Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
4781 - 4800 of 4849 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
About how long does it take to remove the front end to get at the headlight? Is it a PITA, or just an extra (unnecessary) step in what should be a simpler process?
It’s a PITA. Have to remove clips on rubber wind shroud, remove grill bolts and tilt forward to access clip releases with long screwdriver, then completely unbolt and remove the headlight housing, then you can finally access the bulb socket to swap out normally. Reverse the process to reassemble.
Probably 30 minutes if you’re doing both. (Put in LEDs so you don’t have to do it again for years.)

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
It is easier than my procrastination speaks. I finally took the 20 minutes to change mine. I wasted more time searching youtube videos than changing bulbs. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Got my S&B cab mounts yesterday. Man they look good. A nice little feature I noticed was the little piece of paper on them that says basically everything on top of this tag goes above the frame and everything below goes under. They made it about as dummy proof as possible that I may actually be able to pull this off lol.

·
Registered
2012 F-250 CCSB 4x4 El Kingo Rancho
107 Posts
Got my S&B cab mounts yesterday. Man they look good. A nice little feature I noticed was the little piece of paper on them that says basically everything on top of this tag goes above the frame and everything below goes under. They made it about as dummy proof as possible that I may actually be able to pull this off lol.
I really need to do this. I was cleaning and did an oil change today and my mounts are looking ROUGH…I looked up the kit though and damn it’s a little spendy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Probably 30 minutes if you’re doing both. (Put in LEDs so you don’t have to do it again
Have you found good LEDs for the headlights? When I say "good" I mean ones that put out usable light. I've seen a lot that are bright and probably have a lot of lumens but it is just all over the place. Not really focused like they should be.

Reactions: TKR and TaxmanHog

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Have you found good LEDs for the headlights? When I say "good" I mean ones that put out usable light. I've seen a lot that are bright and probably have a lot of lumens but it is just all over the place. Not really focused like they should be.
I bought some from Retro Solutions several years ago. They are fine on low, lots of light. They do spill into the oncoming lane. Given the brightness and height of the truck, it annoys the oncoming traffic.
On high beam, it has the same lumens just spread out more. So the overall brightness appears less intense. So I just run them on low all the time.
I bought another set from Amazon to see if they would be more focused away from the left lane. But, as I complained in another thread Ford designed an insane need to disassemble the truck just to change the bulbs, so I’ve been too lazy to try them yet.

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
The focus is the hard part for LED in a mon LED reflector. I would love to swap in some HID but can't justify the cost.

Reactions: TKR

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yesterday I dropped by my Ford dealer to peer in at my 2016 6.7 that's been sitting in their back lot for almost a month now awaiting parts. After foolishly letting them do the 21E01 'update' it only took 20 miles to create a truck with 42,000 miles that now needs a new DPF and a couple NOX sensors and whatever else, and cannot be driven until 'repaired'. No estimate on when to expect the arrival of the necessary parts.

I'm wondering if I ask the service guy for all the part numbers they are waiting for, if he'll give them to me. Then I could go on the hunt for them myself. I'd call every Ford dealer in the country in my search. I know for sure THEY aren't doing it!

I actually went over and sat in it so I don't forget what it's like . . . I have some stuff at home that I want to add to my baby but it ain't happening while it sits here!
Sky Land vehicle Cloud Wheel Tire

• Wow
Reactions: TKR and TaxmanHog

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Replaced me DEF heater this weekend since I got the code for failure last week. That really isn't an awful job if someone had a clean underside of the truck. This guy did/does not have a clean underside lol. I am still getting a code of Open circuit B on the heater but am believing I just didn't get the connector back together well enough.

Once I got done with with that I went over to finish some fall tillage in our new to us tractor. Got about half way done with what needed to be done and guess what...SCR failure on the tractor. Really starting to get fed up with emissions BS.

Reactions: TKR and backhoebill

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
It's all good. I'm more concerned about the truck than the tractor at this point. I was about to say that it wasn't necessarily Dingle-doofus's fault but I guess he was VP when that tractor was made lol.

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
650 Posts
Not mine, but work's 2015 F350 CCLB with only 50k miles on it:

5 weeks ago or so - changed out front brakes. They were completely shot. And performed ABS bleed using Forscan.

Last week - changed oil, oil filter, and both fluid filters and both air filters. Paper air filter looked like it had never been changed.

On Sunday, received a call from a project manager that was driving it from Mooresville IN to PA was driving through a construction zone near Spiceland, IN when it all of a sudden went into 50mph mode and lights blinking at him. He made it to an AutoZone and tried to fill the DEF up per my instruction but that didn't do anything. He left it and the load there while his wife picked him up and he took his personal car to PA, and a hot shot group picked up the truck and brought it back. Ford told us today that both NOx sensors need changed and it would be $1800-$2100 to do it. Found a buddy to do it for $200 labor and bought the parts off Ford in Mooresville. Picking it up with my 6.0 and company's gooseneck dually and hauling it out to my buddy's house tomorrow.

·
Registered
2012 Ford F250 PSD
244 Posts
Replaced me DEF heater this weekend since I got the code for failure last week. That really isn't an awful job if someone had a clean underside of the truck. This guy did/does not have a clean underside lol. I am still getting a code of Open circuit B on the heater but am believing I just didn't get the connector back together well enough.
Couple years ago mine went out, after they replaced it, the tech notice damage to the connector/harness, ended up replacing that as well to get codes cleared and unit working again.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Funny, i saw two stickers of that obiden did that while traveling this week. both in gas pumos, i just happened to notice one and about laughed my *** off. Im getting a bunch of them

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4781 - 4800 of 4849 Posts