Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

3881 - 3900 of 4472 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Installed Sync3 in place of Sync2.

Swapped AFE muffler for 40 inch Donaldson.

Cale

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Still working on the body damage, these tan bumpers are stupid expensive! Looks like I'll be doing another steel bumper like I did on the '06 but I just straightened it out a little so it doesn't bug me too much. I think I'm going to a PDR shop tomorrow to get a quote on fixing the bed and hoping that isn't too expensive.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Still working on the body damage, these tan bumpers are stupid expensive! Looks like I'll be doing another steel bumper like I did on the '06 but I just straightened it out a little so it doesn't bug me too much. I think I'm going to a PDR shop tomorrow to get a quote on fixing the bed and hoping that isn't too expensive.

Truck you parts has painted take-offs for $500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Truck you parts has painted take-offs for $500

Cool website! I didn't find any 2011-16 bumpers though, only '05 bumpers for $500.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Cool website! I didn't find any 2011-16 bumpers though, only '05 bumpers for $500.

Found this on their Facebook page

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Bumper came in!

I just couldn't spend $500 plus another couple hundred in shipping for a used bumper when I got this one for $950 shipped to my door.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Bumper came in!

I just couldn't spend $500 plus another couple hundred in shipping for a used bumper when I got this one for $950 shipped to my door.

It might be the beer but your OEM bumper looked perfect. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Stock bumper was missing the air dam and the center was caved in along with a few scuffs. Honestly it's good enough to run on the truck but I have a similar one to this on my '06 and I just like having the extra protection so having the damaged bumper was an incentive for me to get a new one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, just more boring old routine maintenance for me. Got the fuel filter set in from Amazon.ca and discovered shipping damage so I returned them. Amazon sent a new set in a proper box with protective bubble wrap and they arrived undamaged. Got the installation done okay and only spilled a few drops of diesel juice. Fired her up and backed out of the garage only to have my bride come smokin' outta the house to tell me the truck was leaking profusely, about the same time that the Low Fuel Pressure light came up on the info. display. Shut her down and sure enough the fuel line from the under hood fuel filter had popped off. My fault for not paying close enough attention and allowing myself to be distracted by the cold and my freezing hands. I put the line back on and drove right to the car wash to wash down the engine bay, motor and under the hood. Sheesh, whatta mess!

Also noted that one of the plastic "fingers" in the bottom of the frame rail filter housing that hold the filter in place had broken off and was laying in the bottom of the housing. Man, they sure build those housings in a fragile (read CHEAP) design. Is one broken finger missing in there going to be a problem? Should I order a new housing?

Cheers and Thanks!

Mike

·
HiTechRedneck
121 Posts
Just got back from 4Wheel Parts getting new shoes for the Beast. Toyo 35 X 13.5 20's on 20 X 12 wheels. Previous Toyo AT's were only 12.5 wide and really a bit narrow for the wheels (rims for you sprouts out there! LOL) AT's were working fine but when you get into the muddy stuff they just ball up and act like slicks! Did not want all the noise from MT's so I compromised with the R/T's.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Just got back from 4Wheel Parts getting new shoes for the Beast. Toyo 35 X 13.5 20's on 20 X 12 wheels. Previous Toyo AT's were only 12.5 wide and really a bit narrow for the wheels (rims for you sprouts out there! LOL) AT's were working fine but when you get into the muddy stuff they just ball up and act like slicks! Did not want all the noise from MT's so I compromised with the R/T's.

How’s the noise compared to the ATs?

·
HiTechRedneck
121 Posts
I would say noise difference is negligible so far.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Well, just more boring old routine maintenance for me. Got the fuel filter set in from Amazon.ca and discovered shipping damage so I returned them. Amazon sent a new set in a proper box with protective bubble wrap and they arrived undamaged. Got the installation done okay and only spilled a few drops of diesel juice. Fired her up and backed out of the garage only to have my bride come smokin' outta the house to tell me the truck was leaking profusely, about the same time that the Low Fuel Pressure light came up on the info. display. Shut her down and sure enough the fuel line from the under hood fuel filter had popped off. My fault for not paying close enough attention and allowing myself to be distracted by the cold and my freezing hands. I put the line back on and drove right to the car wash to wash down the engine bay, motor and under the hood. Sheesh, whatta mess!

Also noted that one of the plastic "fingers" in the bottom of the frame rail filter housing that hold the filter in place had broken off and was laying in the bottom of the housing. Man, they sure build those housings in a fragile (read CHEAP) design. Is one broken finger missing in there going to be a problem? Should I order a new housing?

Cheers and Thanks!

Mike

It is up to you, but my filter housing just floats around with only the fuel lines holding it in position. It was like that when I bought it. It probably bounces around, but has never posed a problem

·
Registered
246 Posts
Knocked out an oil change Friday morning and then put 1000 on the truck driving to the deer lease. Truck is running good!

·
Registered
65 Posts
It is up to you, but my filter housing just floats around with only the fuel lines holding it in position. It was like that when I bought it. It probably bounces around, but has never posed a problem

Hi backhoebill! Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I'm sure that replacing the fuel filter housing would be ridiculously expensive, especially from Momma FORD! :surprise::surprise:

Cheers!

Mike

3881 - 3900 of 4472 Posts