Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1382 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
Thanks man.....the whole package is just wow....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
They have your truck in a 2019 sitting on my local lot for $80k. Drooled at a little when I picked mine up this morning from getting the fuel tank TSB service done.

For those that are considering it, it was completely covered under the Emissions Warranty and didn't cost me a dime.

I did go off on the service advisor and the a couple of the managers there last night though. I scheduled this work more than a week ago, specifically asked when would a good time for them to make sure it got done in a day and let them tell me when to bring it in. I dropped it off at 7:30. I called them at about 4:00 in the afternoon and was told they were working on it and should get it done. When I stopped by to check on it at 5:30 they had just gotten the old tank out. I'm not sure what the flat rate time on swapping a fuel tank is, but I'm fairly certain it's not over 10 hours. Needless to say, I blew a gasket. The service advisor had actually asked me that morning if I were going to wait on it. Really, you thought I'd wait and yet you still took almost twelve hours to get it done? Obviously, since I said no, they moved it to the bottom of the list. Even though I had specifically told them I wanted it done in a day. They called me at 6:40 last night to tell me it was ready and I picked it up this morning... and apologized for losing my cool. This whole thing was exacerbated by the fact that no one at that dealership wanted to help me try to figure out how to get the Smartlink working on my truck. This is the second dealership I've dealt with that doesn't have a clue about it. They, at one point, even tried to make me believe that you had to take it to the originating dealer to get it set up. Total BS.

Sorry for the long rant, but I guess I'm still a little peeved about the whole thing. On a brighter note, I was able to put a little over 30 gallons in it after the tank swap and at 50 miles to empty. Previously, at 10 miles to empty, I could only get about 26 gallons.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I joined the club Xmas morning. I was surprised to say the least!! Man these are some awesome trucks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait, what's the story, that was a Christmas present?
Congrats! Mine is very similar but it’s the loaded lariat, just picked it up a few weeks ago. Love the truck so far!

Couple things I’ve done so far to contribute to the thread,
- Amp steps
- Factory all weather floor mats
- B&W stow away hitch (very impressed with this hitch!)
- The factory rubber mat off amazon for the bed, for the price it is well worth it! Nice with things not sliding around!!
- Waiting on a call back from line-x
- Waiting on my RetraxPRO XR bed cover

What’s the story with the fuel tank tsb on the 2019’s was it corrected?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just filled mine up with about 40-50 miles to empty and it held almost 30 gallons... I’m good with that. I went from my tundra getting 296 miles to a tank to my f250 getting 515 miles. That’s nice!!!

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts

What’s the story with the fuel tank tsb on the 2019’s was it corrected?
Unless there's a new TSB that I don't know about (which is entirely possible), I think they got that all sorted out back in 2107. I recently had mine replaced per the TSB and I was able to put about 31 gallons in it with 50 miles to empty on the dash. Previously, at 10 miles to empty, I could barely make 27 gallons fit. They changed the tank and the sending unit, so I don't now if it was one or both that were the incorrect part.

·
Super Moderator
12,880 Posts
Looks great man!

I ordered some F11 to try out, as well as the BT OBDLink dongle and a BT adapter for my laptop. Next week I'm finally gonna get rid of the damn double honk!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
3” front level with 37” nitto ridge grapplers. Now it looks like a truck! Lol

Where's the cab lights?!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1001 - 1020 of 1382 Posts