Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
64001 - 64020 of 64084 Posts

·
Registered
Iggy - 2006 F250 XL 6.0 AT 4x4 - 265k miles
37 Posts
Bought a used bumper locally for $150 and swapped it in to replace the "slightly" bent one I had on the truck when I bought the truck ...

Old

Replacement

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I’m on a roll. It only took me an hour and a half to change the fuel filters. :) I’m coming back
I've gotta do that too along with an oil change next week when we get home from vacation.

-jokester

·
Registered
4,565 Posts

·
Registered
04 F250 CCSB
81 Posts
Finally got some window tint today! Old tint was super bubbly and purple and probably 10-15 years old. $280 later and I can see out my windows!

Old vs. New-

·
Registered
2005 F-350 XL 6.0
223 Posts
Finally pulled my 19' larson to the lake. Truck did great. Boat not so great... The tow brake really helped on downhill stops. It seemed more of a nuisance on small hills. Maybe it's the canned tune, but I noticed that instead of dropping down a gear, the engine preferred to increase the boost when extra power was needed. Is this typical or is it most likely my tune?
As for the boat, I'm hoping it's in the cables for the mercruiser alpha one stern drive. Fine for the first couple of hours, then it would clatter and drop out under load. I would drop it to neutral and then it would be fine again for a short while then do it again. Fortunately it made it back on the trailer and home.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Maybe it's the canned tune, but I noticed that instead of dropping down a gear, the engine preferred to increase the boost when extra power was needed. Is this typical or is it most likely my tune?
Some tunes if you press the tow button on the shifter, causes the truck to downshift.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Maybe it's the canned tune, but I noticed that instead of dropping down a gear, the engine preferred to increase the boost when extra power was needed. Is this typical or is it most likely my tune?
Sounds pretty normal to me. My truck will do the same on an longer gradual uphill climb. If it's an abrupt steep hill, it will downshift, but not until then.

-jokester

·
Registered
37 Posts
Getting ready to do Iggy's first oil change since I've gotten him and ran across this mess of a deal from the Previous "Mechanic" that did work for the Previous Owner ... 😡😡😡

I will be starting another thread seeking assistance on this matter of helping me figure out what they screwed up doing this.

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
Getting ready to do Iggy's first oil change since I've gotten him and ran across this mess of a deal from the Previous "Mechanic" that did work for the Previous Owner ... 😡😡😡

View attachment 776131

I will be starting another thread seeking assistance on this matter of helping me figure out what they screwed up doing this.
Fairly common for people to use aftermarket filters. It's why everyone on here says OEM or Racor only

·
Registered
2005 F-350 XL 6.0
223 Posts

View attachment 776131

Most likely your oil was bypassing the short filter. As long as it's still running good it probably has not damaged anything. Yet..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Most likely your oil was bypassing the short filter. As long as it's still running good it probably has not damaged anything. Yet..
I hope nothing was messed up ... But I was told from the PO that after the PM changed the oil it developed a leak when I have experienced so I'm hoping the fix is minor at this point until I can track down the issue

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
I am so glad to see that they ran a taller cap to compensate for a filter that isn’t taller. (Insert sarcasm)
Some people just don’t pay attention. I have a tendency to compare each and every part with the old, on anything I work on.

@Flamed99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
I installed a 5" turbo back exhaust, and did not like the way the exhaust hung. The Turbo down pipe was touching the frame, so I used some exhaust strap to hang the pipes temporarily. I think the next step will be fabbing some exhaust hangers out of 3/8" rod that will fit correctly and welding those to the pipes and hanging them in the OEM brackets.

Of course, sitting here typing this up, I realized that the turbo down pipe came in two sections. Cutting one of those sections by one to two inches probably would give me the clearance I needed without hanging the exhaust strap.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Got the batteries charged up and installed. Base oil pressure is good but got this code ...

Ordered a new sensor and should be here on Wednesday. 🤞

64001 - 64020 of 64084 Posts