Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2601 - 2620 of 4470 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
So I finally got this done today!!!!

16' F250 6.7 CCSB
Nice, I was about to tackle that yesterday after installing the EGR plates, but had other family obligations to attend. Busy again today, so doubt there will be enough daylight upon my return home to get at it, but we'll see. Looks good!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Removed wheel weights and replaced with Ceramic Compound Tire Balance Beads. I have been running these for years in my other trucks and RVs. Love the tire wear results and never haven to worry about balancing the tires.

·
Blessed
660 Posts
Removed wheel weights and replaced with Ceramic Compound Tire Balance Beads. I have been running these for years in my other trucks and RVs. Love the tire wear results and never haven to worry about balancing the tires.
Interesting as I am dealing with some balance issues at the moment. Where does one acquire these Ceramic Compound Beads as I'm almost certain that my tire place has never heard of such?

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
I found the beads on Amazon. In reading the reviews it appears that people have an issue with them when they hit a decent bump. They go all over the place and it takes a bit of shaking for them to go back into balance.
I use Centramatic balancers on my older truck with great success. This system is mainly used on 18 wheelers, but they do make them for our trucks. It is an aluminum disk with lug bolt holes, and a ring that holds metal beads in a thick oil. Hitting bumps doesn't change them. They just bolt on behind the wheels. They will correct up to 6 oz. of out of balance weight. I've owned them for 15 years now and I can say that the company has a great service dept. The first set leaked some oil and they sent me replacements "no questions asked". With that exception, they've been dependable and in 15 years I've never had a tire out of balance.

http://www.centramatic.com/wheel-balance.rhtml?type=Light-Duty

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've never had good luck with balancing beads. First time they put 6oz in, didn't do a damn thing. Made the vibrations worse actually! Ended up putting stick on weights back on cause they couldn't figure out the problem.

On the second set of wheels and tires I tried them again, this time like 10 or 12 oz. Still awful, ended up bi***ing the service manager out for recommending them to me AGAIN and then him not covering the charge to take them back out and rebalance them with regular stick ons.

Won't be back there ever again and won't ever use beads again. Their issue is they cannot balance side to side in a wide tire (12.5 and above) and at slower speeds they don't distribute correctly.

·
Administrator
21,478 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
I run these on my 06, I cant say they are magical but for oversized tires they seem to help.
I'm running stock 20's on my 2002. The Centramatics worked well for the stock sizes on my truck over the years. One of my trucks had 315's. It shook due to the tires being out of round, balancing can't help that. The only way I found to stop that kind of shaking was an orange sign in the window. I stick to stock tires now.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Replaced sway bar end links and front ABS sensors and added some Bilstein shocks all around

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm running stock 20's on my 2002. The Centramatics worked well for the stock sizes on my truck over the years. One of my trucks had 315's. It shook due to the tires being out of round, balancing can't help that. The only way I found to stop that kind of shaking was an orange sign in the window. I stick to stock tires now.

A new zip code can solve a multitude of problems. I put three front wheel bearings on my daughters car in 20K miles. A new zip fixed it right up. Downside is that my little sister wanted the car, problems and all. "Her husband can fix anything" So I sold it to her for bottom dollar. Three more wheel bearings later it got a new zip code again. I tried to tell her.......................

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tire-Balance-Beads

Interesting as I am dealing with some balance issues at the moment. Where does one acquire these Ceramic Compound Beads as I'm almost certain that my tire place has never heard of such?
I have been buying from this ebay seller (aafs172) for years. Always a great product and he always gives a little extra.

·
Blessed
660 Posts
Can't see to find my filament from the Centramatic site. I'm also wondering if they are visible as my wheel itself is pretty open (I say this based on the pics from the Centramatic site).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Was able to get my MPC remote start installed today. Only took about 30 minutes. So happy to not be going outside to start the truck now with my wife sitting in the chair and pushing her buttons.

16' F250 6.7 CCSB

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can't see to find my filament from the Centramatic site. I'm also wondering if they are visible as my wheel itself is pretty open (I say this based on the pics from the Centramatic site).
His web page checkeredflag tirebalancebeads.com

I suck and do not have enough post so I cannot post a link. I have been buying from his ebay store.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Was able to get my MPC remote start installed today. Only took about 30 minutes. So happy to not be going outside to start the truck now with my wife sitting in the chair and pushing her buttons.

16' F250 6.7 CCSB
Does this remote start have a start delay after activating on the fob?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does this remote start have a start delay after activating on the fob?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yes it does. There is like a 7 second delay. It's been in the teens in the morning here and I watched the glow light go out before it started the truck.

16' F250 6.7 CCSB

2601 - 2620 of 4470 Posts