Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1396 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, there aren't many of these trucks out there yet, but we need to start one of these threads. I've got my new 2017 ordered, and I've started ordering parts already. What have you done to yours?

·
Registered
820 Posts
I can say i havnt seen many 17s look good with extra lift and\or oversized tires. They just dont seem to match this truck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ordered and waiting

Well I ordered my 2017 F350 Lariat 2 weeks ago. Been gathering my list of items that I need to purchase and install on the vehicle. Amazing how impatient one can be for a new truck. Seems like its going to take forever before it gets here.

Anyone have any decent sites for 2017 Accessories?

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I ordered my 2017 F350 Lariat 2 weeks ago. Been gathering my list of items that I need to purchase and install on the vehicle. Amazing how impatient one can be for a new truck. Seems like its going to take forever before it gets here.

Anyone have any decent sites for 2017 Accessories?
I don't know if you're going to order mud flaps or not, but Duraflaps has just contacted me to let me know that they are now producing their flaps for the 2017s.

You can get a 10% discount for being a member here on the Org.

Congrats on the new truck. I've got one ordered too. I just don't think about it. Its too long of a wait to get anxious, that'll just make it longer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the mud flaps. I will have to take a look.

I try not to think about it, but sometimes its hard not to. Definitely looking forward to the new ride.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the heads up on the mud flaps. I will have to take a look.

I try not to think about it, but sometimes its hard not to. Definitely looking forward to the new ride.
I had a set of Duraflaps on my 2014 F250. They're really nice high quality flaps. The nicest I've ever had. Maybe there's something else out there that's as good, but I haven't seen or heard of it yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a set of Duraflaps on my 2014 F250. They're really nice high quality flaps. The nicest I've ever had. Maybe there's something else out there that's as good, but I haven't seen or heard of it yet.
I like the fact you can get them with the stainless on them. Also they look to be thicker than the stock ford mud flaps.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the fact you can get them with the stainless on them. Also they look to be thicker than the stock ford mud flaps.
They are much thicker than the factory flaps. (I still have the factory flaps in the barn from my 2014) The stainless weights also are available with designs in them. I'm thinking of getting them with the King Ranch design in them for my wife's new 2017.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have added the mud flaps to my list. The only other items I have on my list are pretty minor. I have the window visors, 5th wheel hitch adapter (to fit into the 5th wheel prep), Seat protector for my 2 labs, tri-fold tonneau cover, TPMS sensors for 5th wheel that integrates into the tow technology bundle. Currently looking into exhaust options.

Been looking for more out there, but as these trucks are so new, its not easy to find that much.

Reactions: Roughneck1713

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have added the mud flaps to my list. The only other items I have on my list are pretty minor. I have the window visors, 5th wheel hitch adapter (to fit into the 5th wheel prep), Seat protector for my 2 labs, tri-fold tonneau cover, TPMS sensors for 5th wheel that integrates into the tow technology bundle. Currently looking into exhaust options.

Been looking for more out there, but as these trucks are so new, its not easy to find that much.
I've had the vent visors on past trucks, but for safety reasons will never buy them again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had the vent visors on past trucks, but for safety reasons will never buy them again.
What safety reasons?

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The vent visor has been the documented "contributing factor" in several collisions. I personally have nearly had one myself, and I removed them shortly thereafter.

The Issue;
They widen the "A pillar" (the pillar beside the windshield) mainly on the drivers side. The "A pillar" is already wide on these trucks, but when the Vent Visor is added to it, it makes it wide enough that it totally blocks the visibility of an oncoming vehicle in an intersection. That's where I nearly had a head-on myself that would have been my fault.

I'm not necessarily downing the Vent Visor. They're nice, and a good idea. I've just had the Poo scared out of me and don't think the benefit is worth the risk. (Plus the other driver calling me an *%#hole for nearly hitting them head-on doesn't help things)

When I test drove the 2017 I didn't really pay attention to the width of the A pillars. They may be thinner than on the older trucks. If so, I may reconsider.

1 - 20 of 1396 Posts