Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

63841 - 63860 of 63882 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Slight pulsing on the brakes, no steering wheel feedback, rear pads were worn some so decided to go Z36 rotors and pads on the back. Levering out the caliper I think maybe the nub on the brake pad chipped the piston (didn't retract them with a pry bar far enough?). So new caliper on the first side. More careful levering back the caliper on the other side and got it off without damage, but jeez, louise, what a b****h to c-clamp the piston back in. Sure enough it was dragging so new caliber on that side too. Now to put a load on and try them on a hill.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Slight pulsing on the brakes, no steering wheel feedback, rear pads were worn some so decided to go Z36 rotors and pads on the back. Levering out the caliper I think maybe the nub on the brake pad chipped the piston (didn't retract them with a pry bar far enough?). So new caliper on the first side. More careful levering back the caliper on the other side and got it off without damage, but jeez, louise, what a b****h to c-clamp the piston back in. Sure enough it was dragging so new caliber on that side too. Now to put a load on and try them on a hill. View attachment 774076
Ehhh...just fill 'er up with some JBWeld and pitter patter :D!

-jokester

·
Registered
581 Posts
Got some wiring done inside the cab, my off road lights, blue wire and high idle all work again.

Here's a couple of pics of the green....

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
Awesome - now my wife going to hate me cause I like and want to do to mine (maybe different color)

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Treehick

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
That looks good. I planned on green on my 04 but my buddy beat me to it on his wife's dmax. Then was gonna go my favorite color orange, but again beat me to it on another one of his dmax' s. So now im going copper. Think the color of the rolos candy wrapper. Keeping the block, wiring, and hoses black then everything else in copper. Except my kdd aluminum heads will stay raw to show them off. The truck is murdered out as it stands, but im thinking about going two tone with copper on top.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
What do you use for a replacement Degas Bottle?

I had a pink trace of powder from what appears to be a micro-fracture in the degas bottle.

I’ve heard a squealing, and thought perhaps my water pump pulley had glazed up again. THe inch I could see had no black galaxy and was shiny as two years ago when I cleaned it. If I point at the sound, its coming right from the degas bottle. There is no powder by the cap.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
What do you use for a replacement Degas Bottle?

I had a pink trace of powder from what appears to be a micro-fracture in the degas bottle.

I’ve heard a squealing, and thought perhaps my water pump pulley had glazed up again. THe inch I could see had no black galaxy and was shiny as two years ago when I cleaned it. If I point at the sound, its coming right from the degas bottle. There is no powder by the cap.
If you're made of money, i'd look into one of the aftermarket aluminum degas bottles. However, i'm not, so it would be OEM from ANWBL for me.

-jokester

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
If you're made of money, i'd look into one of the aftermarket aluminum degas bottles. However, i'm not, so it would be OEM from ANWBL for me.
THanks. I’ll use that link to order.

I don’t mind paying extra for something that will last, but seems to me that with the OEM degas bottle lasting 16 years, to me any quality metal one would be just bling. The cheaper metal ones do not have reviews or have three stars because they leak at the site glass

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
THanks. I’ll use that link to order.

I don’t mind paying extra for something that will last, but seems to me that with the OEM degas bottle lasting 16 years, to me any quality metal one would be just bling. The cheaper metal ones do not have reviews or have three stars because they leak at the site glass
That's the same conclusion I came to when I replaced mine. I also like the better visibility of the OEM tank.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

-jokester
On order.

Although the picture in the link doesn’t look like a 6.0 degas bottle, the part number matches other sources. I think the pictured degas bottle may be a 6.4. Bothers me when the wrong product is pictured on website.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
On order.

Although the picture in the link doesn’t look like a 6.0 degas bottle, the part number matches other sources. I think the pictured degas bottle may be a 6.4. Bothers me when the wrong product is pictured on website.
Agreed! There are quite a few parts on there that aren't the correct picture. I want to see the same pic that I think i'm ordering too! I think the pic looks like a 7.3l but I haven't seen the 6.4 yet. That's why I always input my VIN and they will confirm fitment...

-jokester

Reactions: TwinExcursions

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
403 Posts
Took today off since my friend Wayne was available and:

-Changed #7 pushrod
-Changed all 8 glow plugs and both harnesses
-Installed passenger rear parking brake cable
-Cleaned up rear abs wiring and traced problem up to engineer compartment factory pinch point
-Installed stage 2 EPC and Direct Solenoids with dummy plug, screen, and o-ring. (Thought we got rid of stutter, but might still be there ever so slightly. Might have to take apart again to clean the remaining solenoids if it keeps up.)
-Came up with a plan for the exhaust, but didn't get to it.
-Determined that my e-brake light was coming on probably because of master cylinder.

8:30-6:30, with maybe an hour of accumulated time of breaks for lunch and wife time.

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
403 Posts
At lunch today:

Reloaded my SCT tune with my size tire and my mph is within a few mph.

Loaded Hercules w/o allowing for truck relearn so a little trans stutter at WOT, so I'll back it off to +40 since I'm more comfortable there anyhow, and allow the truck to relearn.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Installed a pair of component speakers. Since my truck is an ex-cab, I put the separates in the half doors, with the tweeters about "shoulder" height at the "forward" side of the doors.... So, right about where the seat belt sits on the seat back. I then realized my LR speaker isn't working, so now I have to access the Amp to trace this out

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 F-350 XL 6.0
23 Posts
Changed the oil. Replaced rear calipers, hoses and pads. Replaced the carrier bearing, which was much more work than I had planned and the stock one looked much beefier than the aftermarket one I installed....

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Picked up used heated leather seats in Trafalgar (or raglafart if you're local), along with a flex plate inspection cover and stereo for $260 total. Installed the stereo when I got home.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I broke down on the way to work and like an idiot, didn't check anything. Would've found out real quick that my fuel pump was bad.

Had it towed to my friend's house, found it was a fuel pump, went to town picked one up on warranty and the new seats, took the day, fuel pump got it running.

Found out that I didn't have the connections for the heated/power seats, so went back to Trafalgar and got the wiring harness only for my friend to agree to buy what was remaining of the cab for $200 because we were piece mealing it and he was tired of dealing with fb.

Got more mouse droppings swept out, installed harness (waiting on cab to hook up with actual connections), installed seats, found the cloth seat won't fit even with armrests removed, installed seats again and scrambled to get home to wife after eating dinner that my friend's wife made.

Had hoped for a scan of the truck to see how the rest of the injectors are running, but didn't get to that.

63841 - 63860 of 63882 Posts