Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What did you do to your 6.0 today?

4941377 Views 65451 Replies 1662 Participants Last post by  RMTZ07PS
Seems Im always doing some sort of project to my 6.0. Post what you have done to make your 6.0 better. Also post any pics if you got them!!
:icon_ford:
Reactions: 2
65261 - 65280 of 65452 Posts
Thank you, sir. I have already begun to give this a read.
Put new wheel hub on passenger side. Finally a day with no rain and I could get it done.

Edit also made big pot of grouse noodle soup while doing truck repairs

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Reactions: 4
Filled up with fuel - only $118 for 29.5 gallons!! $4.79 / gallon and with $.80 / gallon fuel points, I paid Just under $4 / gallon! Filled up the van as well. Both filled for under $200!!! I feel like I won the lottery :D LOL

-jokester
Reactions: 5
:look: I finally figured out that I need a clockspring for it
:look: I finally figured out that I need a clockspring for it
Well, look who's back 😁 How's life treating ya?

-jokester
It's uh.......been a wild ride... with a lot to think about and figure out along the way, all the while trying to make sure I don't miss out on too many memories while wading through the fray.
I did the door seal mod on my drivers door and it made a world of difference. In fact I can now hear a rattle coming from somewhere around the dashboard passenger side. Go figure.
It's uh.......been a wild ride... with a lot to think about and figure out along the way, all the while trying to make sure I don't miss out on too many memories while wading through the fray.
Well, it's good to hear from ya!

-jokester
Took the red one to a tire shop to get slow leak on a tire repaired - same shop tires bought at so a free repair

I did the door seal mod on my drivers door and it made a world of difference. In fact I can now hear a rattle coming from somewhere around the dashboard passenger side. Go figure.
I need to do this to the Phoenix.....silicone spray still the best lube for this? And what size tubing? Thanks😁
I need to do this to the Phoenix.....silicone spray still the best lube for this? And what size tubing? Thanks😁
I used silicon sprayed into the weep holes with a cheap wire snake and 3/8” OD 1/4” ID silicon tubing.
Reactions: 3
I used silicon sprayed into the weep holes with a cheap wire snake and 3/8” OD 1/4” ID silicon tubing.
I was wondering what the mod was - now I'm understanding it. Gonna try tis on the Ex rear hatch seal - it leaks occasionally.

Reactions: 1
Because of the cold weather and my lack of ability (mostly my lack of ability), I finally put my truck in the shop. I got a call today and to my surprise the manager told me my truck was ready. He said they weren't getting adequate fuel pressure to the engine so they went through the fuel system from the tank to the engine and back and cleaned out some "slush", primed the fuel system and the truck fired right up. I know have a running truck but now I'm starting to wonder if I need to more selective about where I get fuel from and wondering if I need to use a fuel system cleaner for diesel. I want to prevent this from happening again. Am I thinking in the right direction?
You need to add an anti-gel additive to the fuel when it gets cold.
You need to add an anti-gel additive to the fuel when it gets cold.
How cold I'd that?
If temps are going to get near or below freezing, I'd add it. Cheap insurance..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I believe the true value is close to 10ºƒ, but most anti-gel suppliers, and some people, say 32ºƒ. And it depends if you have a "winter blend" in your tank.

Here at the Jersey Shore, it's pretty rare to go that low. Although one winter, I had to send one of our test trucks out to Jennerstown, PA for some runs, the damn thing gelled up repeatedly.
Winter before last the temp hit 11 degrees and I had no issue starting up, but this winter we hit 8 below for a few days and that's when the issue started.
Kind of answers the question .....
Reactions: 3
I’ve been using opti lube winter mix since winter started. I don’t add it according to the current temperature, I add it because I have no idea what the temperature will be in a week or two or I might have to drive somewhere where the temperature is much different than where I live. That drive can be as little as a few miles since we get a temperature inversion here where it can be as much as a -20 degree difference between here and in the hills. Fairbanks is warmer in the hills in the winter, here it’s the opposite of that.
65261 - 65280 of 65452 Posts