Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

4601 - 4610 of 4610 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Replaced the DEF Heater to clear a CEL throwing a P20BA code. It was a huge PITA to get the DEF tank disconnected & reinstalled (replacing the heater was a cinch), but avoiding a $1,000 bill at the stealership was well worth it.

As usual, the threads & links I found on the site gave me everything I needed to diagnose the code, order the correct replacement part at the best price (RockAuto), and get some advise/tips on how to replace the part.

Once again the membership paid for itself!

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Replaced the DEF Heater to clear a CEL throwing a P20BA code. It was a huge PITA to get the DEF tank disconnected & reinstalled (replacing the heater was a cinch), but avoiding a $1,000 bill at the stealership was well worth it.
View attachment 774102

As usual, the threads & links I found on the site gave me everything I needed to diagnose the code, order the correct replacement part at the best price (RockAuto), and get some advise/tips on how to replace the part.

Once again the membership paid for itself!
What does the heater come with? I have not payed much attention, but my plastic def line connector that attaches to the DEF injector on the DPF got melted when it flopped over the the jumper pipe. Now I can’t run the DPF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
What does the heater come with? I have not payes much attention, but my plastic def line connector that attaches to the DEF injector on the DPF got melted when it flopped over the the jumper pipe. Now I can’t run the DPF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The OEM Bosch heater I bought came with the heater, 3 replacement gaskets, 1/2 doz. replacement special zip ties that clip to the lock ring , and 3 new bolts to reattach the control module to the top of the heater/tank.

The line didn't come with it, but here's the product number if you want to order it: BC3Z5J249V

And here's a link to the part on the Ford parts website:

DEF Injector Line parts.ford.com

Hope this helps

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,909 Posts
1400 miles this weekend. Avg a little over 16 mpgs. Considering my speeds and the traffic i hit, not too shabby.

PSG sent revised tunes for me. Havent had a chance to install them.

·
Super Moderator
5,979 Posts
Had to drop it off with Ford for the CCV TSB, kept getting a check engine light (P04DB).

Reactions: ryan.aimar80

·
Loud Exhaust Aficionado
290 Posts
Installed the -2.6 caster shims and adjusted my lower 4 link arms for more caster angle.

4601 - 4610 of 4610 Posts