Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
64021 - 64040 of 64084 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Check sensor, pitgail, and wiring for chaffing, cuts, bare wires, etc.

-jokester

Reactions: Shadowz Edge

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
Nothing much, started the 04 after it sitting for most of the year. Fired right up, went for a quick rip down the highway, then put it back in its spot. With work being like it is it will be fall before i start the tear down on it. It has given me time to buy more parts and change mind a bunch. Decided to just go ahead and get new rods and have it all balance. Figure since im going far enough to do pistons then why not. Be able to rev to the moon after its finished.

@backhoebill

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter, figuring out what else.
285 Posts
Not today, but a few days ago...

Interviewed my truck's new "doctor", and got her on the schedule for "surgery", which at the very least will include an oil cooler and head gaskets.

Had a nice chat, got a good feeling from the guy that confirmed the reviews I have read. He didn't talk down to me or over my head, and had clear direct answers to questions. The needle on my bullsh!t detector never moved.

Also he has experience dealing with extended warranties like the one that I am so glad I bought with the truck. It will probably pay for itself a few times over on this job alone.

·
Premium Member
11,849 Posts
Got the batteries charged up and installed. Base oil pressure is good but got this code ... View attachment 776196

Ordered a new sensor and should be here on Wednesday. 🤞
Clear the code and see if it comes back. I don't remember the exact code but there was one of the cam codes that would throw in a crank/no start situation regardless of the condition if the sensor.

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
562 Posts
Borrowed my sister and bil's camper for the weekend on Wednesday, decided to cancel camping on Thursday, returned camper this (Saturday) morning in Camby (they do rvshare).

Had a lot of mixed feelings about the camping, and that much more thankful for not going with the progress that did get done yesterday and today.

20210709_211858.jpg

·
Registered
747 Posts
Finally installed new ICP pigtail/sensor that had been sitting in tool box for 2 months. Went for good 45 minute drive after and all good. Last couple of days it was really acting up - revs going all over the map, almost stall out then zoom to 1500 rpm at an idle. On the highway/road would all of a sudden want to go into zoom mode. Kinda made me make the time to replace it as it was consistently causing issues.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter, figuring out what else.
285 Posts
Finally installed new ICP pigtail/sensor that had been sitting in tool box for 2 months. Went for good 45 minute drive after and all good. Last couple of days it was really acting up - revs going all over the map, almost stall out then zoom to 1500 rpm at an idle. On the highway/road would all of a sudden want to go into zoom mode. Kinda made me make the time to replace it as it was consistently causing issues.

Runaway diesel could be a bit too exciting, yes?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Runaway diesel could be a bit too exciting, yes?
Oh yeah lots of space between me and vehicle in front - especially at stop lights. Kinda an oh chit moment when it would surge.

Doesn't help I have a buck stop bumper so if I did hit them would do major damage to them.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Did some not so professional touch up work on where the paint was peeling off the bed of the truck.

Not the best pic, but you can see how the factory matched paint in the gray boxes no longer matches what is on the truck after 16 years. The lesson learned would be is if you're going to do it yourself to match a paint job, you will need to get it mixed locally for what it looks like now not the color directly from the factory.

Honestly, though for me, its good enough. The clear coat is peeling and there's a bunch of little 1/8" Knicks to the metal I still have to fix. There's dents I won't fix.

·
Registered
2006 F350, 6.0 Powerstroke
17 Posts
I reinstalled the intake, hot side cac tube/new RiffRaff boots, batteries, and tried to crank it once before I had to take off. Slowwwwwww crank, no start. Just one try. Gonna try again tomorrow, check FICM, glow plug harnesses, GPCM, etc. Have a new LawDog starter to install, oil, oil filter and fuel filters to change. Long ways to go!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Replaced the OEM HD motorcraft rear shocks with pro comp es3000 shocks. Probably reduced my load capacity slightly, but definitely made an improvement in the ride. Replacing the shocks on this f350 was one of the easiest jobs I've done on the truck. 20 minutes tops. View attachment 776394
Just curious... How would that reduce load capacity?

Might be a stupid question, but sometimes I'm that way. 😜

·
Registered
2005 F-350 XL 6.0
223 Posts
Just curious... How would that reduce load capacity?

Might be a stupid question, but sometimes I'm that way. 😜
Maybe it wouldn't. The motorcraft acted like load lifters when I removed them. They have a constant outward force. The pro comps are just normal shocks. I'm not a shock expert. Do the motorcraft have internal springs or are they just pressurized differently?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Maybe it wouldn't. The motorcraft acted like load lifters when I removed them. They have a constant outward force. The pro comps are just normal shocks. I'm not a shock expert. Do the motorcraft have internal springs or are they just pressurized differently?
The Motorcraft shocks are probably charged with gas under pressure causing them to extend when removed from the truck.

You can probably compress them by hand, which would indicate that their "lifting" ability is negligible in the context of the total load on the axle.

Why are shocks charged with gas? I'm guessing here - it might be to reduce formation of bubbles in the damping fluid in the shock.

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
562 Posts
Unless the shocks have springs attached, I doubt it messed with the load capacity of the truck. For lighter trucks I've used spring assisted shocks to help push the slouch out, but not necessarily to help with load.

I am interested in your thoughts of the es3000 shocks. I'm currently on some Bilstein 4600's and it's nice, but I wonder if I could've done better..

Reactions: TheLinconlGreen

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I attempted to weld the plate back onto my bed over my fuel lines but found that I had no oxygen in the tank that I bought new from Menards. So...that stunk.

Trimmed the excess bolt threads off my wood side brackets.

Changed out the OEM blinker with an LED blinker relay. Directions were way more complicated than needed to be- I just had to remove the pocket right in front of the relay block, remove the PO's carton of Malboro's, and replace the relay..

Also attempted to secure the LT center console with self-tappers but ended up using OEM bolts. I don't think I've grabbed anything, but the bolts are preventing it from sliding to/fro.

Can't remember if I posted - but I bought 2 new wheels from RockAuto and had them installed a week or two ago. Got rid of the imbalance at 65+mph. Rotated the tires a week before that and noticed severe vibration at higher speeds and didn't think there was any way it could be the bad injector.

Reactions: SparkyF250

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
Oil change, 15W40 T6, motorcraft oil & fuel filters. Looks like another round trip to western Kansas coming up. The extra kid we brought back last time isn't working out at all so she's going back with her horse and we're bringing Hannah's other horse back. Not sure why my wife invited her in the first place but I hope she likes driving. I'm staying here to care for dogs and horses so she gets to do the 2400 mile round trip.

64021 - 64040 of 64084 Posts