Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

63881 - 63900 of 63905 Posts

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
741 Posts
I got those Focals installed. Nice improvement over stock, that's for sure.

Reactions: TwinExcursions

·
Registered
601 Posts
Drove it 500+ miles for work. Got rock chip in Windshield, collected a ton of bugs, and got it dusty inside.

Hand car wash inside and out cleaned it up nice. Windshield gets patch tomorrow (all paid by company as well as my time).

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Treehick

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
741 Posts
I have a chip in my windshield I've been meaning to get repaired. A vehicle ahead of me threw a rock up in the air while I was merging onto the Interstate. Caught my attention, that's for sure!

If it were off to the side I wouldn't care (too much) but it's dead-****ing-center of my view while driving.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have a chip in my windshield I've been meaning to get repaired. A vehicle ahead of me threw a rock up in the air while I was merging onto the Interstate. Caught my attention, that's for sure!

If it were off to the side I wouldn't care (too much) but it's dead-****ing-center of my view while driving.
I fix the chips before they become cracks - cheaper in the long run and if you have a cracked windshield where I live it's ticket time

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Reactions: nine9six

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
436 Posts
Hauled bathroom remodel trash to my friend Wayne's burn pile.

Drove his 6.0 and pulled a 1/3rd full 5 ton dump trailer to my house, shovelled the dirt so it wasn't front loaded, and shovelled it at the maximum dump.

Wayne swapped out an exhaust push rod, replaced my ICP connector, repaired abs wiring, scanned the truck and found my differential balance to be 0 on 6 cylinders and 1% on 2 cylinders, and replaced my brake booster. I helped bleed them. Truck still runs rough but the truck sat for a long time so he wonders if it's injectors, flywheel, or it just needs to work REALLY hard and clean itself out.

Oh, and I, with his help with a crow bar, was able to open the passenger suicide door for the first time since I got the truck in 7/2020. I replaced the patches and cables and it now works. :)

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Finally changed the ball joint on the Trac bar. What a pita! Now to get the rebuilt turbo installed.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
Bring it on over and I'll do it for ya. 😉

-jokester

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Careful, I might just show up

I'll have you book an appointment with my receptionist. Seeing as I haven't hired a receptionist yet due to covid, and I don't actually own a business nor have a need for a receptionist, you're probably looking about a year out for an appointment... 🤣

-jokester

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Lose a part, print a new set. A/C vent sliders
Did you design the template yourself, or was this available online?

My daughter has one of the 3D printers, and I can see a use for that as my vehicles get older and little parts wear out that aren’t available elsewhere. I just can’t do an auto as drawing myself to create a template, or whatever the software is.

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
436 Posts
Finally changed the ball joint on the Trac bar. What a pita! Now to get the rebuilt turbo installed.

Not looking forward to changing it myself.

Or the steering gearbox..

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Installed a crane. :)
20210429_155625.jpg 20210429_155707.jpg

My buddy told me I need to install on-board air so I can have an air jack, haha. Not sure about that.

I think I will probably invest in a hand winch or cheapo 12v winch though.

Reactions: TwinExcursions

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Not looking forward to changing it myself.

Or the steering gearbox..
There is a trick to that particular ball joint. It's a pita, but the only way I could figure out how to get it pressed out

·
Premium Member
7,923 Posts
Cooling system maintenance. Back flushed oil cooler, lots of distilled to get rid of the filtered hose water, 3 1/2 gal ELC concentrate, new T-stat, new Hayden fan clutch and cleaned the coolant filter. Getting ready for a 2400 mile roundtrip pulling the new horse trailer. Also rotated and balanced the tires. Next I have to tackle the pesky up-pipe leak I never did get sealed right last time the turbo was out. After that I should be ready to go in 11 days

63881 - 63900 of 63905 Posts