Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

62961 - 62966 of 62966 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well this started last Saturday Lots of TLC [money] just hopes it makes at least another 10 years with no significant problems
New rockers and cab corners to make it look good-Sent to a friends body shop
New KDD heads, Arp studs, ODAWG intake, KC2 turbo,WDI injectors 195/30, torque converter and billet input shaft, Ford oil cooler, FASS & DRIVEN DIESEL fuel system.
I cant leave stock alone and hope I not making a very expensive mistake
Now I will just need to make sure brain is engaged while driving it
Time will tell but it should be good for many more miles

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
So you say a buddies shop, what does cab corners/ rockers cost to replace, can you ask ur friend for a ballpark if you arent paying retail? Just curious what that job would cost on a regular day?

·
Registered
535 Posts
5 days ago I installed the repaired FICM from BPD and I figured I might as well change out my FICM relay as it's probably the original. My Genuine OEM Ford Part #: F8OZ-14N089-AA arrived today. While comparing the two, I saw what I'm guessing is the date of manufacture; old one says 06125 and new one says 19212 - probably the year and the day of the year. Am I right?

·
Registered
70 Posts
So you say a buddies shop, what does cab corners/ rockers cost to replace, can you ask ur friend for a ballpark if you arent paying retail? Just curious what that job would cost on a regular day?
He said normally about 3000-3500 for inner and outer rockers and cab corners. He likes to use the replacement inner rockers and extended cab corners but has another guy bend one piece outer rockers out of a litter thicker material. Less seams and welding needed so should last longer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had the 05 excursion in for the head gaskets and they said motor was in really good shape. only 123 k on it. Also had bigger injector put in as a couple were bad.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
17 year old Numb nutzs (mini me) went into mud last night knowing the 4x4 doesn't work. It shut down and would not start and that's how they left it at last night. Started this morning and he almost got it out, died and would not start again. Pulled it out with my 6.7 (ridgrapplers griped flawlessly). Gave it a shot of ether started and headed home. Died twice on the way home when he stopped at red lights. Little ether both times and maid it home. Kids need to learn how to 4x4 correctly, work on and maintain their (my) truck. Looks like ipr with forscan but I'm going to check a few more things.
20200328_174219.jpg

62961 - 62966 of 62966 Posts