Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
4801 - 4820 of 4849 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
We just hit $5/gallon where I live. California likes to excel at everything nefarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I just saw that he is also trying to shutdown another pipeline here in Midwest. Not sure how accurate or true that is but....

On the truck front I was kicking around the idea of adding a little electrical grease to my plugs I don't think I got seated good on my DEF heater. Is this a recommended idea or a possible huge no no?

Reactions: TKR

·
Loud Exhaust Aficionado
297 Posts
Removed the bed and installed a Factory gooseneck/fifth-wheel prep kit.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Truck Car

·
Loud Exhaust Aficionado
297 Posts
Automotive tire Wood Flooring Floor Hardwood

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just saw that he is also trying to shutdown another pipeline here in Midwest. Not sure how accurate or true that is but....

On the truck front I was kicking around the idea of adding a little electrical grease to my plugs I don't think I got seated good on my DEF heater. Is this a recommended idea or a possible huge no no?
I got some at my dealer. It is a contact grease not Di-electric which may be different.

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
Truck can breathe a little better now... Was really happy with how easily the stock exhaust came out compared to 6.4. Think from start to finish, it only took me like an hour and a half. The 6.4 was a 2 day endeavor of cutting, breaking sockets, and swearing. My 6.7 pretty much said: "Get this damn thing off me!" lol. Haven't gotten around to pulling the egr cooler yet, gonna wait for warm weather for that.

The difference in how it drives isn't as dramatic as the 6.4 was, but that doesn't really surprise me. I also forgot how much longer it takes for the truck to warm up once its deleted, probably gonna need to get a winter cover for the grill this year.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Talked with my local mechanic that does the stuff I don't feel like tackling and he said go ahead and put some on it and it should help. So had the day off yesterday and crawled back under there to mess with the one I thought it was. I unplugged it and greased it up and then used the ziptie trick to try and tighten it up but still getting to open circuit fault. I'm hoping I don't have to drop that tank again to get to the rest of the plugs.

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Bought mine, New to me 2016 F350 king ranch with a 6.7 and only 59,000 on it.
Real question……. What to do first? View attachment 779312
Nice truck with low miles. That is a good color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TKR and Rj4

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
650 Posts
Real question……. What to do first? View attachment 779312
Empty the DEF tank and refill with new.. (New caretaker of a 6.7 and having a wonderful time with the DEF system.)

By the way - that's a great looking truck!

Reactions: Rj4 and TKR

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
Real question……. What to do first?
Typical used vehicle stuff, change fluids so you have a baseline(CHANGE FUEL FILTERS!). Other than that, do whatever your heart pleases (and wallet can afford).

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
When doing the fluids, don't overlook the brake fluid. It's well past time for that to be flushed. Also start looking at shocks. The OEM are lucky to go past 50k without losing pressure.
Oh, and the coolant will be due soon. 6 years is the cycle.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I been working this truck the past few weeks. It's anhydrous season so pretty well had to 10k tanks hooked constantly and then picked up a job from the neighbor where he laid some field tile around an old coal mine on his place. So he asked me to use the skid loader and my dump trailer to clean up his boulders. This truck has had 20k behind it for about two weeks now.

And my DEF heater is still throwing the code.

Reactions: TKR

·
Registered
221 Posts
I been working this truck the past few weeks. It's anhydrous season so pretty well had to 10k tanks hooked constantly and then picked up a job from the neighbor where he laid some field tile around an old coal mine on his place. So he asked me to use the skid loader and my dump trailer to clean up his boulders. This truck has had 20k behind it for about two weeks now.

And my DEF heater is still throwing the code.
The DEF heater is a known problem. They all go out which is stupid.
Get a new one her and when you have time change it out. Just don't top off the tank because DEF is heavy. LOL
Here is a OEM part. Man they are getting expensive now.

4801 - 4820 of 4849 Posts