63341 - 63360 of 63417 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Reactions: mbsfield18

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
No, the "L" bracket is bolted to the crossmember and is supposed to keep the spare off the exhaust, with the bigger tire and 4" exhaust it still gets really close
It's actually butted right up against the trailer hitch
I would like to find a 10.5" tire but they don't appear to exist for an 18"wheel

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
650 Posts
No, the "L" bracket is bolted to the crossmember and is supposed to keep the spare off the exhaust, with the bigger tire and 4" exhaust it still gets really close
It's actually butted right up against the trailer hitch
I would like to find a 10.5" tire but they don't appear to exist for an 18"wheel

Where did you get the bracket from? I've been wanting to put my spare on the carrier, but I don't have the hoist and don't really trust it for an oversized tire anyways. Kinda surprised that they don't make a 10.5" for an 18".

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
I have the hoist, the L bracket is just a stop

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
So, the bracket is really just acting like a spacer?

Yup

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
573 Posts
I didn't get to the AC stuff due to weather conditions. The shop is full of other projects and I can't get my truck in there.

I confirmed that my head gaskets are shot, though.

Drove the truck with the gauge on it. Got it up to temperature and relieved the pressure from the system. If I feed her a hot supper the needle on the gauge spikes.

I'm just going to drive it for now. I have the Studs and Gaskets in the shop but I'm not sure which direction I'm going to go with the truck. The thought of dealing with all of this is too much to bear right now. I'm going to go tinker on the 6.9 IDI for a bit and blow off some steam. (ha)

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Changed the oil and filter. I went with Rotella T6 again but I am trying 15-40 this time. Drove from San Jose to Lompoc on Monday. Passed by the fire just South of Salinas as it was blowing up. I returned back to San Jose on Thursday afternoon and that was the first time I saw blue sky in 4 days. Visibility down South was usually about 1/2 mile plus or minus a little. Breathing smoke gave me a sore throat for almost 3 days. Felt like I was working for the fire department again...
BTL
I forgot. 294,600 miles on the odometer. Going to pass the 300,000 mile milestone on the next change.

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
573 Posts
Finally squeezed the trigger on a set of Trail Ridge Tow Mirrors. I'm likely going to try to replace the "smoked lens" in favor of the amber lens and put an LED in there.

But, I'll reserve that judgment until I see them, installed, in-person.

Reactions: voodooridr

·
Registered
203 Posts
Finally squeezed the trigger on a set of Trail Ridge Tow Mirrors. I'm likely going to try to replace the "smoked lens" in favor of the amber lens and put an LED in there.

But, I'll reserve that judgment until I see them, installed, in-person.
Post up some pictures when you get them installed. I had never heard of this brand and was just checking it out saw some for the wife’s Tahoe that would be rad she has the worst blinds spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
573 Posts
There's a bunch of pictures on here of other members with them. They're from 1AAuto. People seem to refer to the Trail Ridge (brand) mirror as the 1AAuto (retailer) mirror all the time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tinted the tailights on my son's 07, 1st time doing vinyl tint. There are a few bubbles but for 12 bucks I can't complain. Chased my speakers issue that I talk about in another thread.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
650 Posts
Tried removing my Banks Monster muffler and it cracked the factory weld around the rim and the neck. I mean, this thing was just supposed to slide off, but not like this... Pretty poor opinion of Banks ATM.

No projects are simple anymore...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Tried removing my Banks Monster muffler and it cracked the factory weld around the rim and the neck. I mean, this thing was just supposed to slide off, but not like this... Pretty poor opinion of Banks ATM.

No projects are simple anymore...

That’s why god made welders.

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
I hear so much about Red Head and Blue top boxes. But I needed to fix it last night.......after driving 9 hours round trip for a doctor in the Beverly Hills area. So my wife grabbed a Napa box. I gotta say, it feels significantly better than my 301,000 mile original. My box “popped” last week while negotiating the idiots who blocked me and my trailer in at the diesel pump. And although it still assisted, it would no longer return to center when driving. On a straight road, it was like auto pilot. This box should make for a much more pleasant 6-1/2 hour drive to Bishop this morning.

63341 - 63360 of 63417 Posts