Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1381 - 1395 of 1395 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,680 Posts
I don't know why they wouldn't, unless it's damaged the switch assembly. Even then, I think it's entirely plausible that they could accept the damage as related to the problem. I'd probably push for a replacement or repaired tailgate as well. From what I understand, the "fix" is soldering a connection in the harness.

Reactions: wizbangdoodle

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I need to get that tailgate recall done. Problem is, my tailgate came down twice on it's own... while towing my flatbed trailer. So I have damage to my tailgate due to a defect from Ford. Will they fix the damage under this recall? Who knows.
A couple other members had the same issue. One opened into a closed garage door causing damage and the other opened into a 5th wheel while towing. Ford told the 5th wheel owner to go through insurance but insurance denied the claim due to the recall. The other didn’t post what happened but only had scratches so maybe, they buffed out.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
What fog lights are those
Looks like Baja Designs’ lights. I bought a dual mount that fits their Squadron series lights from KDFabworks.

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
Tailgate recall? That for the fancy owners that can drop their tailgate with a button? What’s the steering recall? As far as I know I only have the seatbelt recall , that I will get done when they get me in the trim piece that goes from the front to the back on the roof on the drivers side.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Added a shell..

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Unintended tailgate opening is for the fancy button users. Steering recall is for excess oscillation in the steering stabilizer. Seems like every couple of months I get a new letter in the mail courtesy of Ford about a recall/TSB. Block heater cord, daytime running lights, seatbelt carpet catching fire, tailgate automatically opening, door latches freezing, and excess oscillation in the steering dampener.

·
Premium Member
11,680 Posts
Two new Motocraft batteries. Hopefully the drivers side will stop eating away the cable end from acid corrosion now. OEM battery was cracked at the positive post.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Two new Motocraft batteries. Hopefully the drivers side will stop eating away the cable end from acid corrosion now. OEM battery was cracked at the positive post.
The driver side corrosion is a pain in the, well you know. I am interested to see if that stops it for you. I have tried to look to see where the cable goes if I ever have to replace it and give up about 6 inches away from the battery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
784 Posts
Man you have a full time job keeping the big black truck looking good. I chickened our on the black. I had a 96 power stroke that was black. It looked great for about 15 minutes after I washed. Still love black just didn’t want a second full time jog. Great looking rig!

i take my truck to a detail guy. Hand wash $40.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Unintended tailgate opening is for the fancy button users. Steering recall is for excess oscillation in the steering stabilizer. Seems like every couple of months I get a new letter in the mail courtesy of Ford about a recall/TSB. Block heater cord, daytime running lights, seatbelt carpet catching fire, tailgate automatically opening, door latches freezing, and excess oscillation in the steering dampener.
I changed my stabilizer awhile ago to a carli I believe. Only recall noticed I have sen is block heater and seatbelt deal.

·
Premium Member
11,680 Posts
The driver side corrosion is a pain in the, well you know. I am interested to see if that stops it for you. I have tried to look to see where the cable goes if I ever have to replace it and give up about 6 inches away from the battery!

Yeah, you don't want to have to replace that as a unit. I priced it at O'Reilly's and it was almost $300 (Motocraft part). I bought a replacement end with about 6" of #2 cable and a screw type connection. It should be good for a while.

1381 - 1395 of 1395 Posts