Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
64141 - 64160 of 64216 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
You have done really good with this truck since you purchased it - Lot of challenges that you won over.

You deserved the Kudos - appreciate the thanks but you definitely earned my precious comment.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
602 Posts
You have done really good with this truck since you purchased it - Lot of challenges that you won over.

You deserved the Kudos - appreciate the thanks but you definitely earned my precious comment.

I appreciate all the kudos from you and everyone that has helped me so much along the way!

I figure I have about $3k of work in the next 6-10 months that need to be done, but I've got a few ideas that I hope pan out to help make it more utilitarian. :D

It's definitely been a learning experience. The engine work has been the biggest curve. Still working and learning-definitely requires the most patience. My friend Wayne Vaught - local equipment mechanic - has been a life saver as well!

·
Registered
2006 F350, 6.0 Powerstroke
19 Posts
Finally got my law dog starter in today, cranks MUCH faster, and she fired right up after sitting for wayyy too long! I was elated to hear it purr after sitting for over a year... Next up is fuel filters and an oil change, coolant flush, and then the dreaded cab corners and rockers... But at least the ball is rolling now.

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
602 Posts
Got the truck running by using an aux pump and removing the filters, USB/aux plug installed, mic installed, and camera wire hooked up to radio. But didn't get the camera hole drilled or installed yet. Hopefully tomorrow I can remove the borrowed alternator from my truck and maybe replace the plug as well.

Vehicle Car Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Drove it to my buddy's shop to get a part for the Harley. This time of year I'd rather be on two wheels. Had him order me a new back tire to replace my rear slick so I can ride across Ohio to visit a good friend.

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
Still cant figure out my laggy performance issue, but talking to a shop owner down the road, he gave me a fan clutch to see if it is also on all the time, or if my new Ford clutch is wacky.
If anyone wants a 2004.5 F450, he is gonna send one out to scrap. He robbed the engine for another truck, and being that it is California, an F450, which is commercial, is no longer emissions legal if it is older than 2011. No motor, 2wd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 F350 6.0, egr delete, blue spring, afe intake
15 Posts
Still cant figure out my laggy performance issue, but talking to a shop owner down the road, he gave me a fan clutch to see if it is also on all the time, or if my new Ford clutch is wacky.
If anyone wants a 2004.5 F450, he is gonna send one out to scrap. He robbed the engine for another truck, and being that it is California, an F450, which is commercial, is no longer emissions legal if it is older than 2011. No motor, 2wd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once again, California shows it's true stupidity and utter ignorance in a clumsy attempt to limit pollution. Law makers kick the working man in the n*ts one more time. I can only imagine how many small companies were close to the "make it or break it" point over having to replace their equipment.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Agree with @nitrogen

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
I friggin' hate thieves!!!!!!! I sure hope you get your rig back and it's in good condition!

-jokester

Reactions: TwinExcursions

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Picked up a towable cherry picker and a 1950's Ford V8 flathead with transmission and pedals. :-D

Plant Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Vehicle Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Helmet Military camouflage Tire Wheel Wood Automotive tire Tree Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tree Road surface Asphalt

·
Registered
903 Posts

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
WOO HOO you got it home in one piece and got 2 new toys in the deal (cherry picker and flathead/tranny combo).

I sure did! Only spent $125 for the picker and $200 for the motor/trans/pedal!!

Worked out real well!

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
I made my wife drive it to work so I could take the grocery getter and go pick up the kiddos from grandma & grandpa's house. They've spent their last week before school hanging out with their cousin and swimming at G&G's.

-jokester

·
Registered
903 Posts
64141 - 64160 of 64216 Posts