Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

25701 - 25720 of 25752 Posts

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Thats why I feel its a short. It only takes the smallest rub spot and your driving for weeks then the engine bay twist just a little from a turn in the road, or bump and whammy. keep us posted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Will do. Hopefully once I solve this issue it will help others too. I've read alot of people who have wasted money throwing parts at this same problem without solving it. Such as a whole new trans harness, PCM, and shift solenoid.

·
Vendor
12,796 Posts
I installed some Jelibuilt tunes on my shop truck and man I am impressed with the shift points. One of my biggest gripes about many other tuners is the 3rd/lockup/OD right in a row shift at 42mph and the truck falling on it's face. His daily driver hangs OD out to about 50mph. So much better. If anyone is interested in his tunes they are on my website.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Well, I tried to open my tailgate the other day, and the handle broke! I figure on finding a used one somewhere to replace the whole thing (dealership wants $135 for the handle alone, and the pull-out step on this one is very worn and slightly broken as well). The one on my truck is from a 2010-ish Super Duty (it has the hole for the camera, but no camera, of course). So, two questions:

1. What should I expect to pay for a used one in good shape (want to say with the type I have--love the step)?
2. How do I get the tailgate off now that is is broken in the "up and shut" position?

·
Registered
817 Posts
ROCKAUTO SELLS "NEW" HANDLES FOR ABOUT $30.00 OR LESS.....LAST TIME I CHECKED.....

ALSO.....NEW ONES ARE ALL OVER EBAY.....

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Drove mine for the first time in a few months. My wife left the horse trailer hooked to my 6.0 so I fired Ol Blue up, she acted happy to get out on the road. So I went and picked up 800 lbs of beef feed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally found the source of my no low or high beams issue. Tomorrow's job is figuring out how to get the captive washer off of the bolt so I can pull the upper shroud off the plug and pop the pin to splice in a new wire. If anyone has tips on that, let me know ;)

·
Super Moderator
19,256 Posts
Nottin' ...left it...in the driveway...sitting...collecting dust. Still looks good though. This [email protected] stuff just doesn't have the Ol' Guy moving a lot. I will get to drive to the office Tuesday.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Will do. Hopefully once I solve this issue it will help others too. I've read alot of people who have wasted money throwing parts at this same problem without solving it. Such as a whole new trans harness, PCM, and shift solenoid.
Well after taking it to a trans shop to get internal electronics checked, going through the whole harness and being completely frustrated I took it to another shop and confimed my fear, P
c

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Got a vibration in the F250, ended up being a U joint and the carrier bearing. So the PO mechanic sucks because these parts where not done right according my tech also my 1500 rpm shuttering is gone.

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
MY SON BOUGHT ME A NEW SET OF BACKING PLATES FOR MY FUTURE PARKING BRAKE JOB.....
Sounds like a kid that’s off to a good start lol.

my 7.3l just towed the side by side, some lumber, a 5th wheel, and then this morning out the canopy back on for some upcoming camping.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Finally got some time to work on the truck again. Por15 is on the frame. Don't have enough to do the bottom of the bed, so I'll probably just drop it on for now and paint it before winter gets here.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well, got frisky when I came home earlier and decided to toss the new bumper on and put the wire harness from my 2000 bed onto the new bed (2012 plug style is different. Didn't want to fight it, so I swapped mine in instead.)

Then before dinner got really frisky and got the bed on. No bolts yet, it's just resting partially in place for now. I have to repair a dent on the front of the bed so it will slide up where it's supposed to. Also have to check the fitment up front, hoping I don't have to shim it up to level it out. But finally, almost 4 months later, it's almost done.

It's definitely not the prettiest bed, but I paid $500 for a rust free Georgia bed. Hard to beat that in Ohio! I'll also clean it up and get the double sided tape removed.. That should be fun. Little by little.

I'd likely be further along, but my wife and I picked up a monkey (GSD) a few days ago, and he's taken up a lot of our time recently with potty training and such. But he's a blast.

EDIT: After looking closer at the pics... I see the beds lined up fine. The gold trim is lower on the newer beds. Fuuudge. Not sure what I'm going to do about that now.

25701 - 25720 of 25752 Posts