·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Finally changed the fuel filters. That was a long time comin’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Drove mine all weekend. Went to the lake for the weekend. Of course the front driver side caliper locked up, so that needs replaced.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Raybestos from Rock Auto. Brand new not rebuilt. Good price, no core charge. Best of all not rebuilt.

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
602 Posts
Raybestos from Rock Auto. Brand new not rebuilt. Good price, no core charge. Best of all not rebuilt.
I'd typically agree, but mine squeak bad. :-(. Maybe I just got a bad set of pads..

·
Registered
160 Posts
My truck (2006 F-350) has had a vibration on takeoff and loose steering since I got the truck. After working a lot of hours for a lot of days, I got some time to get under it and search for the problem. I found a worn ball joint on my track bar and the carrier bushing was shot to all hell. For some time, I thought the play in the steering was the steering box going bad, but the new bushing and ball joint on the track bar have tightened it up considerably, and the new carrier bearing fixed the vibration on take-off.

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
First place I looked. They had powerstop pads and rotors for loke $150ish? Plus calipers for about $90. Then might as well replace the brake line from the caliper to the block.

Powerstop calipers are rebuilt. Granted I have no experience with them, just their pads & rotors. I just had terrible luck with auto parts store rebuilt calipers. When I found new ones they went to all 4 corners of both trucks. So far so good. And yes new hoses and fluid is a good idea. The vacuum bleeder from HF does a good job if you put a dab of thread sealant on the bleeder fittings so it doesn't suck air thru the threads. One man job.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Powerstop calipers are rebuilt. Granted I have no experience with them, just their pads & rotors. I just had terrible luck with auto parts store rebuilt calipers. When I found new ones they went to all 4 corners of both trucks. So far so good. And yes new hoses and fluid is a good idea. The vacuum bleeder from HF does a good job if you put a dab of thread sealant on the bleeder fittings so it doesn't suck air thru the threads. One man job.
I wasn't going to get carried away and flush the brake fluid. . Probably should because lets be honest truck prices are crazy right now so getting a new one right now is unlikely.

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
I wasn't going to get carried away and flush the brake fluid. . Probably should because lets be honest truck prices are crazy right now so getting a new one right now is unlikely.

Regular maintenance that's often neglected

Reactions: TwinExcursions

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
Ah, yes...we all either HAVE been there or WILL be there at some point LOL

Don't worry though - it does get better. Well...I guess that depends on what's wrong 🤣

-jokester

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Ah, yes...we all either HAVE been there or WILL be there at some point LOL

Don't worry though - it does get better. Well...I guess that depends on what's wrong

-jokester
Could always be worst

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
903 Posts
I've had really good results with powerstop calipers. Enough that I have spares at home (and pads and rotors) for when required - bit of a challenge to get in Canada when I need so lost my cool and I kinda stocked up/hoarded on last order. Enough to do both Ex's all 4 corners.

Edited to have spare rotors as part of hoarding - basically full brale replacement for both Ex's

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
903 Posts

Recommended to flush brake fluid every 30k?, don't remember where this # came from but you can see a difference in color of fluid when you do it. As @SparkyF250 said regular part of maintenance. I also put Russel steel braided hoses and so far has made a difference in failure on calipers - stock hoses in my opinion fail and swell restricting flow and causing calipers to not fully release (based on my xp).

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
I've had really good results with powerstop calipers. Enough that I have spares at home (and pads and calipers) for when required - bit of a challenge to get in Canada when I need so lost my cool and I kinda stocked up/hoarded on last order. Enough to do both Ex's all 4 corners.

Like I told @6.7ferd I don't have any experience with Powerstop calipers, just their pads and rotors that I like pretty well so far. I just had bad luck with auto parts store rebuilds so when I found brand new calipers I went that route. I've had 3 powerstrokes and every one of them has had one or more calipers start dragging. That's why I flush the fluid occasionally too. The vacuum bleeder from HF works great if you put a little thread sealant on the bleeder threads. Truly a one man job.

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Treehick

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I'll have to look into replacing the fluid as well.
I may do this brake fluid. Only been 6 years, so not quite a decade yet.

64181 - 64200 of 64215 Posts