Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63329 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yesterday I straightened up the fins on my air condenser. I spray painted them afterwards. I removed and cleaned my air intake filter. I sprayed the K&N heat shield with fresh black paint. I also "donkey ear'd" my exhaust to help keep the turbo whistle from penetrating my ear canal like Kobe on a 17 y/o girl.

Does this count?
Please explain :dunno:

EDIT - Nevermind. I should have kept reading first.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I paid my annual registration...$81.00 here in PA!!!:crazy:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am picking mine up wed. from getting EGR delete, Head studs, and glow plugs!!!! Exhaust and gauges very soon!!!!

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Im still waiting for all my parts to come in.. I got everything from FCDP quick but all the stuff from elite is taking forever!!!! lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
pics

pictures of my truck getting studs......

·
Registered
257 Posts
took out my gauges and sold them and my x3 hoping to get a livewire in the next couple days

·
Registered
288 Posts
I officially changed the name of my truck from a 6 leaker to a 6 oh-my-god-whats-broke-now!

·
RIP Mitch ! We miss you
11,966 Posts
Check my thread in the suspension forum. It is the PMF 4 Link thread. Took me more than a day though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good to hear I am not the only one who has flipped off my truck.
I have been flippin mine off for two weeks.

Turbo went out while I had my 12000# camper on. Good thing I was only 5 miles away from my destination and not just headed out on vacation! I am headed out for a 10 day vaCa on the 27th. Hope the turbo is the ONLY problem I will see in the next month.

Just got the upgraded Garret turbo in today. Should install on Sat. Hope to see a big difference in boost since mine never got over 23PSI. And hopefully a little lower EGT's.

Oh yeah and I just got done with, Cat delete, EGR delete, Oil cooler change all the fluids and filters as well. (I was finally ready to just DRIVE IT!)

So now with the turbo I am just waiting for the HG's to go and then the HPOP and after that I think it should be pretty solid for a while. Pending injector failure that is.

Goin outside to give it the bird one more time!

·
Hate stupid people
8,521 Posts
took a ride in a guys 03 with 17K original miles on it everythings stock except for the studs,Hgaskets,hpop,IC,and EGR delete local delership fixed it all under warrenty because he blew them all up at the same time with only 10K miles on it and that was back in 06 and he's put 7,000 miles on it since and mind you this guy is almost 60 and drives like he's 90

·
RIP Mitch ! We miss you
11,966 Posts
took a ride in a guys 03 with 17K original miles on it everythings stock except for the studs,Hgaskets,hpop,IC,and EGR delete local delership fixed it all under warrenty because he blew them all up at the same time with only 10K miles on it and that was back in 06 and he's put 7,000 miles on it since and mind you this guy is almost 60 and drives like he's 90
That's the kiss of death for a 6.0. You have to drive it and drive it hard. It needs to work the turbo regularly. If you baby it and don't drive it often you will be paying repair bills for the turbo at a minimum.

·
Super Moderator
31,744 Posts
That's the kiss of death for a 6.0. You have to drive it and drive it hard. It needs to work the turbo regularly. If you baby it and don't drive it often you will be paying repair bills for the turbo at a minimum.
Exactly.

The 6.0 is designed to be driven hard and worked. If its not thats when problems come into play

·
Hate stupid people
8,521 Posts
i told him to drive it like he was 16 again, and he thought i was kidding:doh:

·
Registered
78 Posts
slow day at work today so i pulled it in the shop and washed it detailed it and tried to figure out where my front end wobble is coming from couldnt figure it out the so i flipped it off while i was under it so she wouldnt see me:punish2:

·
Dirtleg
634 Posts
installed hids in my fog lights

21 - 40 of 63329 Posts