Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

63321 - 63340 of 63415 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ya thats ridiculous, that would pay for almost 9 years worth at the current rate here in Idaho.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Mine was the same have to love Comifornia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jokester00

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Ya thats ridiculous, that would pay for almost 9 years worth at the current rate here in Idaho.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
One of the reasons Idaho is high on the "escape the communist regime" list (That and Huckleberries)
Our Twin Falls trip has transformed into a Coer D Alene trip in September but anywhere on the other side of the Iron Curtain is A-OK with me, it'll mean trying to teach the G/F to drive in snow but there are worse ways to die

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I'll trade you ?
No thank you. It was $86 for 2 years till a couple years ago. Then someone got greedy and more than doubled the price. But i'll take my price over yours any day.

-jokester

Reactions: voodooridr

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
For a car,truck,boat and camper I paid around $180 I believe for my registration sticker.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
650 Posts
For a car,truck,boat and camper I paid around $180 I believe for my registration sticker.

But really, what does that actually pay for?? Need to question our governing systems...

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Not much, most the road pavement is bad around here.

Roads are jacked up here in the land of ridiculous taxes too

Reactions: mbsfield18

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,594 Posts
Pays for your state reps new Mercedes, because the last one is beat to chit from crap roads.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
573 Posts
Last weekend I changed my Oil / Air (OEM) / Fuel filters. That's exciting, I guess.

I run Rotella T6 5w-30 but this time I added 16oz of ArchOil AR9100 to see if it'll do anything for my 15-year-old injectors.

The difference is night and day. Injector noise is down across the RPM range. So much so in fact that my first trip out with the truck I thought it stalled when going down one of the long hills near the house. I started to get angry, thinking WTF could be wrong. I looked down at my gauges and she was still humming along @ idle RPMs. Just couldn't feel / hear it like I usually do.

Unless it's storming outside I ride with my windows down, back glass open, and no music. (Not that I don't like music but **** the radio stations and their relentless advertising. I have an OEM head-unit so I cannot connect my phone.) So I'm very in-tune to what my truck sounds like and at what RPM. This is throwing my head for a loop!

The throttle is smoother and now I don't have to let the truck warm-up for 10 minutes to 'un-stick' the injectors before leaving after a cold-soak session.

I know, I know..."buy injectors". I'm trying to figure out which direction I want to go with the truck before I buy anything and time / money is going to dictate that. 2020 has been a VERY expensive year and it's not over yet. o_O

Like I do after every oil change, I sent out my oil for its UOA at Blackstone. Those guys / gals are always good for a laugh with our back-and-forths in the "Notes / Details" field.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Now the gauges, power windows and radio don't work. Hit the dash real hard and they will work for a little while. Mini me and myself will remove the dash Sunday to get to the instrument cluster. We have a local shop that will repair it in about 4 hours for $200.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Installed the Rugged liner rear wheel well liners this morning, 15-20 minute one man job my A**
The wheel wells do look much cleaner.
I bought them because the right rear wheel flung something into the useless stock sheet of plastic and blew it right out of the truck

·
Registered
403 Posts
Swapped out the driver's side glow plugs and the wiring harness. No check engine light yet, so fingers crossed!

Reactions: BTL and jokester00

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I sold it.... been a long time, and a good truck, but its time for a dually. My 5er toyhauler is just too much weight for the rear axle/tires. bought a 2018! its certainly bittersweet. I REALLY liked this truck. i caught a lot of **** from my derge driving friends, but it kept on going when their trucks kept breaking down....once i got the kinks out that is. bought it at about 110k miles, sold it with just over 204k.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well the powerhouse I work at got shutdown today so I drove her a few miles south to Big Sur. Check out the 9am sky from the CA fires

·
Registered
403 Posts
Still got the glow plug check engine light after doing the driver's side glow plugs and wiring harness, so did the GPCM and then the passenger side glow plugs and wiring harness.

All good, no check engine light, and it starts like a champ!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
My engine had been running on the hot side when pulling my camper, so a few years back I did the blue wire fan mod. Shortly after that my fan harness fell down into the fan and got ripped off. I ended up buying a used one off the local auto wrecker to get going. Lately though I had noticed that the fan speed would fluctuate wildly even though the engine RPM was steady. I had also been chasing a high pitched tea kettle whistle pretty much since I did the blue wire mod. When I took a closer look at the fan pulley, it was polished to a full glaze. I pulled out the old fan, spliced the wiring harness and reinstalled it. The fan now runs a consistent speed and it appears to run about 10 degrees cooler. 195 to 200 instead of 200 to 215 between deglazing the pulley, which has totally cured the squeal and the new fan things are much nicer. I'm thinking that the viscous clutch was slipping quite badly and probably running about 25 percent less than whatever the computer was commanding from it

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
573 Posts
I'm in the middle of replacing the Degas Tank. Running new lines while I'm in there. I made a pressure tester / gauge for giggles.

Up next is to clean out the evaporator to see if that gets the AC to work again.

Rain delay, ATM. Time for a beer and to browse the forums.

Reactions: jokester00

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
I now have a 35" spare (hopefully meaning I'll never need it) with the L bracket in place I have about 1/2" clearance on the exhaust

63321 - 63340 of 63415 Posts