Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

63241 - 63260 of 63393 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I still know this is the wrong forum. I'm sure everyone is sitting on the edge of their seat. LOL we went with the new 2019 6.2. The 2021 with the 7.3 is nicer but it's a $6,000 difference . The mirrors are almost identical to our 6.0 trucks. It's a work truck for Pete's sake
View attachment 768140
I'm sure it will serve you well and you will be happy with the choice and money saved.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: hogbody

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I'm sure it will serve you well and you will be happy with the choice and money saved.

Since 1972 we always had regular Ford cargo vans which they don't make anymore unless you buy that European looking crap. This will be a big change hopefully for the better except when it's raining.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Changed oil, oil filter, fuel filters. Found this when I removed the drain plug for the water drain....Stupid thing was made of some plastic. Of course the new one from Ford is metal and like $30! Also, checked my oil catch can and after approximately 3000 miles, hardly any oil so that's a good sign!

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Changed oil, oil filter, fuel filters. Found this when I removed the drain plug for the water drain....Stupid thing was made of some plastic. Of course the new one from Ford is metal and like $30! Also, checked my oil catch can and after approximately 3000 miles, hardly any oil so that's a good sign!

You should have gotten the updated one for like $18...

-jokester

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Picked up a set of homemade side steps. For $75. And finally got around to putting them on the truck. Not too bad IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Changed my old steering stabilizer out for a Bilstein 5100. Old one didn't want to perform it's duties anymore. Apparently, you're not supposed to have to put all your 235lbs on it to get it to move LOL

-jokester

Reactions: BTL

·
Registered
167 Posts
Cleaned my right front seat. Was out to go to upholstery and have not been able to contact him. So may need to get a left seat base as he has it. Any way spent about an hour and a half to clean it using a spot cleaner and upholstery and carpet cleaner and a lot of scrubbing as it was a railroad truck so need I say more on how dirty it was. I did a post on cleaning and should have put this in as well. But done I thing will know in morning when dry so you can see if it needs to be touched up. So if you have a lower seat and want to sell I could be interested in it. Truck is an 07 F350 and if you look at the post I talked about you can see the style it is.

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Picked it up from the truck Spa, after nearly $5,500 worth of work. Repaired instrument cluster, change the IPR, did dummy plugs, standpipes as well as o rings on top of the injectors. Tragically after many years of faithful service Catalytic converter fell off this morning. Also had to replace the turbo one that was on it would occasionally make a queer warbling noise. Mechanic sent it out to a turbo repair shop. In spite of it functioning perfectly fine for 3 years other than the noise they said that something had gone through it and it was not even worth repairing. I asked them to reassemble it and return it. I suspect that they did a half-assed job of just throwing it together. Because when I wrote tested it it would smoke like a freight train, wouldn't make boost and couldn't get past 25 mile per hour.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Took her for a drive in the mountains. Wishing I had my Carli suspension already. 2weeks. 🤞🏼

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Took mine out to the mineral claim. Five miles down the dry creek off the paved road.
Wish I'd gotten a better picture. Could have been rig of the month for sure!!

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Took mine out to the mineral claim. Five miles down the dry creek off the paved road.
View attachment 768361
I think a picture of the truck on top of that pile of dirt there would be pretty awesome lol. I wish we had some open land like that around here.

Reactions: jokester00

·
Premium Member
11,773 Posts
View attachment 768361
I'm pretty sure I passed that hill today on my drive from Tuscon to Vegas. Then again, I passed a lot of hills today.

63241 - 63260 of 63393 Posts