Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

63801 - 63820 of 63882 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Minime had to break the drivers side headlight to put the fire out. Parking light and abs wiring harnesses had burnt wires. Repaired wires and put in new lights.

View attachment 773277
I just did an incandescent to LED conversion on my vehicles and a few of the bulbs had some black carbon on them. Some bulbs were 18 years old.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was looking for something real simple like ground to wheel well but that changes with tires etc.

My 2004 has 407,000 miles on what I assume are the original springs. I guess a lot of the truck is original. The previous owner got it hot and he said mechanic replaced some things on the top of the motor but I certainly don’t know what. It’s developed a rather bad oil leak so going in for repairs, probably head gaskets and injectors, in a week or so I reckon. It’s started missing some and we think the leak is at rocker box...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was looking for something real simple like ground to wheel well but that changes with tires etc.

My 2004 has 407,000 miles on what I assume are the original springs. I guess a lot of the truck is original. The previous owner got it hot and he said mechanic replaced some things on the top of the motor but I certainly don’t know what. It’s developed a rather bad oil leak so going in for repairs, probably head gaskets and injectors, in a week or so I reckon. It’s started missing some and we think the leak is at rocker box...
ask nitrogen to measure his, that might get you close

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Sold it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sold it

Whoever bought your Ex has got themselves a very fine vehicle.

To bad you had to sell it but you definitely got good use out of it - the pictures from the middle east really looked like fun.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Whoever bought your Ex has got themselves a very fine vehicle.

To bad you had to sell it but you definitely got good use out of it - the pictures from the middle east really looked like fun.

Went to a real nice family. Spent the day out in Kemah boardwalk area here in Houston.
Now trying to find the next toy.

Reactions: Flamed99

·
Registered
581 Posts
Went to a real nice family. Spent the day out in Kemah boardwalk area here in Houston.
Make sure next toy will get into your garage

·
Premium Member
11,844 Posts
I sent mine on down the road as well. It was a fun six years between myself and my son, but he got another truck more suitable for his needs and I really didn't need it anymore with the 6.7. I wasn't really trying to sell it but my son had a friend that did need it and really wanted it, so it's on to its next chapter.
Still clicking on original injectors at 265k miles.

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
This new Denali is pretty nice. Jus sayin. But i still have my 6.0's and probably wont sell them. Nice to have some toys i can beat on and break and wont need them on Monday for work.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
This new Denali is pretty nice. Jus sayin. But i still have my 6.0's and probably wont sell them. Nice to have some toys i can beat on and break and wont need them on Monday for work.

I have not owned a Chevy/GM product yet... we are going to dealer hop tomorrow again see what they have to offer. Don’t have my hopes set to high, not much on the market peaks my interest... other then the TRX but I’m not paying the market-up BS.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I have not owned a Chevy/GM product yet... we are going to dealer hop tomorrow again see what they have to offer. Don’t have my hopes set to high, not much on the market peaks my interest... other then the TRX but I’m not paying the market-up BS.
I’m thankin bout that new ‘21 raptor.
But I don’t really need another truck, and a half ton at that.
If I had a dually already, betcha *** I’d have one as a daily though.

Reactions: Flamed99

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
I suppose it will depend on what you like and what you're comparing them to. GM has made a lot of junk, but so has everyone else. We are always making a 10 year plus jump in model year so the new rig is always nicer than the old atleast till we drive it off the lot, lol. Im from a predominantly GM family so im the black sheep owning fords for sure. The escalade did what we needed it to and was a good rig for 200k. I would buy another one if the need arises. Were not a mini van family so its full-size suv or trucks for us. We have had a few cars over the years but just not my style. Im also in rural Idaho, if i was in the city im sure it would be different.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I’m thankin bout that new ‘21 raptor.
But I don’t really need another truck, and a half ton at that.
If I had a dually already, betcha *** I’d have one as a daily though.
LoL told my wife, we are now in Tx as a right of passage you must own and dually.

I suppose it will depend on what you like and what you're comparing them to. GM has made a lot of junk, but so has everyone else. We are always making a 10 year plus jump in model year so the new rig is always nicer than the old atleast till we drive it off the lot, lol. Im from a predominantly GM family so im the black sheep owning fords for sure. The escalade did what we needed it to and was a good rig for 200k. I would buy another one if the need arises. Were not a mini van family so its full-size suv or trucks for us. We have had a few cars over the years but just not my style. Im also in rural Idaho, if i was in the city im sure it would be different.
Same here it is truck or full size SUV.
Yet I would not mind a mid-life crisis RS5 with the V8.
The 392 jeep would be cool.
There is a very nice via photos 06 F350 out in Seattle area.
There was a 06 Megacab in San Diego that l really wanted but it looks as it sold.
If anyone comes across something cool preferably lifted with a reputable companies parts, long bed with power adjustable pedals (wife required) let me know.
I would love a 2020/Ford OR Ram something for once with a warranty would be nice.
But really I don’t like the BS on them and it has become increasingly difficult to accomplish the removal.

Reactions: TwinExcursions

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
@5.9and6.0
No more 15+ year old trucks for me. 3-5 years old is the sweet spot IMO. Usually current body style still, and already nicely depreciated with 25-35k miles.
That’s the sweet spot. Easier to sell, drive them to 60-65k and start over. If you buy right, you can usually break even or really minimize loss.

Reactions: backhoebill

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
@5.9and6.0
No more 15+ year old trucks for me. 3-5 years old is the sweet spot IMO. Usually current body style still, and already nicely depreciated with 25-35k miles.
That’s the sweet spot. Easier to sell, drive them to 60-65k and start over. If you buy right, you can usually break even or really minimize loss.

Drove a 2020 Laramie Megacab wife liked but it felt just like the 2011 we had.
The Gladiator and Wrangler felt really small.
Wife did not like the two-tone TRX but tell you what that might be it! WOW!

Ford had no Raptors.
They had a 2020 F250 Tremor edition felt like it was a lot faster then then Ram. The radio and electronic in the dash are a joke! The seats are by-far more comfortably in the Ford vs a Ram.

Looked at 17 F250 King Ranch listed for 63k we looked at but it’s a short bed and smelled like dog. SMH
$$$!Ford was a lot more proud of there trucks then Ram. Ford claimed MSRP is what they are selling at and if we don’t buy it they will have it gone tomorrow.

What’s the deal when you look at the side of the ram Megacab the body lines don’t lineup! You look at the back of Ford’s the bed is angled.

Wife was tired and did not want to stop at Chevy so...
Still looking hopefully the right rig will fall into our hands time will tell.

Tell you what, in my personal opinion which really don’t matter but the new diesel trucks don’t sound good they are to tame.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I think the ram are the nicest out right now. Ford is my favorite exterior, but ram wins overall hands down. Price, interior, features etc.
gm wouldn’t even be in consideration. Interiors by fisher price, horribly ugly exterior. Price on par with Ford.

Ford’s interior dash region is also lacking imo, and I’d take the Cummins over the 6.7 powerstroke in the engine department.

I agree on the seats. Buddy of mine has a 17 250 lariat. His seats are by far more comfortable, and that is the least favorite part of my truck personally, are the seats.

I just priced a TRX on the site, 85 g’s holy smokes I was not aware they were that expensive.

Wrangler is tiny. I can’t do much more than around town in our JL. Dude, that sucker is NOISY. You test drive one? I feel like we can’t have a conversation on the highway lol.
I’m not a huge fan of it. The girl absolutely loves it, which makes me happy. It’s her ride and she really enjoys it, so I enjoy that.

However, to throw my opinion if it holds any weight, I am trying to hold out for the real 5th gen. With the updated transmission. Because ram is lacking in that department, the 68rfe is about 13-14 years old now at this point.

Reactions: Treehick
63801 - 63820 of 63882 Posts