Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

301 - 320 of 1407 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Finally got her on the own 4 feet again! Can't wait to pick her up tomorrow...

Down

Up

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
And the Spare Tire / Hi Lift Jack Mount for the bed. Custom made of course!!!

Check out my Build Page for everything so far. And Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for videos of this project and my many others!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I know this is a dumb question but I have seen so many posts here about lifting trucks. I just want to know what is the reason? Do you 4-wheel and need higher clearance to get over ground objects?

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Gypsees, the best way to explain the lift thing to you is,,, its like owning 5 horses and 10 saddles. Is it necessary? No,,, well yes, sort of. :wink:

Reactions: gypsees

·
Registered
204 Posts
Changed out the cabin air filter since I was at the 20k mark. It was a lot dirtier than I expected but I am on my second air filter too.

Installed one of those Built Right rear seat handle extenders so I can store stuff easily behind the seat.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm still trying to sort out all the things that we can do to these trucks. Monday I am getting 3m crystalline installed on the windows to help cut the heat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Posted in the Suspension/General section as well:

I lowered mine yesterday. Very pleased.

Ordered 2" spacers/blocks from Sunrise Ford: 6C3Z-5598-A (2 qty)

$74.12 to my door

I elected to use original ubolts as they had plenty of thread. However ended up taking the cut-off wheel to them in order to get a deepwell socket on and be able to use torque wrench. If I were to do again, I'd just order new bolts and nuts.

Part numbers (I think from researching. I did not purchase, so not 100% sure)

u-bolts: BC3Z-5705-F (4 qty)
nuts: N620485S441 (8 qty)

Some other good links describing the process.

XXX f150forum.com/f76/how-install-rear-blocks-138872

XXX ford-trucks.com/forums/1343668-2015-f250-rear-blocks-5.html

Attached pictures. All are AFTER lowering. Still a little rake.

I also had front windows tinted to match the side rears. Added front Ford and rear Husky wheel liners and a Gator brand tri-fold "pro" tonneau cover.

Next plan to run some sort of full time power option for trailer and at least one aux interior power outlet. Likely will use an upfitter switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Gypsees, the best way to explain the lift thing to you is,,, its like owning 5 horses and 10 saddles. Is it necessary? No,,, well yes, sort of. :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Took mine in to the dealer for the 5K mile check up and oil change...added 3.5 gallons of DEF fluid also. Running great so far even in all this rain we've been getting!

Reactions: gypsees

·
Registered
124 Posts
I want the tint! :)
Gypsees I had the 3M Crystalline series tint installed. Its not as dark as limbo tint, but it blocks out 97% of infrared and 99.9 UV Rejection. I had a lighter version of the same tint install on the windshield and it offers the same reduction on infrared and UV protection.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Precision Retrofits. I can't post a link for some reason but it that dot com. Also if you have instagram you can check out his work there too

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I can't post links yet either. Not sure how many posts you have to post before you can. I remember reading something about that when I signed up here. Maybe we will reach the magic number soon!

I found the website! I'll check them out. Thanks for the post.

301 - 320 of 1407 Posts