Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

63381 - 63400 of 63417 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,780 Posts
A 3 foot piece of pipe should be a required tool to keep in the truck, no way you're releasing belt tension without it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Never used anything but my hands, but I've got the "kickstand" on mine. Pull the belt while pushing in on the lock and it's done. It does take a good pull, but I think most men should be capable if they try. Without the kickstand, I can see it being a pain.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
A 3 foot piece of pipe should be a required tool to keep in the truck, no way you're releasing belt tension without it
I pull the belt on the left side with one where you have it pictured, then with the other reach into the pulley tensioner, and press the switch and it stays in place. If that switch releases before I put the new belt on, I have a heck of a time with the pulley tensioner, and have given in and bought the Ford tool. I used a couple from Auto parts stores that just did not fit correctly.

EDIT: saw @G8orFord got to this and answered hours before me.

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
573 Posts
New Blower Motor. New AC controller. New Passenger Side Wheel Speed Sensor. All OEM.

The amount of **** I pulled out of the Evaporator area...I could have named it and kept it as a pet.

I bought a “colder” Orifice Tube but we didn’t go that far into the system. Even with what was done the truck freeze me out of it before I hit the paved road!

Reactions: hogbody

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
My passenger side speed sensor is starting to die too
I blame Trump
I guess I'm doing that this weekend

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
573 Posts
Replacing the Wheel Speed Sensor or blaming Trump? :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Testing... I haven't had anything gone horribly wrong with mine yet, 2 years in ownership. Planning on driving about 800 miles again this weekend. Fuel pressure dropped to about 53lbs going up a hill getting the pedal about 80% down.... coolant went to about 8-9lbs even during acceleration, oil/coolant about right with BPD. I pretty much have to stop reading the threads and just drive it!

20200915_190127.jpg 20200915_213155.jpg thumbnail_20200915_191935.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seems Im always doing some sort of project to my 6.0. Post what you have done to make your 6.0 better. Also post any pics if you got them!!
:icon_ford:
Have problem with " water in fuel " light coming on every time I drive. 07 F-250 D. Changed both filters with Ford filters, and drained the water out. Light still comes on within first mile of driving.

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
573 Posts
I towed our boat down to Weeki Wachee, FL today. We're going to get out onto the the Rivers and Gulf for a few days. A couple friends are going to come out and stay with us in a house we rented. This has been a long time coming!

I decided to pop the hood on my truck last night after I got everything prepped and I'm glad I did. The hose clamp on my IPR Coolant Filter just missed the barb on a small portion and cut the hose. I noticed something was off when my Coolant Overflow Tank was almost empty. This was a result of rushing to beat a rainstorm while replacing my AC Blower Motor and Automatic Climate Controller a couple nights back in preparation for this trip. Doh!

Anyway, I replaced the line last night, topped the system off with Cat ELC and Distilled Water, and drove down here this morning. Deltas were about 8 to 10 degrees apart (202 Water & 210-ish Oil) on the whole ride down. 65-70 MPH on I-75. Not entirely sure what the boat weighs and all of our gear. Next to nothing compared to our race trailer. It's a 19' Center Console with a 150 HP 2-stroke on the back. -- I know I could use a back-flush with some detergent. Maybe one day when it's not so hot out.

On the plus side, my AC is ICE COLD now. I pulled soooo much crap out from my Condenser Box I could have named it and kept it as a pet. Such an easy thing to inspect and remedy.

Here's to a GREAT weekend!

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Ordered and installed the silicone hose cap for the bypass port on the degas bottle. I have to say, this one is much more stout than those vacuum plugs. The new one I installed was already becoming dry and brittle after only about a week of being on there. Shouldn't have any problems now.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Have problem with " water in fuel " light coming on every time I drive. 07 F-250 D. Changed both filters with Ford filters, and drained the water out. Light still comes on within first mile of driving.
RIP DTR!

-jokester

Reactions: nine9six

·
Registered
51 Posts
Replaced #6 injector with a stock Remanufactured one. The used one that we put in to replace the failed injector after we rebuilt the motor was causing major stiction issues. 3 hrs later and the truck runs smooth.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I towed our boat down to Weeki Wachee, FL today. We're going to get out onto the the Rivers and Gulf for a few days. A couple friends are going to come out and stay with us in a house we rented. This has been a long time coming!

I decided to pop the hood on my truck last night after I got everything prepped and I'm glad I did. The hose clamp on my IPR Coolant Filter just missed the barb on a small portion and cut the hose. I noticed something was off when my Coolant Overflow Tank was almost empty. This was a result of rushing to beat a rainstorm while replacing my AC Blower Motor and Automatic Climate Controller a couple nights back in preparation for this trip. Doh!

Anyway, I replaced the line last night, topped the system off with Cat ELC and Distilled Water, and drove down here this morning. Deltas were about 8 to 10 degrees apart (202 Water & 210-ish Oil) on the whole ride down. 65-70 MPH on I-75. Not entirely sure what the boat weighs and all of our gear. Next to nothing compared to our race trailer. It's a 19' Center Console with a 150 HP 2-stroke on the back. -- I know I could use a back-flush with some detergent. Maybe one day when it's not so hot out.

On the plus side, my AC is ICE COLD now. I pulled soooo much crap out from my Condenser Box I could have named it and kept it as a pet. Such an easy thing to inspect and remedy.

Here's to a GREAT weekend!
My grandparents used to camp near there along the chazkawitza river or how ever you spell it. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Got blood all over the top of the engine, but not mine this time. We've had a bad squirrel problem this year and our 2 mutant beagles do a good job of finding them. One of them was under my truck yesterday and wouldn't come out, so I knew she had 'treed' a squirrel. I keep a single-action .22 revolver loaded with bird shot for this very thing, so I opened the hood and popped the little bastid in the nook between the manifold and turbo on the passenger side. One more down....

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Got mine a little brother
You can never have too many money pits

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Looks like a solid toy, voodooman.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
It's really clean for 106k miles, doesn't look like it's ever seen dirt

·
Registered
128 Posts
Got a Edge CS2 as a "gift" from a friend. Finally able to tune. Wow! what a difference. Tow tune is nice but the shifts make you want to wear a neck brace, especially when towing. Found out as well not to use tow tune for heavy loads. hmmm. lvl 1 is listed as transmission.

Went exhaust dump pipe just before the muffler when it rotted off. Separate post for inquiry.
Front/Rear dif and transfer case fluid changes
Rear axle seals
7 new BFGoodrich's (not today, but still new)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Put the Looney tune on. It's a friggin dream. My truck liked the canned tunes, but it runs pretty damn nice and the fuel mileage is pretty dang good.
I bought the street tune as well, might or might not try it. Weeee

·
Registered
767 Posts
Evening all,
Been gone for a long time and got back into a diesel thus past January. Picked up an 06 CC 4x4 to tow a travel trailer. Back in the day I said I would never give up my 7.3 and go 6.0. Boy, was I wrong. Absolutely love this thing.

Quick quick question- tuned with Atlas 40, straight piped the cat and put a 4" exhaust behind that. What kind of boost should I be looking for? It runs 20 to 25 regularly and can hit 30 pushing it. Stock turbo, no studs, stock oil cooler and egr cooler.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Evening all,
Been gone for a long time and got back into a diesel thus past January. Picked up an 06 CC 4x4 to tow a travel trailer. Back in the day I said I would never give up my 7.3 and go 6.0. Boy, was I wrong. Absolutely love this thing.

Quick quick question- tuned with Atlas 40, straight piped the cat and put a 4" exhaust behind that. What kind of boost should I be looking for? It runs 20 to 25 regularly and can hit 30 pushing it. Stock turbo, no studs, stock oil cooler and egr cooler.
Seems about right.

63381 - 63400 of 63417 Posts