Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

63201 - 63220 of 63245 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,924 Posts
2.5 basically means 2.5" diameter for the inducer size on the compressor side of the housing. It's the main way to limit power and split the classes for sled pulling.

Haven't got time to upload to YouTube yet and forums don't have direct video uploading, so I keep a public album on the ol FB for all my pulling stuff. Here's one of the links for last night that has some video action.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Had to buy a new air filter on our trip here in pigeon forge tennessee. Got a check air filter message.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I would like to see Pigeon Forge again, went to the F100 SuperNationals there a million years (and two wives) ago

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
2.5 basically means 2.5" diameter for the inducer size on the compressor side of the housing. It's the main way to limit power and split the classes for sled pulling.

Haven't got time to upload to YouTube yet and forums don't have direct video uploading, so I keep a public album on the ol FB for all my pulling stuff. Here's one of the links for last night that has some video action.

It tells me the link is broken. Maybe because I dont have FB. I would love to hook the Excursion up one time just for fun.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: nighthawk285

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
So I popped the hood to do my oil I’ll admit , I didn’t look at the work before I left ford last Saturday.

They charged me a lot of money for the work and I’m pissed they somehow think this was any more than an hour AT BEST worth of work.

The line is touching the reservoir . Like I could have waited 3 days bought the oem line for 40 bucks n did this myself and this is the work I get ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
560 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I know this is the wrong place but can anyone lead me 2 a forum for the new E-Series vans or which engine would you go with the 6.2 or the 7.3. I know the new 7.3 will probably have faults and the 6.2 has been around for a while. We need a new work van and the 4 vans we have now have the 5.4 (160k-220k) and are neglected but go every day

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,680 Posts
I know this is the wrong place but can anyone lead me 2 a forum for the new E-Series vans or which engine would you go with the 6.2 or the 7.3. I know the new 7.3 will probably have faults and the 6.2 has been around for a while. We need a new work van and the 4 vans we have now have the 5.4 (160k-220k) and are neglected but go every day
I'm sure there's a forum somewhere but I can't really help with that. If you're happy with the 5.4, the 6.2 will make you giddy.

I've read some pretty good things about the 7.3. I think I read something on Car & Driver or one of those type places that praised it pretty well. It's far from a proven engine at this point, but the return to a proven pushrod OHV design tells me it's probably going to be a winner.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Have the 6.2 in a f150. It is at 278k now. It has been a GREAT workhorse towing a trailer with 2 mowers and other supplies 75% of the time. Nothing done to the truck except routine maintenance and averages about 17mpg. I can't offer anything on the 7.3 but IMO/experience you can't go wrong with the 6.2.

Reactions: hogbody

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Finally decided to become legal . My wife and I just got our conceal carry permits and I got her a Diamondback 380 yesterday. Wanted the Ruger 380 LCP but but guns are scarce in Virginia.
Congrats. They are scare along with ammo here in NC. I just picked up a M&P Sheild in .40

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
63201 - 63220 of 63245 Posts