Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1395 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
The vent visor has been the documented "contributing factor" in several collisions. I personally have nearly had one myself, and I removed them shortly thereafter.

The Issue;
They widen the "A pillar" (the pillar beside the windshield) mainly on the drivers side. The "A pillar" is already wide on these trucks, but when the Vent Visor is added to it, it makes it wide enough that it totally blocks the visibility of an oncoming vehicle in an intersection. That's where I nearly had a head-on myself that would have been my fault.

I'm not necessarily downing the Vent Visor. They're nice, and a good idea. I've just had the Poo scared out of me and don't think the benefit is worth the risk. (Plus the other driver calling me an *%#hole for nearly hitting them head-on doesn't help things)

When I test drove the 2017 I didn't really pay attention to the width of the A pillars. They may be thinner than on the older trucks. If so, I may reconsider.
Makes sense, I have had the vent visors on my 2006 since I got it and am used to it, but definitely know what you are talking about. I have adapted to make sure I look around the A pillar dramatically to make sure there is not a car or person. I have had a close call or two myself.

Reactions: richc22aa

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks nice jerradgonzales

·
Registered
399 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Why not just get a plastic drop in for $200? You won't have a rust concern, which was the biggest problem with drop-in's to begin with. They have a no skid bottom in them now, and if you happen to dent a wheelwell you'll never see it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why not just get a plastic drop in for $200? You won't have a rust concern, which was the biggest problem with drop-in's to begin with. They have a no skid bottom in them now, and if you happen to dent a wheelwell you'll never see it.
I fractured my arm slipping on my last drop in bed liner, since then I have determined that I personally will not own another plastic liner. Also when I did remove the drop in There was at least 5lbs of dirt and leaves under it which I was not fond of.

Louisiana morning dew sucks...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got my Husky Weatherbeaters in today. They fit well and feel durable while not being too slick. I am happy so far. My mom has the Husky Xact Fit in her SUV and they feel softer than the Weatherbeaters, but not as tough.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Got my Husky Weatherbeaters in today. They fit well and feel durable while not being too slick. I am happy so far. My mom has the Husky Xact Fit in her SUV and they feel softer than the Weatherbeaters, but not as tough.

They look as nice as the Weathertech's. I have a question. Do they cover the dead pedal on the drivers side? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much are they for the entire set?
Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
15 Posts
They look as nice as the Weathertech's. I have a question. Do they cover the dead pedal on the drivers side? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much are they for the entire set?
Thanks, Bob
Like I said earlier I have never seen Weathertech's so I'm sure you cant go wrong with either. I am assuming the dead pedal is the empty space and yes they do. The full set was USD $276.11 after tax. Hope this helps!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks, that helps a lot. The dead pedal is the area under your floor liner that has the shoe mark on it. Some manufacturers actually put a stationary pedal there so that one doesn't wear the carpet out from putting your foot there.
Again, I appreciate your help Buddy.
Bob

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Wow, I didn't know that they put chrome bumpers on a King Ranch that has two toned paint. I ordered mine monochromatic so that I could have the chrome bumpers. The dealership said that it was the only way.
Anyway, love the truck. The chrome wheels are really nice. The PVD is the best. (no rust, ever!)

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The truck isn't here yet, but I ordered a set of Duraflaps for it today. I made an appointment with Krown to have it undercoated, and then I'll swing by the window tint place on the way home.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought the Gator MX bed cover. It arrived today by Fedex and I will have a buddy over tonight to help install it. Of course I bought it a couple of days before they marked it down $200 for Black Friday.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
I just looked at the Dura flaps They are on sale this weekend for Black Friday. I am getting them.
I just bought a set. Never thought about Black Friday.:frown2: Oh well, I'll check out Weathertech and see if they have a sale today.

On Edit; Business must be very good for Weathertech. They offered no Black Friday discounts.

21 - 40 of 1395 Posts