Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1396 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I received my Duraflap mud flaps today. I was surprised at the overall improvements from the flaps that I bought less than three years ago. When I spoke with the owner's wife back then, her husband was in their garage making the flaps, a classic mom and pop shop. When I ordered these flaps, I spoke with her again and asked if he was still making them in their garage. She told me that they have grown so fast that they have moved twice since then and now have a state of the art 5,000 sq/ft. facility and have hired some help for him. Its nice to buy something that doesn't have "Made in China" stamped on it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I hit one month today, so I had to go to the DMV and put real plates on her yesterday. The vanity plates I wanted were taken (dangit, who else has my middle name), so I just got regular plates. At $1,100, registration is the gift that keeps on giving.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I hit one month today, so I had to go to the DMV and put real plates on her yesterday. The vanity plates I wanted were taken (dangit, who else has my middle name), so I just got regular plates. At $1,100, registration is the gift that keeps on giving.
OUCH!!! that is REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!! I'm tagged for 19,000# here in West Virginia and my tags cost me a little over $100/yr. A regular car or half ton pickup truck costs $32.00 a year.

It sounds like you must get a lot of government services for your money there.
Or, is it that you're getting serviced by your government? :rofl:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah, here in NV, we live in one of those "no personal income tax" states. It's kind of a joke, because all it means is that we get hosed on every other type of tax. It's not like the state gets by with less because we don't pay income tax. Vehicle registration is one of the worst.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Having it undercoated and rustproofed in the morning. I know that its aluminum and its not supposed to rust, but the frame is steel. I don't want to find out in 5 years that corrosion is a problem with the aluminum bodies and I should have had it done.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Well, I had some good news today. The undercoating was cheaper than quoted initially to me. They discounted it because they didn't have to undercoat as much due to the aluminum body. They really coated everything else well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I had some good news today. The undercoating was cheaper than quoted initially to me. They discounted it because they didn't have to undercoat as much due to the aluminum body. They really coated everything else well.
How much was it? I'm thinking about doing this too.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I paid a total of $600. It was going to be near $800 originally. I know its expensive, but they do a really nice job, with a quality product and are very neat. They don't get the stuff all over everything. The best part is that they guarantee that the truck won't rust, or they pay for the repair. They provide me with a contract spelling out everything with no "fine print" that exonerates them for something stupid.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Gave her a bath for the first time. Supposed to rain tomorrow but it was warm enough to give her a quick bath and get the salt off. Washed the wife's truck too.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Gave her a bath for the first time. Supposed to rain tomorrow but it was warm enough to give her a quick bath and get the salt off. Washed the wife's truck too.
Looks like washing your truck did the trick! The whole east coast is wet. Makes me wonder if the American Indians didn't wash their horses during their rain dance.:grin:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got mine as an early Christmas present and for Christmas my wife gave me a Flux Capacitor phone charger and today I ordered a 90 gallon Auxillary tank, dual air compressors, floor mats, and a complete window shade set. My dealer also had to order the FIRST 59 foot trailer camera cable and 2 more trailer tire pressure sensors, and those will be put in when ever they come in.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I got mine as an early Christmas present and for Christmas my wife gave me a Flux Capacitor phone charger and today I ordered a 90 gallon Auxillary tank, dual air compressors, floor mats, and a complete window shade set. My dealer also had to order the FIRST 59 foot trailer camera cable and 2 more trailer tire pressure sensors, and those will be put in when ever they come in.
59 Foot cable!!! What the heck are you dragging around, the Washington Monument.

·
Registered
160 Posts
59 Foot cable!!! What the heck are you dragging around, the Washington Monument.
hahahahaha. Close, 48 foot toy hauler. I'm honestly nervous that the 59 foot cable wont be enough

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tonneau cover and tool boxes
With the tool boxes in do you still have access to the trailer plug? how are they? strong? lots of room?
You do loose access to the trailer plug. But I guess you can always swing it open and plug the trailer. It does rotate all the way so you can get your stuff from outside the tail gate.

They have 1.5 cubic feet of space. And are built very well. No drilling into the bed required. Brackets are very thick and look like they will hold the weight.

41 - 60 of 1396 Posts