Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1395 Posts

·
1% Club
50 Posts
It will be delivered Tuesday evening. There were several things which needed to be done and three recalls. The dealership gave me a Mustang GT to drive for three days! Fun car to drive but not real impressed with the throttle response. Off topic but my truck should be here in 24 hours.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I installed my new rims and tires for summer. Method 20x9 rims and 35x11.5 Nitto Ridge Grabblers. Impressed with how quiet and smooth they ride.

new rims2.jpg

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I have a set of those and a Black Oak 30" LED on the bumper. Between all of the LEDS it sure lights up the night..I have a Road Armor Bumper on its way, going to have to order A Warn 16.5t winch next.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just got some new tires. Went from General Grabbers LT245/75R17 (got 50K on them) to Yokohama Geolandars AT G015 LT265/70R17 (come with a $60 visa card rebate til 4-30)
The Yoko's are 5lbs heavier per tire, less than 0.5" taller and 1" wider. But they seem to fill the wheel wells better. Thought about going to 33s but want to see how these affect mileage. Next time I may go with an aggressive AT. I currently look at maybe upgrading the wheels but that will wait until these tires wear out.
I also changed the tire size in ForScan
View attachment 766434

·
Premium Member
11,685 Posts
Put front brakes on it Saturday. Could kick myself. I heard a roar from the brakes when I drove it last Wednesday. That was the first time I'd heard it, but the drivers side rotor was already gone. I probably should have changed them a few thousand miles ago, but the inside pad on the driver's side was actually the only one that was completely gone. I'm thinking the pad delaminated recently. Still not sure why I didn't hear it sooner.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Put front brakes on it Saturday. Could kick myself. I heard a roar from the brakes when I drove it last Wednesday. That was the first time I'd heard it, but the drivers side rotor was already gone. I probably should have changed them a few thousand miles ago, but the inside pad on the driver's side was actually the only one that was completely gone. I'm thinking the pad delaminated recently. Still not sure why I didn't hear it sooner.
What breaks did you go with? I put black rims on and the factory red dust is insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,685 Posts
What breaks did you go with? I put black rims on and the factory red dust is insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't have time or would have probably ordered PowerStops. I just used the best the Advance Auto had. I hope they aren't the red dust kind. I was actually pretty impressed with the rotor from Advance, it appeared to be good quality. The last time I bought rotors for my '04 I ended up returning them and getting the original ones turned. The ones I got from O'Reilly's were warped out off the box and they were Bosch branded.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Had a new door window installed.. damn rock.. need to get tinted again..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,685 Posts
I had the seat belt and tailgate recalls and steering oscillation TSB work done. They didn't have the block heater cord so I'll have to take it back for that. I hope I don't regret getting the updated steering dampener. Mine wasn't all that bad, but I figured if they would give me a new dampener at 80k for free, I might as wil take it.

Also, filled it up afterwards.

Reactions: C9-6.7L

·
Registered
324 Posts
I need to get that tailgate recall done. Problem is, my tailgate came down twice on it's own... while towing my flatbed trailer. So I have damage to my tailgate due to a defect from Ford. Will they fix the damage under this recall? Who knows.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1361 - 1380 of 1395 Posts