Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

63361 - 63380 of 63417 Posts

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I hear so much about Red Head and Blue top boxes. But I needed to fix it last night.......after driving 9 hours round trip for a doctor in the Beverly Hills area. So my wife grabbed a Napa box. I gotta say, it feels significantly better than my 301,000 mile original. My box “popped” last week while negotiating the idiots who blocked me and my trailer in at the diesel pump. And although it still assisted, it would no longer return to center when driving. On a straight road, it was like auto pilot. This box should make for a much more pleasant 6-1/2 hour drive to Bishop this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the 18v strong? We use the 28v impacts and they ain't no joke.

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
573 Posts
I replaced the original Tow Mirrors with the '08 style. Not even a 2-beer job, taking my time.

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
Haven't found anything yet the 1/2" 18V won't break loose on either the trucks or farm equipment

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I replaced the original Tow Mirrors with the '08 style. Not even a 2-beer job, taking my time.
You just don't drink fast enough. Easily a six pack lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
My buddy(seen in pic) was pulling his service truck in to fire up his 180psi compressor. He doubted. But the 18v ripped it off like nothing. I no longer use my Ingersoll 3/4” impact, with this around. I use the mid-torque 18v for almost everything, but pull out the big on on the backhoe usually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Replaced my drivers door ajar switch. I replaced this same switch about 3yrs ago with an aftermarket switch. So much for saving a few bucks. My first time swap out 3 years ago took me two attempts over a 2 day span to complete the very frustrating installation. I was really dreading doing this again.
Well this time I purchased the OEM replacement switch and with the help of a guide on the net and my ipad the whole process Only took about 1hr. I could have completed it in about 40 minutes or so but I lost about 20 minutes trying to put one of the door locking rods back together in the wrong place. DOH!
BTL

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Haven't found anything yet the 1/2" 18V won't break loose on either the trucks or farm equipment
I found one a bolt the 18 V Milwaukee impact didn't break loose the first time I used it, but it rounded the bolt instead! I ended up getting the 18V milwaukee because it has more torque than I could get from my air compressor.

The bolt I did not get off was an exhaust bolt that had not been touched since it had been installed in the factory 14 years before. Ended up cutting that one off.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Put $125 or gas in the truck today.

I have a 50 gallon tank and filled it with 42 gallons, and the gauge read about 1/8 left. That's the lowest I ever took it with the titan tank.

Also, with the titan tank, the fuel gauge will stick on full.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Viynl tinted my son's taillights the other day. Not bad for 1st time, 12 bucks off Amazon can't beat that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That bottle of rubbing alcohol is worth its weight in gold. I hope the picture does not have GPS coords on it! I did not know what to use when I couldn;t find rubbing alcohol and through suggestions here went with denatured alcohol and it worked fine.

I like the work. Kind of wish I could do something for my daughters car, but its a small 4 cylinder, and nothing really jumps out for mods.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That bottle of rubbing alcohol is worth its weight in gold. I hope the picture does not have GPS coords on it! I did not know what to use when I couldn;t find rubbing alcohol and through suggestions here went with denatured alcohol and it worked fine.

I like the work. Kind of wish I could do something for my daughters car, but its a small 4 cylinder, and nothing really jumps out for mods.
I keep denatured alcohol on hand all the time to clean powder coated cups I've lasered. But yes rubbing alcohol is like gold.

Nothing wrong with pimping out her ride too, after I did his truck I had some left over so I did the tails on my other son's 4Runner and ordered more to do my tails on my Raptor, but they seem to be a little harder, seeing how they are inset.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm in the middle of replacing the Degas Tank. Running new lines while I'm in there. I made a pressure tester / gauge for giggles.

Up next is to clean out the evaporator to see if that gets the AC to work again.

Rain delay, ATM. Time for a beer and to browse the forums.
what degas bottle are you going with? Are you going OEM or getting one of the aluminum ones? Also what lines did you go with?

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
573 Posts
I bought a new OEM tank. I have 2 new OEM caps so I threw one of those on there for good measure.

For the lines, I went to the local auto parts store and bought 3/8 ID heater hose. My other connections were good (the ones under the tank).

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I bought a new OEM tank. I have 2 new OEM caps so I threw one of those on there for good measure.

For the lines, I went to the local auto parts store and bought 3/8 ID heater hose. My other connections were good (the ones under the tank).
What's the back story on the new tank? Delamination and changing to a non-metal tank? Also, will heater hose work for fuel lines? I thought fuel was the most corrosive and only use fuel line. Thought heater hose could be either fuel line or heater hose. Could be completely wrong on this.

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
573 Posts
Hehe, sorry, I should have maybe clarified better. This was the degas / coolant overflow tank. :D

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Cough Cough...pretty smoky here and planning on the continuing terrible air quality for the next 3-4 days. Man, so many people have lost everything in these fires. It's sad...

-jokester

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
A 3 foot piece of pipe should be a required tool to keep in the truck, no way you're releasing belt tension without it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Flamed99

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I did the fan stator delete mod seven or eight years ago, and I have never missed that damn thing for 1 millisecond. Without that fan stator in the way, a breaker bar or a long-handled ratchet fits in the belt tensioner and makes it super easy to change the belt or anything else where the belt needs to be removed. The only issue is that I don't need near as many cuss words and cuts and scrapes on my hands and arm to install a new belt

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
But if you want to keep a 3ft piece of pipe in your truck, on the off-hand chance, you ever encounter the a-hole at hord who designed that stator and tension pulley so you can crank him a good one across the back of the head...

63361 - 63380 of 63417 Posts