Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 4487 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Today I used my powerstroke to pull my old dodge to the shop for my dad. The torque converter burned up. But good thing my suncoast/relentless trans is still good lol

·
Registered
228 Posts
dpf deleted and egr blocked. PIP tow tune loaded (getting a damn egr CEL). Sounds great and happy my engine is not dealing with that anymore.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Finally got my Titan tank installed week before last.

Last week was spring break and we took my truck to the beach so I'm just now getting around to posting about it. The install ended up taking 3 days because the plastic clip that holds the fuel line in place broke and no one in town had one in stock. We had to order one and that was when the ice and snow hit north Mississippi and the part was delayed coming from Memphis. We had to leave by 130 that Friday and it has not showed up so I told the mechanic to see what he could do to make it work. He ended up using two zip ties to hold it in and it actually looks like it holds better than the pastic clip. I am going to run back by the shop this week and drop the tank and put the proper clips back on just to be safe.
It is awesome having the large tank. We made the round trip of over 550 miles and still have 15 gallons to burn.

Fuel mileage wasn't too bad either considering there was a fair amount of daily driving around town to the store and out to eat at night included in that. The average was at 16.8 MPG about 15 miles from home and a regen kicked in and knocked it down some more. I've gotta run by the dealership this week and get the DTE calculation changed and activate my remote access module for the remote start from my phone.

When we got home tonight my tailgate cover was here so I got it installed too. Quick and easy install but one of my favorites so far.
Removed the plastic tailgate cover and stripper pole:

Then installed the new cover with the replacement bolts. Now I have a nice flat tailgate and can slide things in and out easily. I will run by the spray in bed liner place and get it sprayed to match the bed soon.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Had a productive Saturday on my truck
Installed the Edge EAS cable ran it from the Display out under the hood above the battery,
Installed the EAS turbo timer. Have the EAS EGT probe but haven't decided where to run it.
Then hooked up my ford add on security module which allowed me to hook up The remote access kit. Once i call the dealership today should have that activated and up and running.

·
To Many Projects
4,171 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Me too

I also want the tank. So they can change you calibration for the bigger tank?
Yeah the fuel guage works without recalibration, it just sits on full for about the first 5 gallons before it starts moving. The calibration is to change the system from 25 gallons to 50 gallons on the Distance to Empty readout. I am going in to do it today or tomorrow. Should be a quick and easy change.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think I want to remove the handle too.
It is very easy to do. There is a thread linking the part number for the cover and the bolts needed over on Diesel Stop. Just search for Tailgate Stripper Pole Replacement Cover

·
Registered
301 Posts
A couple pages ago I had posted about getting a free camper top. Got my brother to give me a hand on Friday night and we put it on the truck. Wasn't too bad with two people, took about 15 minutes. Saturday morning I went by the dealership it came from, first to inquire about replacing the back wind(broken hinge and it's basically nonfunctioning) and second, to see about having side windows put in for added ventilation. They happened to have a used backglass and side windows that will work, so I left the top there to have everything installed. Ended up getting about 65% off retail cost. It's the A.R.E. MX series, I don't think it looks bad.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Topper looks good. I could not fit that in my garage though. I went with a Lakeland topper cab high. Also added the Dieselsite fuel filter system, Duraflaps and Edge Insight last week.
That looks good! I would have preferred the cab height version as well but I couldn't argue with free, the added headroom is kinda nice. Aside from the backdoor and a couple scratches it's in great shape. It won't be permanently mounted on the truck though. In the coming weeks I'll be building a roof rack system for it as well as a hoist so that I can raise/lower it off the truck whenever I'd like. Main uses will be for travelling, camping, etc but for the most part my truck will be cap-less 95% of the time.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yeah free is always best. What I did to lift it off is put 4 eye bolts in my garage ceiling. Then when I want the topper off I put a 4x4 (it's what I had) under the topper at each end that has an eye bolt on each end. Then using 4 heavy ratchet straps I just ratchet it up one corner at a time. Takes me about 15 minutes but lifts it up high enough to park under it.

For me it is mainly going to be used for when we travel or are moving something. When I don't need it I like to take it off cause I think it looks better that way.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My plan is similar but it'll attach to the roof rack instead. I can't really find a rack/basket setup that I like, so plan to build it. I actually bought a bed rack about 2 weeks before I got this top for cheap as hell, I intended to cut it up and modify to my liking. Now the plan is to use pieces of the bed rack to make the roof rack system for the top.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I went LED crazy

I know there are some that won't care for them, but I've always liked lights. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.
Lifetime LEDs in the grill
Lifetime LED 3/4" marker lights in air dam.
Recon big rig ice under the doors.

Attachments

1001 - 1020 of 4487 Posts