Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
64321 - 64340 of 64407 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
Funny!!(NOT)
When I lives in Idaho, but worked in Washington, everyone I worked with referred to Washington as Wash-a-fornia, because they “tried desperately to beat California in making new, stupid laws”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup...our governor and Washington's governor basically do whatever Newsom does.

-jokester

·
Registered
2003 F350 ECSB
42 Posts
Putting a new ford injector in. FICM is good, I didn’t suspect it anyways, didn’t have any symptoms of going out.
still need to check my fuel pressure, but I have a guage coming in a few days to install.
pretty certain this is just an injector coil failure.

Reactions: TwinExcursions

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
Yup...our governor and Washington's governor basically do whatever Newsom does.

-jokester
Which is why when we started looking for a house we slipped across the border into Idaho

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dropped in a set of 155/30's, replaced all the seals on the stand pipes while I had the hpo rails off and did an oil change. Now just waiting for tune revisions to come in so I can drive it and work the air out of the system.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Fired up the old farm 6.0 yesterday since my DEF heater gave up on the 6.7 and just don't have time to address that yet. Man I miss that rumble and growl. Also the farm truck has the zf6 and is our last manual besides the big rig. Original all stock 06 F350 with 194XXX miles. New injectors about 1k miles ago, new turbo about 500 miles ago. I love that truck

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Not on mine but the wife's Ex. Cleaned battery terminals and changed coolant bypass filter. Also checked all fluid levels. Filter material/inside filter didn't look that bad.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2005 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab FX4
561 Posts
So a few days ago I mention I replaced the brakes on the front. New calipers and rotors. Just throwing my pic up from that day.

Got my new FICM in from FICMRepair.com. Decided I would also take care of cleaning my air filter while I was doing this. Noticed my filter minder was missing. Upon closer inspection I saw why it was missing. Man that could have been bad if that would have got sucked up in the turbo!

Also threw in a new FICM relay for peace of mind. I'm sure the old one was original and I'm over 200K miles so probably not a bad idea. I got the Ultra FICM from them with lifetime warranty and Atlas 40 tune and man....I gotta say, this this thing is nice on top of my already existing tunes. Like most people have previously stated, you feel it most when you're rolling into the throttle. Off the line seems a little quicker and more eager. Waiting to see how my fuel mileage stacks up to previous. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the damage of my old FICM and already sent it back in as a core return.

Out with the old....

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
650 Posts
Hauled a 6.7 to a friend's house for him to replace both NOx sensors.

Have a tuner on the ECM, FICM was on economy, and attempted to keep boost below 15, but it got up to 20 at times.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
Hauled a 6.7 to a friend's house for him to replace both NOx sensors.

Have a tuner on the ECM, FICM was on economy, and attempted to keep boost below 15, but it got up to 20 at times.
Why did you attempt to keep boost below 15? If it wants to boost, let it eat!

-jokester

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
650 Posts
Why did you attempt to keep boost below 15? If it wants to boost, let it eat!

-jokester
My buddy Wayne advised me to. I figured it was to keep exhaust and trans temps down..

I figured if it was because of the tune then I should have returned it to stock and then let her rip.

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
My buddy Wayne advised me to. I figured it was to keep exhaust and trans temps down..

I figured if it was because of the tune then I should have returned it to stock and then let her rip.
As long as you are monitoring EGT'S and the rest of the particulars, i'd let the truck do what it wants...within reason of course. Why hold back power 😁

-jokester

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
As long as you are monitoring EGT'S and the rest of the particulars, i'd let the truck do what it wants...within reason of course. Why hold back power 😁

-jokester
I guess I should install an EGT gauge then..

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
I guess I should install an EGT gauge then..
Yessir...if you're gonna be hauling loads you should! And a fuel pressure sensor if you don't have one.

-jokester

·
Premium Member
2005 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab FX4
561 Posts
Haven't installed it yet, but I ordered the Leece Neville 230 amp Alternator and the 6.0 wiring kit from XDP. With my military discount, I was right at $600 out the door (which is a slamming good deal IMO). This really wasn't a necessity but I figured I might as well go all out on the electrical system since I just installed the new FICM. The battery cable kit looks identical to the one sold by Custom Battery Cables (and just rebranded by XDP). Will have some pics soon. As much as I appreciated Ed at FICMRepair.com and all their helpfulness, The prices on the same alternator and their custom battery cable kit would have cost me a couple extra hundred bucks. Plus their cable kit is a little more "extra" then what I wanted on mine.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Not mine the wife's again.

New BF Goodrich KO2's on all 4 corners.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Treehick
64321 - 64340 of 64407 Posts