my truck 3 times this week! Once to the Dr's office so he could tell me I'm Fat.....still!! HAHA and twice to work! After the Dr. visit, I did buy diesel for $2.99 (lowest it's been in my area of CA). Of course, now that I've been in it, I've noticed that the Ol' Guy is dirty and needs a bath. Maybe this weekend, since it's a holiday weekend.

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
loaded the truck canopy on her the other day. Hopefully i can find a spot for the wife, myself, and this four legged critter that now has his own spot on the couch so we can go camping in private. Getting back to more basic camping though. Just a memory foam mattress in the truck bed, some water, camp food, propane stove, and couple boxes of clothes/supplies. The canopy is insulated and I have a truck bed carpet kit so helps a ton with moisture/warmth on cooler nights. Its been pouring down raining past two weeks and we may have some sun this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
19,256 Posts
I could send you some sun Justin! We're getting plenty after last weekend's rain. By Monday, we're supposed to be pushing 100°. Maybe if I send you some, it will be cooler here! HAHAHA

25721 - 25740 of 25752 Posts