Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

4581 - 4600 of 4610 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Biggest thing is the improved throttle response and slightly faster spool time. It’s winter so there aren’t going to be any significant gains to be had on intake temperatures right now, but summer time you should see some improvements which translate to more power/crisper throttle. They (No Limit) claim 1mpg better, I haven’t had mine installed long enough to say for sure but I did seem to get slightly better mileage on a recent 200mi trip. I wouldn’t say that’s enough to call it “confirmed” though. The last benefit is that it gets rid of the factory IC failure issue. As far as “payback”, it will never pay itself off. It just makes the truck nicer to drive and you cut your odds on an intercooler failure. It’s basically like adding toppings to a pizza. Pizza is good plain, but it can be made more fun with a few toppings.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,909 Posts
I was just wondering how to base your 'faster spool time'. My 16 spools (part throttle) like its got a bad knee. I test drove an 11 or 12 and that turbo spools wayyyy faster than the one in my 16.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It would help in your case as well. The cooler has 1.5-2psi less pressure drop than the factory unit (less resistance to flow). Now, it’s not going to be a huge difference, maybe 200rpm, but along with the improved throttle response it’s noticeable. You would also notice better performance in summer due to the larger core/better cooling as that helps the turbo feel less laggy.

·
Premium Member
11,057 Posts
What did I do?? Well it was the GOD awful squealing that was emitting from somewhere in the front all of a sudden. HORRIBLE contact noise....metal sounding. Great. WTH. Pull off onto the HWY shoulder. Wait....the noise stopped. hmmmmmm....Start to pull off again. GOD awful noise again. WTF?!? Okay. Thinking....Bang on the brake shield a tad....nothing sounds fine, try the other side. Same thing. Try to pull off again.....GOD awful noise. WTF?....Slowly pull forward....yep. SOB.....

Drag out the shop blanket, slide under the truck, pry on the lip of the brake shield JUST a tad more.....Out drops this eraser sized (if that) rock chip. SOB, MF'r....lots of other names. Get back in, slow pull off, No noise! LMAO Stupid rock chip caught between the rotor and shield.....Thanks!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Labeled the up fitters and control panel
20210310_153048.jpg
20210227_163635.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
New tunes. So far so good!
What tunes did you go with?
So far I only have tunes from Tyrant and the place I bought my SCT GTX from, I think Texas Diesel Performance, or something like that. Corey (C&C Fab) said he had a tune writer I would really like, but I haven’t taken time to order tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,909 Posts
What tunes did you go with?
So far I only have tunes from Tyrant and the place I bought my SCT GTX from, I think Texas Diesel Performance, or something like that. Corey (C&C Fab) said he had a tune writer I would really like, but I haven’t taken time to order tunes.

I went with coreys guy (its through his website). I got the 3 pack but have only ran the level 2 and i dont have a complaint yet. Only 100 miles or so, though.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
I went with coreys guy (its through his website). I got the 3 pack but have only ran the level 2 and i dont have a complaint yet. Only 100 miles or so, though.
Awesome! I will await the test results! How much was the three pack? Tyrant was crazy high. About $300 for the unlimited tow tune, and I had to give my Nevada address to get a tune emailed to me in CA........from a tune writer in CA.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,909 Posts
I think it was 250 for A tune and 450 for a 3 pack. 250 seems to be the reasonable price (last tune was 250 as well).

Reactions: backhoebill

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,909 Posts
Used hot shots last oil change and got the typewriter tick. Didnt with archoil :/

First complaint for PSG tuning: exhaust brake doesnt work unless tow haul is on. Dangit.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Used hot shots last oil change and got the typewriter tick. Didnt with archoil :/

First complaint for PSG tuning: exhaust brake doesnt work unless tow haul is on. Dangit.
I wonder if they would adjust that for you.

·
Registered
2016 F250 Lariat FX4 - Carli 2.5" Backcountry
44 Posts
Fixed leak at coolant bridge, full egr upgrade and Pusher coolant reroute.

Fixed my buds S&B tank leak.

·
Premium Member
11,057 Posts
More driving....LOL....picked up a load of plants for the spring time "yard of the century" build....LMAO

4581 - 4600 of 4610 Posts