Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

63281 - 63300 of 63332 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Drove it to go look at a horse trailer upgrade. Not quite what we want sot the search continues. Picked up some ethanol free gas for the boat so I can go fishing tomorrow. Washed it for the first time in a month...now it's raining.
Haha. 😐 Never fails. 😁

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Left Thursday night to go camping. Just got home, with nearly 800 miles round trip. Showing an overall average of about 10.5/USG Seems to struggle to hold lockup, has to downshift more for longer periods. Completely gutless right off idle with the trailer especially if a grade is involved, so something still isn't quite right. If you punch it at idle it definitely has a good belch of smoke. Which isn't normal for something that has stock injectors, stock tune and stock Turbo

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
Might be cheating a little, as I washed her a while back - but I did order some interior parts and install a 2011-2016 center console - finally getting around to giving this thing some creature comforts! Power windows and door locks coming soon (hopefully)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Changed the oil and filter, as well as the fuel filters. I was seeing the fuel pressure drop from about 49 to 42 under hard acceleration. Now it is running nearly 54 and maybe drops to 50. I ignored all the wisdom, and dumped half a can of seafoam into it, then drove it about 30 miles and dumped the oil. I was seeing slightly long crank times, as well as some fairly good pops of blue smoke on Startup and absolutely totally sluggish bottom end. I am suspecting I had early-onset injector stiction, seems to start much better and noticeably better bought him and Power. Now it's just a normal dog off the bottom. I picked up non Ford filters at my local Canadian Tire. As far as matching up to the old filters height and diameter both inside and out seem to match pretty good. On the oil filter where the beginning and end of the pleat material is glued together the join didn't look all that great but otherwise seems to the naked eye to be about like Factory. Up here Ford wants about $90 for the fuel filters and over 40 for the oil filter. Aftermarket they cost me $55 so that is a considerable saving over the all too proud Ford dealership price. Planning on making about a 2000 mile round-trip, leaving next Friday so we will see how it runs with the camper

·
Registered
522 Posts
Changed the oil and filter, as well as the fuel filters. I was seeing the fuel pressure drop from about 49 to 42 under hard acceleration. Now it is running nearly 54 and maybe drops to 50. I ignored all the wisdom, and dumped half a can of seafoam into it, then drove it about 30 miles and dumped the oil. I was seeing slightly long crank times, as well as some fairly good pops of blue smoke on Startup and absolutely totally sluggish bottom end. I am suspecting I had early-onset injector stiction, seems to start much better and noticeably better bought him and Power. Now it's just a normal dog off the bottom. I picked up non Ford filters at my local Canadian Tire. As far as matching up to the old filters height and diameter both inside and out seem to match pretty good. On the oil filter where the beginning and end of the pleat material is glued together the join didn't look all that great but otherwise seems to the naked eye to be about like Factory. Up here Ford wants about $90 for the fuel filters and over 40 for the oil filter. Aftermarket they cost me $55 so that is a considerable saving over the all too proud Ford dealership price. Planning on making about a 2000 mile round-trip, leaving next Friday so we will see how it runs with the camper
Better stop at Walmart on your trip and pick up some motorcraft oil filters for $20

On another note, change my $_&#@+ tire because it had a big gash, and I wasn't ready to get a new set, yet...
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Might be cheating a little, as I washed her a while back - but I did order some interior parts and install a 2011-2016 center console - finally getting around to giving this thing some creature comforts! Power windows and door locks coming soon (hopefully)
View attachment 768519 View attachment 768520
Like me a lowered 6.0

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,764 Posts
Put some new calipers, pads and hoses from Rock Auto on her the other day. Should've done the rotors too. Had a broken piston on the right causing it to drag and get HOT. apparently warped the rotor, feel it in the pedal pretty bad.
I do like the brand new, not rebuilt Raybestos calipers. At $80 they're comparable to rebuilt without cores to deal with.

Reactions: waggonerj

·
Registered
840 Posts
My new least favorite thing. The top bolt on the starter of a 6.0

Any recommendations on right angle driver?

Reactions: voodooridr

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
It's a LOT easier to get to with the cab off

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
840 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Tested the batteries with no load both 12+ did the hammer trick still no start, pulled the cable to the starter placed it on the positive and still nothing.
I guess it would be the starter.
The starter was replaced about 4 yrs ago with. 6.4 one so... kinda odd it’s bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
63281 - 63300 of 63332 Posts