Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
4661 - 4680 of 4718 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Taught the youngest how to prop open the tool box with a paper towel roll since the gas springs are shot.

I should probably replace those.

He can do it all himself, thank you very much...but he does have to hop on the lid to get it to latch. Well...except close the tailgate

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Going to try and ask again. I have a sensor acting up and have the sensor to replace it but not sure where it is located. Does anyone know where the Particulate Matter sensor is located? I'm sure it is on the exhaust just not sure where.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have a sensor acting up and have the sensor to replace it but not sure where it is located. Does anyone know where the Particulate Matter sensor is located? I'm sure it is on the exhaust just not sure where.
I did a quick online search and this is what I got:

"The particulate matter sensor is generally installed downstream of the DPF and combined with an Adapted sensor control unit (SCU). Testing the PMS system requires a suitable scanner, but it is essential that the Diesel Particulate Filter Is in a functioning condition". Hmmm, not so good. Try this one:

"The sensor is located on the tailpipe about even with the rear axle". Maybe a bit better?

Reactions: TKR and hogbody

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I appreciate that Tommy. That's what I was finding also and even found a video showing how to change one. my only hesitation was the guy called it a temp sensor so made me hesitant. It should just be a 5 minute job switching the sensor if it is the one I'm hoping it is.

Hogbody, if it was easier to get tuning I would do it in a heartbeat but I am just to much of a wuss to deal with it not working right with faulty tuning.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Going to try and ask again. I have a sensor acting up and have the sensor to replace it but not sure where it is located. Does anyone know where the Particulate Matter sensor is located? I'm sure it is on the exhaust just not sure where.
I would suggest nickel anti-seize when installing.

I used Permatex 77134 on my EGT sensor.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The only reason I was asking was I was under the impression there were a couple sensors under there and that they would all look similar. Didn't want to replace the wrong one and still have an issue. It should be a short process and something I will tackle next week when I am off work or if I get shut down into limp mode or something.

Reactions: TKR

·
Loud Exhaust Aficionado
296 Posts

New air filter versus the old air filter

In case you wanted to know what filter the new one is.
Also it is 14" inch long and has a 6" diameter flange.

·
Registered
2016 F250 CCSB 6.7 4x4
51 Posts
Got my 295/65/20 Ridge Grapplers mounted over the weekend. This morning, installed a new OE rear sway bar and changed the oil.

This weekend the OUO front truss and dual stabilizers go on. Looking forward to that!

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
7,377 Posts

Got my adaracks in, finally. Now i just need to grab a basket so i can get my arb awning and some recovery gear installed.

Still waiting on the winch for the new bumper...

Reactions: sspeigel

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice, I recently traded in my 2018 F150 for a 2016 F250 and will be towing our 33 foot TT over 3000 miles in a week. This will be to first tow with the 250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished our trip to the Badlands, Yellowstone and Estes Park, 3204.8 towable miles. Truck ran great, only problem, 2 dead batteries in West Yellowstone the night before we were scheduled to leave for Estes Park. Had a nice person jump me in order to get back to the campground then, needed a jump the next morning and left in running while we hooked up the camper. Off to Napa for 2 new batteries and off we went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
7,377 Posts
Im still rocking the original batts in my 16. My trip odo resets after 1000 miles though

Reactions: smoke33

·
Registered
2011 F-250 CC FX4
220 Posts
Changed my fuel filters today. Stage 3 sent me a raw hot side pipe instead of a black one 😡. Otherwise that would have went on today as well. Unless they show up tomorrow, the CCV kit and hot side pipe will have to wait til after the big road trip.

·
Loud Exhaust Aficionado
296 Posts
Rented a 16' dump trailer to haul away my old backyard deck.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Changed the steering stabilizer.
Swapped Bilstein 24-196284 5100 Series, for Fox 985-24-001 . Bilstein lasted about 45K miles.
Well....that wasn't it. Ended up with major death wobble on the interstate hwy (with the kids with me :eek: ) about 6-8 times. Left turns and metal bridge transition joints really set it off. So thought it was defective stabilizer, but no. Had daughter do the wheel back and forth and saw that the drag link ball joint at the pitman arm had slop in it. Replaced that, and it took about half the death wobble out. Going to do the track bar next.

Also, had P247B code yesterday and swapped out EGT14.

And while changing that out, found this... :rolleyes:

4661 - 4680 of 4718 Posts