Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

25601 - 25620 of 25753 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yesterday, Walked out to my truck after work. To find a nice puddle of coolant just happily waiting for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
817 Posts
2004 F350 Lariat CCLB 4WD -- ARP Studs, SCTx4 tuner, Edge monitor, BPD all the way: EGR cooler, HD remote oil cooler, Water pump, FICM, 7.3 fan clutch, alum radiator. Viper remote start / alarm, Pioneer 8400
I NEVER SAW ONE OF THESE.....

WOULD YOU PLEASE POST A LINK AND A PHOTO OF YOUR HD REMOTE OIL COOLER.....AND ARE THESE MADE FOR THE 6.0 MOTOR ONLY?....

THANKS.....

·
Registered
8,458 Posts

WOULD YOU PLEASE POST A LINK AND A PHOTO OF YOUR HD REMOTE OIL COOLER.....AND ARE THESE MADE FOR THE 6.0 MOTOR ONLY?....

THANKS.....

The 7.3l oil cooler is a much different design and location. If you ever clogged a 7.3l oil cooler you are in a whole mess of trouble. the 6.0l cooler has DRAMATICALLY smaller passages and clogs very easily. So if people don't have money for a bulletproof air cooled oil cooler conversion kit they can buy a oem oil cooler relocation kit to make the changes super easy. The 6.0l cooler is tucked away under many engine components and is hard for the average owner to change, vs the 7.3l oil cooler is on the bottom driver side of the engine connected to the oil filter adapter and very easy albeit messy to change.

·
Registered
817 Posts
The 7.3l oil cooler is a much different design and location. If you ever clogged a 7.3l oil cooler you are in a whole mess of trouble. the 6.0l cooler has DRAMATICALLY smaller passages and clogs very easily. So if people don't have money for a bulletproof air cooled oil cooler conversion kit they can buy a oem oil cooler relocation kit to make the changes super easy. The 6.0l cooler is tucked away under many engine components and is hard for the average owner to change, vs the 7.3l oil cooler is on the bottom driver side of the engine connected to the oil filter adapter and very easy albeit messy to change.
THANKS.....I ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW ON THIS SITE.....

·
Premium Member
238 Posts

THANKS.....

Go to Bullet Proof Diesel's website and take a look. I went with one a couple of years ago when I put a factory reman engine in the truck. No problems so far. Great temps.

THANKS.....

THANKS.....

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
I may pull the old batteries out today and try to get a couple new ones while I still can. Out here in the country people are still out and about, not sure how much longer that'll last.

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
With all of this craziness going on, I figured it would be good to engage in some truck therapy lol. My truck was constantly making a chuuchhn-chuuuchn chuuuchn-chuuchn squeak every time front axle would articulate, found out it was my leaf spring isolators. Ordered the new updated kit from Ford, $57 dollars later (cheapest I could find it anywhere), my truck is quieter than a church mouse giving his wife the silent treatment. Some of the best money I have spent on my truck in a while, I didn't realize just how loud my springs were. I had my 10-ton jackstands at my shop at work, So I whiped up some jackstand blocking for my 3-tons I still had at the house. Found that using a 5lb cast woodsplitting wedge worked amazing for spreading the leaves apart. My truck was born in May of 2000, so I have the Pre-June round eye springs, however I have the Post-June mounts. I found front isolaters were about 2x as easy as the rear in my case. The updated isolaters were tough to get the tab to fit in the whole, but once you got them in the curved piece went in easy. If your springs make any noise, buy this kit. Setup to Clean up took about an hour and a quarter. Got some before and after pictures attached

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
Got a couple new batteries for the 7.3 but have been too busy to install them, My son went missing last night so I've been all last night and today in the 6.0 driving back roads searching. Full post in the 6.0 chat and the MPA chat if interested. Prayers appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got a couple new batteries for the 7.3 but have been too busy to install them, My son went missing last night so I've been all last night and today in the 6.0 driving back roads searching. Full post in the 6.0 chat and the MPA chat if interested. Prayers appreciated.
Prayers lifted up man.

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
They found him. His truck was washed over an embankment and completely submerged. Turned out he was more north of where we were searching. Water receded enough that someone saw the roof and headache rack. Not sure how to even process it right now. How do you have a funeral when the county is freakin quarantined?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Man Sparky, I’m so sorry for your loss. Praying for comfort for your family during this time.

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
Thanks guys, your thoughts and prayers mean a lot. I've been trying all day to pick up the computer, it tears me up every time I've tried. So many people offering condolences, especially those who knew Jack, he was truly a great kid. One more year and I could've started being more of a friend and less "dad" to him. We're devastated but we'll get by, I'm not "religious" but we have a very strong faith in God and the resurrection thru Jesus, so ultimately this isn't the end. He was named after both his grandfathers who he never got to know, so he can spend time with them till I catch up.

Forgive me for posting this in the other 2 threads, I can't write it out again.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Sorry for you're loss, no words can describe it, prayers for you and the entire family

·
Registered
103 Posts
The rona stay home kit came in today/yesterday. I work midnights, so today is yesterday and today lol. Got the gpr installed first, then started on the hutch tank mod from riffraff. I have the bed off for a swap, so I didn't have to drop the tank. Which is good because it's 100% full. But is bad because I can't do the harpoon mod. Oh well.

Once I finish this, I'll move onto the rest of the 05 headlight swap. Then por15 the rear section of the frame. Lots of work to do, but it's nice to bring this 20 year old truck that my dad bought new, back to life. I'll eventually get the cab replaced too. But the bed was in seriously rough shape.

25601 - 25620 of 25753 Posts