Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

4441 - 4460 of 4469 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Train horns. For safety ya know? When Prius driving slow-pokes want to get on the freeway at 40mph and I am running around 39,000 lbs and 54’ long, train horns seem like the solution. Now I can wake them before it becomes a problem. I went with WOLO polar express horns. WOW! Are they loud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Replaced the valance deflector on my 2016 F350 4WD DWR. The original owner decided to cut all but the center part between the frame rails away for a snow plow I'm guessing. So now it has a full length mustache instead of just a nose patch, lol.
Now will see if it improves the mpg at all....

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've heard that removing that 'mustache' affects the mileage, but it would seem to me if you remove something that hangs down in the front, it would improve the mileage, not reduce it. But what do I know. It must be there for something. :grin:

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I've heard that removing that 'mustache' affects the mileage, but it would seem to me if you remove something that hangs down in the front, it would improve the mileage, not reduce it. But what do I know. It must be there for something. :grin:
It is all about reducing/deflecting air turbulence under a vehicle. Turbulent air flowing under a vehicle is a drag and causes it to work harder to move forward. It is why every vehicle manufactured these days has some sort front lower valance deflector. Also why you see those side valances under a lot of semi box trailers on the road these days. In a sports car it also improves handling as it helps to create more aerodynamic down force on the front of the car just like in NASCAR.

Now I'm not expecting huge mpg gains but will be interested to see how it effects my truck.

·
Registered
258 Posts
broken splitter

It is all about reducing/deflecting air turbulence under a vehicle. Turbulent air flowing under a vehicle is a drag and causes it to work harder to move forward. It is why every vehicle manufactured these days has some sort front lower valance deflector. Also why you see those side valances under a lot of semi box trailers on the road these days. In a sports car it also improves handling as it helps to create more aerodynamic down force on the front of the car just like in NASCAR.

Now I'm not expecting huge mpg gains but will be interested to see how it effects my truck.
I would bet that the MPG difference simply wouldn't be noticed unless the driving was primarily highway and very routine. Day to day driving or city driving just wouldn't make a big difference but I do agree there will be a difference, just not really noticeable.

I mostly say this because mine is broken and I want an excuse to tear it off completely..... LOL

·
Registered
258 Posts
Replaced the valance deflector on my 2016 F350 4WD DWR. The original owner decided to cut all but the center part between the frame rails away for a snow plow I'm guessing. So now it has a full length mustache instead of just a nose patch, lol.
So your truck had a Goatee and now you let the beard grow out? LOL>:)

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I would bet that the MPG difference simply wouldn't be noticed unless the driving was primarily highway and very routine. Day to day driving or city driving just wouldn't make a big difference but I do agree there will be a difference, just not really noticeable.

I mostly say this because mine is broken and I want an excuse to tear it off completely..... LOL

I agree that won’t see any noticeable mpg difference in city or heavy mixed driving. I would think should see some amount of mpg improvement in longer amounts of highway driving. We will see....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Had a running light out. One of the turn signals. I had to take the front grill off and the front bullbar to get access to it. I’ll put up pics but I’m posting from my iPad. Will post pics later. Seems like a lot of work....

Well I need to get that bull bar we powder coated anyway LOL

·
Registered
258 Posts
Here are the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bought a 2015 F-350 lariat truck last week. 41k miles, super clean zero rust missing a few stock parts that came in the bed. Every option but what came on the fx4 package. Over the weekend I downloaded forscan added the hill decent function, turned on bambi mode and changed the turn signal bump from 3 to 5 flashes. Saturday it got an oil change with t6 and new fuel filters. Sunday was a full detail with what I believe was the trucks first clay bar ever and installed a soft roll up tonneau cover. Tonight I removed the 4x4 graphics from the bedside. I am in love with this truck and can't believe how much all around better it is than my two previous 7.3 trucks. Only current additional plans are to get rid of the painted mirrors for some factory full power mirrors.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
How did you get rid of the 4x4 stickers on the bed?
Just warmed them up a little bit with a heat gun on low and started in the corner slowly peeling then up. Took maybe 15 minutes. It didn't leave hardly any adhesive residue behind. I followed that with a quick clay bar and a coat of seal and shine. Wanted to add this picture to the previous post but I reached the attachment limit. I think it really changes the truck up

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
@ 99turbo4x4: Did you install the Hill Descent button on the dash as well??
I did, part number sw6777. $22 shipped from rock auto. Swaps out in about 5 minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
@ 99turbo4xwull you post or PM the codes or the process to add Hill decent via Forscan? I’m going to buy the switch now.
Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
4441 - 4460 of 4469 Posts