Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

25621 - 25628 of 25628 Posts

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Went and picked up a new A/C unit for the house, get home notice oil spot on the driveway. The oil dipstick flange is leaking again, so back to my tech for another try at it,

·
Registered
120 Posts
Does anyone know, removing the PTO cover on the ZF6 if I need to drain the transmission first? I think I have a leaky PTO cover but don't want to pull that plate and have a few gallons of ATF hit me in the face LOL.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Went and picked up a new A/C unit for the house, get home notice oil spot on the driveway. The oil dipstick flange is leaking again, so back to my tech for another try at it,
I've found the only real fix is to just pull the pan and get a new adapter. Or buck up the ponies for that fancy milled aluminum kit, but I wasn't comfortable pushing my old adapter back into the pan

·
Registered
727 Posts
TODAY.....I FINALLY GOT A NEW FRONT BUMPER AND AIR DAM.....TO REPLACE MY BENT BUMPER.....

HOPEFULLY I CAN GET INTO MY BUDDYS SHOP IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS AND INSTALL IT.....

BUT....I HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT THE GOVERNOR DECIDES IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS ABOUT BEING OUT AND ABOUT.....TODAY'S ORDER WAS.....AS OF 8:00 P.M......EVERYBODY WHO DOES NOT NEED TO BE OUT.....TO STAY HOME.....

IN THE MEAN TIME.....WD-40 AND PB BLASTER WILL BE THE TOOL OF CHOICE.....

·
Super Moderator
2001 Ford F350, 7.3L, 4R100, CC, LB, SRW
19,192 Posts
TODAY.....I FINALLY GOT A NEW FRONT BUMPER AND AIR DAM.....TO REPLACE MY BENT BUMPER.....

HOPEFULLY I CAN GET INTO MY BUDDYS SHOP IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS AND INSTALL IT.....

BUT....I HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT THE GOVERNOR DECIDES IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS ABOUT BEING OUT AND ABOUT.....TODAY'S ORDER WAS.....AS OF 8:00 P.M......EVERYBODY WHO DOES NOT NEED TO BE OUT.....TO STAY HOME.....

IN THE MEAN TIME.....WD-40 AND PB BLASTER WILL BE THE TOOL OF CHOICE.....
Pics! Pics! Pics! We wanna see!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Pics! Pics! Pics! We wanna see!
I WILL POST PHOTOS SOON.....IT IS WRAPPED IN CARDBOARD RIGHT NOW AND I DON'T WANT TO UNWRAP UNTIL I AM READY TO INSTALL.....

SO.....LIKE A MOVIE PREVIEW.....COMING SOON..... :p

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Get the strictly diesel adapter. Worth every penny. My original 20 yr old dipstick adapter started to least last winter. Followed the instruction to a T with new oem kit. Leaked in about a week.

did the strictly kit and has been leak free since. PS if your bottom end sucks up that brass adapter in the pan you got bigger troubles lol.

I know it’s $$ but it’s just a really good product for a very unique set up.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
So we have taken a short camping trip, and for the first bit the truck wanted to run a tad hotter, but after few miles it settled down to normal, guessing it needed a few miles since I had just done a new radiator, thermostat and added a coolant filter. And as far as the oil leak on the F 250 my mechanic will fix it, since it's under his warranty period.

25621 - 25628 of 25628 Posts