Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

3601 - 3620 of 4486 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just something simple finally got the windows tinted. How they look around dusk and direct sunlight

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
I decided tonight that straight doors are over rated and wanted to customize the side of the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
I decided tonight that straight doors are over rated and wanted to customize the side of the truck.

What happened?
Deer ran into me. I was doing about 45 mph. It hit on the driver side door and bounced down the rear door, bedside then under the tire. It laid in the road for awhile kicking. I pulled it off to the side of the road and let it lay there, damn thing stood up 20 minutes later and walked away into the bush. Didn’t even get venison.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Another view. Going to talk to the body guy after work.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just something simple finally got the windows tinted. How they look around dusk and direct sunlight
When you take your seatbelt off be careful not to throw the buckle into the tint. I developed a couple small tears in mine. Then one day I realized what they were from. 🙈
Luckily my seatbelt and the recoil mechanism are a little dirty and need to be cleaned. It just drops wherever I let go and stays like that unless I help it get started haha

·
Registered
279 Posts
Deer ran into me. I was doing about 45 mph. It hit on the driver side door and bounced down the rear door, bedside then under the tire. It laid in the road for awhile kicking. I pulled it off to the side of the road and let it lay there, damn thing stood up 20 minutes later and walked away into the bush. Didn’t even get venison.

Should have "put it out of its misery". Which is how we here in Florida do it. .45 to the biscuit and the meat is yours or, you can donate it to the homeless. Friggin deer hits my vehicle, has happened twice, it gets eaten by our homeless population. I'm lucky enough to buy Ribeyes every week. They aren't.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Should have "put it out of its misery". Which is how we here in Florida do it. .45 to the biscuit and the meat is yours or, you can donate it to the homeless. Friggin deer hits my vehicle, has happened twice, it gets eaten by our homeless population. I'm lucky enough to buy Ribeyes every week. They aren't.
Unfortunately I was coming from baseball and didn't have a weapon on me. Well none other than a sawzall. I was waiting for a buddy to come give it the .22 injection when it got up and limped off. I lost it in the darkness. When I worked for the municipality and we had a fresh deer that was hit we had a couple co-workers that would take them and make jerky and pepperettes for break/lunches with them, or they would have a list of hunters that we would call. Unfortunately here they can't serve it to homeless or needy families because of it being free range and they consider it a health risk(which I personally think is bulls***t). If they were bad off we would throw them in a 450 dump and feed them to the tigers at the local zoo.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I love that look I just wish it was legal here in Maine. I had 20% fronts on my last truck and got pulled over 3 times.
*knocking on wood while typing this*

It's not legal here in Wisconsin either, but I haven't been stopped yet(only been on for a week).

Could be using wrong terminology here but I believe in Wisconsin and Minnesota where I do most of my driving it's not a moving violation, so technically they can't pull me over for that. I know all it would take though is one LEO to not like tint though and stop me and say I was doing 1 mph over speed limit and then nail me for it. But, once it's on the truck it stays on the truck haha

·
Registered
365 Posts

It's not legal here in Wisconsin either, but I haven't been stopped yet(only been on for a week).

Could be using wrong terminology here but I believe in Wisconsin and Minnesota where I do most of my driving it's not a moving violation, so technically they can't pull me over for that. I know all it would take though is one LEO to not like tint though and stop me and say I was doing 1 mph over speed limit and then nail me for it. But, once it's on the truck it stays on the truck haha
I live in WI too and have had mine tinted for 3 years now (also knocking on wood). Never been pulled over and I have driven from WI to CA 3 times with it. It really helps with keeping the heat out in the summer too. Driving in Nevada we had outside temps of 119* and inside air set at 69 an the A/C was not even working that hard to hold it.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts

I live in WI too and have had mine tinted for 3 years now (also knocking on wood). Never been pulled over and I have driven from WI to CA 3 times with it. It really helps with keeping the heat out in the summer too. Driving in Nevada we had outside temps of 119* and inside air set at 69 an the A/C was not even working that hard to hold it.

I don't think that it helped that I had a black truck, it makes it look worse. The ticked was only $135 I think I could have pulled it off an contested it but, nah. Other two times I got warnings saying if they saw me with it again I would get a ticket.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nothing too exciting today - oil change 5W-40SB CJ-4 and FOMOCO oil filter. Opened the pet$%^& to check for water and no signs of water or debris. Installed a new fire extinguisher to replace the one that I accidentally emptied into the rear passenger side of the truck. I tried to get the emptied one recharged and found, not to my surprise, that the cost to recharge was more than the cost of a new one. Go figure. I also crawled around under the truck for quite a while checking for any warning signs of stuff needing repair or replacement. It amazes me how badly these things rust up here in Canada. Yee haw! summer is finally here. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Eight weeks of crappy snow skiing and then BAM! Back to winter! OK maybe it's not quite that bad. Close though!

Cheers!

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,121 Posts
I replaced upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends, track bar and accompanying ball joint. It should be worthy of an alignment now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3601 - 3620 of 4486 Posts