Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

761 - 780 of 1363 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Brought her home in the rain, introduced to her new parking spot, took off FX4 stickers and front license plate mount. Ordered tires and wheels.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Brought her home in the rain, introduced to her new parking spot, took off FX4 stickers and front license plate mount. Ordered tires and wheels.
What did you need to pull that plate mount off? I started pulling on it, but didn't want to break anything. Thanks!

Ian M.

·
Registered
228 Posts
What did you need to pull that plate mount off? I started pulling on it, but didn't want to break anything. Thanks!

Ian M.
Got to get under and behind the bumper there are 2 plastic tabs. Just push down slide out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, not today but on Tuesday I brought it home for the first time. Looking forward to using it this weekend to pull the boat to the lake. Since it's only a bass boat I've been told I'm going to need to check the mirrors to make sure it's still back there as the truck will never know it there.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
2018 white Platinum F-350 DRW now with Air Lift 5000 airbags and wireless air compressor. Also, a new B&W Companion 5th wheel coupler that uses the Ford puck system. Perfect fit for my 2013 15,000 lb. 5th wheel Cedar Creek. Pulled the trailer yesterday to have new Goodyear G614's put on and the truck pulled the trailer effortlessly. Previously, I was running a 2012 F-350 SRW but the dually is really more stable. Leaving Texas for Indiana, Michigan, and Kentucky in August, then on to New Mexico in October to see the balloons. Thinking about a tonneau cover but haven't decided yet.

Let's roll...............

·
Registered
70 Posts
Since my Lariat didn't come w/ upfitters switches I wanted to get some and found a way to order the factory set and install myself. I ordered therm last week and they arrived this am. There is a great tutorial on Ford Truck Enthusiast that I followed and install is just like factory. Everything came out perfect. Looks and functions great. Now Beer o'clock!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hooked her up for the first towing assignment. Washed both, started the boat...and the impeller went out. Got the water pump out ready for the new one when we get to the lake in the morning. IMG_20180713_190051518_1531534512732.jpeg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Finally pulled the camper with it. Pulled like a dream. Added some letter inserts and a new antenna this past week. Replaced all the factory speakers with JL audio C2s. Sound didn’t improve much. Will have to go with a new head unit. Step bars are on back order. A whole month. Got my horn mounted as well. That was a PITA. Not a lot of room under this one to have out of sight. I’ve locked my damn keys in it three times so far. Missing the exterior key pad. Is there a way to add one to it?

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Was going to wash it yesterday and when I ran water over the windshield, it cracked 3 different ways. Needless to say, I'm not happy. Going to see if warranty will cover it.

Has anyone else ever had this happen?

·
Registered
291 Posts
That's thermal shock. Never heard of water causing it to a windshield. Any rock chips prior to it cracking? That would make sense.
Was going to wash it yesterday and when I ran water over the windshield, it cracked 3 different ways. Needless to say, I'm not happy. Going to see if warranty will cover it.

Has anyone else ever had this happen?
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ford used to sell one that you could stick onto the outside. It's basically a remote fob. You learn it to the truck and then it operates like your key fob.

Edit:
https://accessories.ford.com/actuator-asy.html

Nice part of this one, you don't have to stick it to the door, you could hide it away like a hide-a-key

Finally pulled the camper with it. Pulled like a dream. Added some letter inserts and a new antenna this past week. Replaced all the factory speakers with JL audio C2s. Sound didn’t improve much. Will have to go with a new head unit. Step bars are on back order. A whole month. Got my horn mounted as well. That was a PITA. Not a lot of room under this one to have out of sight. I’ve locked my damn keys in it three times so far. Missing the exterior key pad. Is there a way to add one to it?
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
No previous Rock chips. I've seen that happen many times when there is already a chip or flaw, but never on a clean piece of glass like this. It was pretty hot out and the water was straight from my well. Dealership says it is Ford's call on whether they cover it or not. They want to take pics and examine it first.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
No previous Rock chips. I've seen that happen many times when there is already a chip or flaw, but never on a clean piece of glass like this. It was pretty hot out and the water was straight from my well. Dealership says it is Ford's call on whether they cover it or not. They want to take pics and examine it first
If Ford is not going to cover it, you're looking at about $600 for OEM. Mine broke less than 3 weeks upon taking receipt but not because of water but rather a huge rock flung from a truck going down the interstate. I was glad it was the glass and not the metal.

761 - 780 of 1363 Posts