Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
4821 - 4840 of 4849 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I already replaced the DEF heater two weeks ago...about 2 weeks after I filled the DEF tank the code and light came on. So the heater has been replaced for 2 weeks now and this past Thursday I unplugged the big connecter from the truck to the heater and added some dielectric grease and really did my best to get the plug seated again. I really feel like I got the plugs together well on the module before reinstalling the heater so I really think it's that plug. I've logged about 150-200 miles since Thursday and the light comes on every time I start the truck. I can use my CTS2 to "clear the code" which turns off the CEL but the code is still there.

Reactions: TKR

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
650 Posts
Going to pick it up today or tomorrow so that Ford can reset whatever codes is keeping it from running like normal. NOx sensor(s) were changed out and codes are gone, but still not working.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I already replaced the DEF heater two weeks ago...about 2 weeks after I filled the DEF tank the code and light came on. So the heater has been replaced for 2 weeks now and this past Thursday I unplugged the big connecter from the truck to the heater and added some dielectric grease and really did my best to get the plug seated again. I really feel like I got the plugs together well on the module before reinstalling the heater so I really think it's that plug. I've logged about 150-200 miles since Thursday and the light comes on every time I start the truck. I can use my CTS2 to "clear the code" which turns off the CEL but the code is still there.
You need to download Forscan.org That will tell you what is going on with the truck and maybe it's more than the connection on the heater. By the way there is a special contact grease that I use. I got it from my dealer. It's called Motorcraft electrical grease.

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Probably couldn’t have gotten much more use out of these rear pads on my F450.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
The salt here murders pads, poor things never get a fair crack at life lol.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I added my Firestones about a year after I got my truck. I installed a 5th wheel hitch and man the squat was terrible. I was happy after the install It took a lot of the bounce out of the truck. They also improved the ride and work well with the stock shocks still on the truck. I did a cross country trip and visited about 26 places. Airing up and down was a pain. When I got back I couldnt wait till the compressor came in. It took me all day to install it. I don't have the remote. That was just another thing to keep track of. I mounted mine below the AC vent in my 15. I wrapped all the wires with wire loom and hid them as much as I could. I also wrapped my air hoses in 1/4 wire loom for added protection. With the air compressor you can air them up anytime. I still have the valve like you just in case the compressor goes out. Mounted mine under the cab on a steal plated that I riv-nutted to some cross bracing under the cab. It's been 6 years and still going strong. There is a intake for the compressor that I mounted inside the cab under the back seat. There was a gromet in the back corner that I was able to run the hose through.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Finally, after six weeks stuck at the Ford dealer, I picked my truck up yesterday. It was awaiting a replacement DPF which went south in under 20 miles after I did the recall 21E01. Or at least Ford said it did. The truck ran flawlessly until I opted (foolishly) to get the software 'update'.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Finally, after six weeks stuck at the Ford dealer, I picked my truck up yesterday. It was awaiting a replacement DPF which went south in under 20 miles after I did the recall 21E01. Or at least Ford said it did. The truck ran flawlessly until I opted (foolishly) to get the software 'update'.
They are replacing it under warranty right. I dont see any bad move here getting the update.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
And I believe as stated earlier. The warranty was ticking as the truck was sitting.

Reactions: Treehick and TKR
4821 - 4840 of 4849 Posts